*** Mass Effect 3 ***

do i need to play one and two to play this game or will it explain its self to new players as i hate missing games at release, playing them a couple of years later when they don't look so good any more kinda spoils the whole experience for me.

a quick look about the internet shows everyone is crying about the ending is it really that bad or just fan boys of the whole series having a moan ?

is multi player any good ?

and is the n7 limited edition worth getting for the in game content ?

Last edited:
You should play the first two, if nothing else because they are much better games than ME3. They both still look great anyway, and the first game has the best story, the second one the best characters.

The ending is very bad, but if you don't play one and two, it might not seem like such a kick in the teeth.

and is the n7 limited edition worth getting for the in game content ?

Theres a lot of stuff in the N7 thats just fluff, like the sound track, hoodie, robodog, etc, tho you do get N7 weapons, & the from ashes DLC, which is a must have tbh.

In hindsight, i personally would've bought the Vanilla ME3, & got the from ashes DLC seperatley, as you can quite easily live without the N7 weapons, but the "character" thats part of the from ashes dlc, goes to the very core of the game, & puts a whole new slant on things. oh & dl the extended cut as well.

Can't comment on the MP as i don't play it.

Ah yes, "Leviathan"...

For once I'm not just going to lap up DLC without waiting for some reviews/opinions.

I don't really care either way tbh. The trailers are full of talk like "this can help us fight the Reapers", but we all know it isn't going to make the slightest difference. Any dlc mid-game for the last game in a series which does not affect the ending is just pointless.

is multi player any good ?

I don't know how much you know about the multiplayer already but its purely cooperative where you play with up to more 3 people on a variety of different difficulties and maps versus different enemy factions present in the single player game. It was pretty basic when it was first released but they've added plenty of different classes, most of which play differently to one another with different skills/strengths/weaknesses as well as some new maps and scenarios. Theres plenty of weapons to unlock, but its all based on luck as to what you get when you buy packs, which can either be done with real money or credits earned in game for completing missions.

Thats probably more information than you're after but I quite enjoy it EVEN THOUGH THERES NO TEXT CHAT :mad: :D

Leviathan seems to be 800 Bioware points, which are to £6.99 on the Origin Store. Doesn't really seem worth it for what's described as 4 hours of gameplay, yet I've no doubt that I'll pick it up soon anyway. It does look interesting, and I always eventually end up buying DLC just to see what I was missing. Shame Origin almost never has Bioware points on sale.

Finaly got round to buying me3 (currently dling) off origin for £7. Im gonna get the sp dlcs as i wont touch mp. So what do people think of the dlc:
From Ashes
Leviathen

I still got my saves from ME1 and ME2, i just got to know what happens next. And i hope i can look past the apperently bad ending:(

Well they both seem kind of essential really.

Without From Ashes you miss out on a great character (seriously, Javik is boss) and quite a lot of lore.

I haven't yet played Leviathan - I uninstalled ME3 several weeks ago and haven't wanted to reinstall it yet, but from what I've seen this DLC seems essential to the plot and lore, although there may some contradictions with the ending exposition.

Oh, speaking of Javik - make sure you remember to regularly roam around the Normandy (and Citadel) between missions to hear all of the funny/awesome squad conversations! :D

Back
Top Bottom