Marvel Studios Loki

Man of Honour
To me episode 3 felt like a copy of a Doctor Who episode, with suddenly being on a planet about to be destroyed, and then getting past guards using psychic paper... I mean a psychic disguise, to try and stop their destruction.

Yeah 3rd episode did have strong Dr Who vibes in the setting, etc. have to say I was lukewarm to the episode - didn't hate it, didn't really find it that interesting either.

Caporegime
Yeah that was a slow episode. Very like an average episode of Dr Who.....I was hoping this show would be more like "rick and morty" levels of time travel them constantly popping in and out of events, tweaking them blah blah. But its going more for a sit down and discuss your frail emotions approach.

I honestly dont mind it, 100x better than the falcon winter soldier one. It needs to speed up a bit for me at least. Your average Marvel Film is 2h ish, these being 5=6h just being dragged out... It does them no favours really, if nothing much happens.

Soldato
Yeah Episode 3 was a little boring, I think all the running around and fighting was just there because the actual jist of the episode was the TVA reveal about the staff.

Also the end bit where the city was being destroyed it looked a little fake as they tended to be looking to run and hit an unseen mark on the floor pretty sure I saw Tom H a couple of times look down at his feet to check he had run to the right spot for the (later) CGI to be inserted at the right place.

Soldato
Isn't Loki a frost giant or whatever they are called? Isn't his whole human look an illusion in it's self?
You're not supposed to remember that..... son of the leader of the frost giants, has blue skin etc... all shown in the thor (2011) movie

I'm sure if they're asked they'll just shove it in the multiverse pile and say its a different versions of loki, this one is a purely 'human' one, having said that apart from the bit in thor he's never been anything but 'human' in appearance so....

Soldato
I'm enjoying it, the production values are as expected stellar. Episode 3 was a little weaker but I think they were looking to take their time with the relationship between the 2 Loki's. I'm assuming like WandaVision this one is going to have reprecussions for the MCU, which could be interesting.

Soldato
How on a planet that's being bombarded by meteor strikes did the train track not get at least one bit of damage to it

CGI though was great for that episode, it had a real Ragnarok feel to it.

Soldato
Shocked when Mobius got pruned, but as soon as Loki did too, I was like, nah! They were either going to undo time and undo the prune or they are getting transported somewhere.

Are we meant to know the 3 in the post credit scene?

Associate
Great episode. On the edge of my seat the whole time.

I wonder exactly what would have happened if the TVA didn't rescue them at the beginning of the episode. Two Loki getting together would stop an apocalypse from happening.

Back
Top Bottom