*** Mass Effect 3 ***

The new DLC was pretty good just a shame it doesn't yet make a significant difference to the ending. I'm personally confident that slowly little by litter over the next 12 months the SP DLC will bring us to an ending where we are able to set up mass effect 4, as we see they have a desire to make this. An mmo would be a terrible idea though.

Hi, after finishing ME1 and ME2 (two times both)...finally got my hands on ME3 and played about 4 hours so far...

I tried multiplayer- quick game, but no luck founding server. Does anybody play multiplayer at all? I just wanna try... :p

The new DLC was pretty good just a shame it doesn't yet make a significant difference to the ending. I'm personally confident that slowly little by litter over the next 12 months the SP DLC will bring us to an ending where we are able to set up mass effect 4, as we see they have a desire to make this. An mmo would be a terrible idea though.

I dont know what happened with me and ME3.. I just cant bring myself to finish this DLC and found it really tedious. Maybe its the numerous other games I have backed up, or the fact that finishing it will have little bearing on the ending.

I dont think I will both with future DLC for this title even though I bought all of them for ME2.

They could go back to the days when Anderson was a Spectre

He never was a Spectre was he? I thought he was considered but after the mission with Saren he was on went bad and Saren somehow managed to blame Anderson he never got in. But hey could be wrong :)

I am replaying the whole lot as I just got ME3. Far as I can tell he never was, the drunk in the pub who says he was wasn't telling the whole truth.

Last edited:
He never was a Spectre was he? I thought he was considered but after the mission with Saren he was on went bad and Saren somehow managed to blame Anderson he never got in. But hey could be wrong :)

I am replaying the whole lot as I just got ME3. Far as I can tell he never was, the drunk in the pub who says he was wasn't telling the whole truth.

I can't be bothered to check into his backstory but I don't need to, you are correct. Shepherd was the first human Spectre which is why it was a such big deal, if he was the first then Anderson obviously couldn't have been one.

I didn't put much thought into it when I wrote it.

Theres another new DLC incoming, due 27th November. Retake Omega. Sounds like it's going to be a big one, or at least i hope it is seeing as how it's a fiver more than Leviathan was.

Omega ....Who cares about retaking Omega? Earth is burning and there are Reapers everywhere ffs! ....juat another step in the narrative disaster that is Mass Effect 3

Oh and LOL at Mass 3 Effect

finished a week or back

The final fight in London was tough.. Banshees and brutes.. Just kept my distances and kept running taking small chunk. Thanks fully, you do';t have to finish them off. Pressed the missile launch as soon as it was available.

I took the option to the right.. which was to rid the gallatic of A.I. cur scene saw the Normandy battle through a portal only to crashed on a green planet somewhere.. got no idea what that means.

Loved the series, I think 2 was the best, but only because the binding of jump and cover were bound to the same **** key.. Really annoying that.

I hope there isn't a 4th but the franchise is too big to let it go.

I have to say that Mass Effect 3 with all DLCs is my favourite from the trilogy. I played the whole trilogy including all DLCs this past month and loved them all, but third one is the best and the ending was pretty good too, but I absolutely understand how horrible it must have been on release. Those updates improve it a LOT. And Javik is amazing too.

I have to say that Mass Effect 3 with all DLCs is my favourite from the trilogy. I played the whole trilogy including all DLCs this past month and loved them all, but third one is the best and the ending was pretty good too, but I absolutely understand how horrible it must have been on release. Those updates improve it a LOT. And Javik is amazing too.

Really? Just really?

I am truly amazed that anyone would think ME3 the best of the series

Really? Just really?

I am truly amazed that anyone would think ME3 the best of the series

I played ME3 for the first time with all DLCs only, so I did not have my first experience of it marred by horrible ending and lacking content. Javik is very fun character ("Your joker pilot insists on calling me Prothy the Prothean.."), Leviathan prepared me for the ending, so it was not an out of the blue WTF. And apart from the ending I found the game itself quite a bit better than previous ones due to:
- Even more fluid and fun combat with more moves (lack of holster sucked though, damn console memory limits)
- more interesting location design (loved Rannoch, Tuchanka, Palaven, Citadel..)
- fantastic reactivity to decisions from previous games, loved meeting all the old friends...plus both Thane and Mordin, my favourites, died like heroes they were
- meeting even side characters from ME2 DLC like David Archer on the academy, where I also met Jack...I love this kind of reactivity
- best music soundtrack in the series
- most moving story elements, I was moved to tears when I managed to unite Geth and Quarians, when cured Genophage at the cost of Eve's life...
- brilliant dialogues with EDI and sometimes Joker, I was in stitches most of the time during those

I could go on....
Look, I liked first two a LOT as well. But third one is a crowning achievement.
But again, IF I played it first on release, I would probably hate the ending too and it would spoil my experience. So I am DAMN GLAD I waited!

Back
Top Bottom