Manchester Meet-Up

Associate
id like the thank the people who organised the meet ,the drive was sweet ,some nice cars, the company was cool,Coco and gilly your cars are sweet lets say i know what i want after the 205 :D ,i was well happy how my car run after its service and mot plus does anybody have Coco and Gillys lap time :D you 2 must have very heavy right feet ,next time i will be giving you 2 my money for the pub at least i know my drink will be waiting :p

Associate
Oi oi, give it some beans!

It was a good day, nice to meet everyone, the weather did us a favour.
Well scouted out roads as well, plenty of overtaking opportunies :)
I had a decent blast with Gilly & with Trickle when we were leaving, Paradigm gave his VTR some welly as well, go on my son! "Burger!" ;)

Associate
We must thank Trickle for paying the tip at the pub
It serves me right for proclaiming "This will be easy, everyone just pay what was on the menu and I'll sort it at the bar!" ;)

Lots of nice cars. Too many sheep including flying kamikaze ones like the one that jumped off that hill onto Paul's rover.

Soldato
Thanks to everyone that came today, im glad you liked the roads and your "burger", i would like to thank agw and firestar for helping me sort out the meet, cheers guys.
Lets hope we do it again sometime. :)

Soldato
OP
Hey hey, welcome back Deadly! :)

I've just got back from my night out with the gf, so am going to get to work on the video editing right away. Got a few minutes of decent footage.

ROFL @ the burger remark... that was absolute comedy!

Gilly and Coco were absolute mad men (in a good way). It didn't take long before I lost sight of them. The only reason I knew where I was going was because I saw cymatty and Deadly in the distance. I don't think they had the balls to keep up with the two Clio's.

I also found out that the Saxo VTR is a very understated car. Top notch handling, good performance... made my Rover feel like the grandad mobile it is :(

cymatty, don't mention it mate. You put in a lot of effort too, all I did was create the thread with a couple of details. You did the rest. It was indeed a great meet, and I too would like to see it repeated in future.

And yep, cheers Trickle for paying at the pub. I was short of a quid, so I owe you a pint at the next meet (same to you Firestar and cymatty who bought me both a drink - top guys). Lovely car btw!

Soldato
Was going to come down in the Clio but didn't wake up till 2 :o

Went down their tonight to check the roads out instead, blimey they're a bit nice to drive :cool:

Looks like a good day though, I'll be there at the next one, evening out the French bias :D

Soldato
OP
I think Mark tried ringing you early on andi, but said you didn't answer. That would be why :(

Not bad roads are they... I've got some nice footage of the main straight where Deadly just boots the Pug. When I took my car out on the first loop, I overtook Daz down there and then locked the wheels when I came to that junction just over the brow. Did that catch you out?

Would be good to have you at the next one. I'm sure it won't be too far in the future. I'll hopefully have the car all fixed by then :p

Soldato
Don't think it'll have been me he was ringing, if it was, I'm scared how he's got my number :o :D

I went the other way round, right as you come off the motorway, but I think I know the junction you mean, at the end of the big long straight over the bridge section? It comes up out of nowhere going in that direction, I can imagine it'd be easy to overshoot totally going the other way :eek:

Associate
yeah i totally missed it, misjudged it completely when i eventually thought crap a junction i was doing 60+ at the time put the anchors on locked the wheels screeching tyres and a whole lot of smoke, certainly shook me up a little, was impressed as it was quite a controlled stop, on the second look i took note of my tyre marks, i stopped just at the give way lines. Safe to say i took it very easy from then on so easy infact i over heated my brakes on the way home.

thedazman

Soldato
OP
Hmmm, perhaps Paradigm phoned you then? No idea.

andi, I can't remember how the route went, but yeah I think you're on the right tracks with that junction. There's a sign for it, but you just don't expect it to be there so soon.

Anyway, video is done. It's not very good but does show some highlights of the day. Shame no one caught Coco's "burger" statement on camera... that would have been good. It's a 19mb file, and so, can anyone host it for me? Cheers :)

Daz, yeah, we all saw your tyre marks ;) I locked up there too. Was quite scary. I'm quite impressed at how my car handles though. For a mini-barge, when the tyres are upto temperature it does keep on gripping. At the S bend over the bridge, I knocked it down to 2nd gear and was doing about 30 around there, then floored it and went into the other S bend at full pelt! Awesome. I also took a few corners pretty quickly, on the wrong side of the road and go into the corner wide... awesome stuff! Really enjoyed it. Would have been better if I hadn't had to worry about the car though :(

edit... video is now uploading to temporary webspace. Could do with someone to host it for me though, please. The video can be found here. It is uploading at the moment though, so won't be available for another 20 minutes or so.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Gilly, any chance of this being archived one we have finished rambling on?

Can't wait to see the video Andy, working atm but post in the forum once your up and we can sort out something :)

Watched the 3 mins of video I took and apart from my gps mount obscuring part of the road its actually turned out alright, it gives you some idea of the roads, i shall edit it once i get home.

Back
Top Bottom