Marvel Studios Loki

Soldato
I don't think people are taking 'issue' with it, although I'm sure that would delight the woke brigade.

I just think it's a bit boring. Loki facing off against Loki as a female.

We'll see.

Caporegime
a pig version of Spiderman appears in Spider-verse but people take issue with a female version of loki...

:p
was that before or after the simpsons spiderpig episode?

personally I'm enjoying loki, I don't like the guy in the movies, only really seen the thor ones though.
skip most comic book stuff especially if it's a series.

female version as the villain it just seems like a weak attempt at appeasing a certain community.
especially when hollywood has been pushing so many female remakes of films and now it's happening with comics book tv stuff

yea okay some had female comics but since when 2008? wasnt that the time hollywood started pushing female stuff
remakes and reboots I always dislike them though.
just seems like a lame cash grab

I wouldn't want a male version of a female superhero either, I'd rather originality

Soldato
On a positive note, whoever sorted the sets/backdrop for some of the TVA stuff, they deserve a medal. The set design is absolutely brilliant and I love the 1970s office vibe.

The theme tune for it is glorious as well :D

Soldato
Pretty sure it's just Loki as a female, the 'female versions' of the characters seem all the rage with Marvel (Disney) right now, thor is getting a female version (Natalie Portman iirc) filmed too iirc.

Got to be honest, this all feels a little 'meh' at the moment for me, the reveal kind of felt like they'd run out of ideas when you consider how many old 'male character' movies are being remade with 'female characters' instead.

Comic books (there are female versions of pretty much all major marvel characters) and trying to 'hit certain demographics' most likely, although I'm sure they'll try and spin it as some sort of multiverse thing.

And when they all inevitably flop, they'll blame that on the target audience being anti female or, racist, sexist or transphobic take your pick (depending on how they alter the characters).

When they introduce a character and build that characters story up I'm all for it, regardless. If on the other hand you try force feed something to me and demand I just accept it. That ain't gonna happen and as I don't have a 'platform' to voice my opinion I'll do it in the best way I can. Not give them any money.

Caporegime
So spoiler tags don't exist in this thread then?
I'm going to go read a thread for a series I know is currently airing.
I will do that a day after a new episode has came out expecting no one to be talking about it.

some serious flaw in this logic

Soldato
And when they all inevitably flop, they'll blame that on the target audience being anti female or, racist, sexist or transphobic take your pick (depending on how they alter the characters).

When they introduce a character and build that characters story up I'm all for it, regardless. If on the other hand you try force feed something to me and demand I just accept it. That ain't gonna happen and as I don't have a 'platform' to voice my opinion I'll do it in the best way I can. Not give them any money.
Wasn't Captain Marvel supposedly planned to be the 'next phase' of marvel movies.... poor choice of actress and in all honesty a pretty poor movie ruined that imo, it wasn't down to the fact it was a 'woman superhero' etc, wonder woman shows that can sell (although I can't say I'm it's target demographic after ww1984...). Black Widow could be good but personally I'm not a huge fan of Scarlett Johanson as an actress, she's a bit 'samey' imo.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying this so far. My complaint is that more aren't released in one go but it's off to a brilliant start.

I want to know more about the TVA as it looks really interesting as do the characters.

Soldato
I'm going to go read a thread for a series I know is currently airing.
I will do that a day after a new episode has came out expecting no one to be talking about it.

some serious flaw in this logic

Well considering there are spoiler tags in other threads sure. I came to check general response to second episode as first was a little slow.

Often people will state how they felt and then any details in spoiler tags. I would have thought that is etiquette.

Would be different if the series had completed and had been out for while.

Soldato
Well considering there are spoiler tags in other threads sure. I came to check general response to second episode as first was a little slow.

Often people will state how they felt and then any details in spoiler tags. I would have thought that is etiquette.

You shouldn't assume, as not everyone adheres to that etiquette and some peoples definition of spoiler could be different. Either way I don't go into a thread unless I'm up to date... just in case.

Back on topic. I initially wasn't keen on a series about Loki but wanted to see where they were going to take it. I was pleasantly surprised, the story so far is engaging and overall very unique and not what I was expecting at all.

Soldato

There is a sticky at the top of this forum explaining what you should expect :)

Caporegime

I don't mean to be rude to you bro, it's just you can't expect totally no spoilers. always will be something someone else doesn't consider a spoiler.

if it was the same day as release then yea, I think people would be more on your side, but when it's a day or two later it;s really kinda of expected to be some form of a spoiler

personally I do try to be spoiler free but if someone else already spoiled it then I let my guard down as they are taking the flack :D (I hope)

Soldato
It's not a big deal. I know now.

I'm enjoying this more than Wandavision and Falcon. Particularly like how you're constantly trying to work out Loki's game plan. His interactions with mobius are hilarious. The end of 2nd episode pretty much confirmed everything was all an act.

Don
I'm really enjoying this so far. My complaint is that more aren't released in one go but it's off to a brilliant start.

I want to know more about the TVA as it looks really interesting as do the characters.

There's only 6 episodes total... Disney need to spread them out to keep those subscriber numbers up!

Caporegime
It's not a big deal. I know now.

I'm enjoying this more than Wandavision and Falcon. Particularly like how you're constantly trying to work out Loki's game plan. His interactions with mobius are hilarious. The end of 2nd episode pretty much confirmed everything was all an act.
Both Tom Hiddleston & Owen Wilson are superb. Tom edges it for me though, he gets so involved as Loki it's brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom