Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Caporegime
I am not always in agreement with Paul Joseph Watson, but he hits the nail on the head more often than not. The fact is, platitudes are worthless, action is needed. But which politician ever took real action to stamp out the threat of Islamic terror in the West? I'm struggling to think of one.

What "real action" could you do?

And what repercusions will that "real action" have.

I mean weve had suggestions of just rounding up all the families/comunities that would end in riots and a massive terror/resitance campagin.

Man of Honour
Seen a lot of suggestions of reprisals both against Muslims and the government on Facebook quite a bit from usually placid people.

Caporegime
It's an easy (lazy) argument to make if you assert that we are currently doing nothing, and attacks still happen, therefore doing something must be better. It's flawed in about a billion different ways but if you're chasing YouTube views then those aren't details worth worrying yourself with.

There's so many levels of wrong summarised in that link. The person who wrote such a tone deaf Tweet in the first place, modern journalism for deeming it worthy of coverage, us for talking about it etc. And anyway, if you hacked someone's Twitter account you'd just post the goatman rather than writing something in poor taste.

Soldato
I am not always in agreement with Paul Joseph Watson, but he hits the nail on the head more often than not. The fact is, platitudes are worthless, action is needed. But which politician ever took real action to stamp out the threat of Islamic terror in the West? I'm struggling to think of one.

There is nothing you can do, if you think there is, i can explain why it is useless.

Permabanned
I am not always in agreement with Paul Joseph Watson, but he hits the nail on the head more often than not.

good of you to inject a bit of humour into this thread. The guys a fear mongering cretin of the highest order who has had so many of his statements and claims debunked over the years it's a wonder he still has any subscribers. He pretty much defines the term 'cherry picker'.

Last edited:
Soldato
Critical level means they have intelligence about something. They wouldn't raise the threat level otherwise due to the massive costs per day due to increased police resources and army call up.

We're three weeks away from an election. Theresa May has just had the worst week of her political career. Raising the threat level increases the illusion that she is doing something, whilst also ensuring other news is buried.

Like it or not, this utterly awful event is being used for political purposes now.

Raz

Raz

Soldato

Any suggestions?

Personally I think we need changes across the board, by which I mean Muslim communities stamping out radicalisation and opening up for full debates/discussions on Islam (internal and external), immigrant communities taking more ownership in resolving non-integration and addressing wider concerns, governments making changes to foreign policies and not chasing profits, not training terrorists to fight terrorists as and when it suits their agenda, a complete rethink on arms and who they are sold to, and so on. It's a long term vision.

Of course, for some it's a simple case of 'sorting out the Muslims'

Caporegime
It happened outside secuirty.

You'd jist end up in a never ending expansion if you wanted too screen people before theyre screened etc.

Happens a lot in many other countries. Having to go through metal detectors and your bag Xrayed to get into the terminal building. You you then check in and go through security (another metal detector and X-ray) like normal.

you're conflating two different things there - on one hand you're criticising the followers and on the other the ideology

if you said all muslims are terrorists you'd quite rightly get a bit of flack for it - in fact you'd probably have a suspension on here

you could perhaps get away with generalising about UKIP supporters and calling them racists

You'd likely be fine to say you can't stand 'liberals' or that you hate 'Tories'

Fair. :)

I should have said equating UKIP to be a "racist bigoted party that whose supporters are backwards and inherently condone racism and violence against immigrants" I'd rightly be corrected and chastised. Say a similar thing about Islam and its followers and you'll get a similar response. Both comments would probably get deleted as inflammatory. The reality is however the latter about Islam and its followers is far more common on this forum.

Neither comparisons are particularly useful though are they. Both are overly broad brushes that don't bring anything to the conversation and tar a massive number of people with an unfair brush.

To add to that I'd suggest several of those most complaining about being censored wouldn't write something as relatively inane as that. There have been plenty of comments involving "sub humans" and genocide/mass punishment on this very subject in the past on these forums. Luckily over the last year or two it's been toned down a bit, quite possibly because of the work of the mods and post deletions suspensions and bannings. Talking about exterminating UKIP followers would put more than a few people's backs up don't you thing?

well that is besides the point really - I never made any specific claims re: timeline

Neither did I. But you first commented on my post so I'd like to think I get to decide timelines as I brought the subject up. ;)

Point is I really don't think Islamic fundamentalism is going to be the last cause planting bombs in British cities, by far. No matter how much society evolves.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Prosecuting NGOs for rescuing people? Seems extreme even if they're not vetted. It's not as though being rescued is automatically citizenship (is it?). Again how many attacks have been committed by immigrants? Whats the other option let them all drown?

There's no solution there.

No it's not. Any rescued person would subsequently have to claim asylum in the UK and then wait to be assessed. Once assessed they would be either be told to leave/deported or they would be classed as a refugee and allowed to stay as a refugee. After those 5 years, of things were still unsafe to go home they may be given indefinite right to remain (and I presume eventually citizenship?).

http://www.asylumaid.org.uk/the-asylum-process-made-simple/

You really have to want to come to the UK though as the UK has some of the lowest rates of asylum claims approved in Europe, way below the EU average.

What action should be taken? What do you think the results (positive and negative) would be? It's all very well complaining that politicians haven't taken "action" but you need to come up with some suggestions yourself as to what you would consider to be action.

Soldato
We're three weeks away from an election. Theresa May has just had the worst week of her political career. Raising the threat level increases the illusion that she is doing something, whilst also ensuring other news is buried.

Like it or not, this utterly awful event is being used for political purposes now.
Yes..hmmm yes....except for the fact May or any party leader has any say weather or not the threat level changes.

Back
Top Bottom