*** Mass Effect 3 ***

Just to drop in a radom note, I purchased a hard disk copy of ME2 and downloaded ME3 via Origin. Will my character save date transfer over to origin automatically or will I have to do some file swapping???

Just to drop in a radom note, I purchased a hard disk copy of ME2 and downloaded ME3 via Origin. Will my character save date transfer over to origin automatically or will I have to do some file swapping???

I don't think it makes any difference if you have a hard copy or download. The most you will have to do is move a few files. The launcher will tell you what to do, if anything.

Last edited:
I'll be up for a few games this evening again :D

I'm rather good at dying! I always have been so I can't use the "I'm rusty" excuse. Thanks for some of the tips last night Reeve I managed to get my mouse sorted and it makes using a sniper so much more enjoyable!

I've not played with many other weapon types really as I always found the assault rifles so weak but I think I only have level 1/2 versions of some of them.

Do guys hop on mumble or just continue to use in-game chat?

Sorry if i was a bit hard to understand. I always stammer a lot when i'm trying to explain something, my cold didnt help either.

Most assault rifles are weaker than they should be in this game, it wouldnt really make much difference if they were at level 10, there are no decent damage gold assault rifles. There are a few ARs that stand out: the harrier, mattock(the best non UR assault rifle), saber, falcon(for staggering) and the particle rifle. Most of the above are ultra rare, good luck getting them to a high level without putting a lot of time in.

Theres so many good gold shotguns to chose from, the claymore, raider, reegar, piranha and the geth plasma shotgun. The majority of these require the smart choke to be effective at anything other than close range, but with the armor piercing and damage mod that shotguns now have, its not really an issue to tie up one of the mod slots with a smart choke.

For some reason bioware neglected to give assault rifles the same mod(even sniper rifles have it) even though they desperately need it when compared to the other weapon classes. Instead they get a mod that adds a weight penalty, increases armor penetration a lot, but stops you using an extended barrel :rolleyes:.

I will be on when the operation goes up, so will be playing reaper games until the challenge is completed, got to kill me a lot of banshees :D.

I may be able to play some tomorrow afternoon for a bit but definitely Sunday afternoon. I've got to get an early night tonight I'm afraid... starting work at 6.30 tomorrow. :(

BW have anounced the very last 2 pieces of DLC for ME3 today.

According to Mike Gamble, Citadel is going to weigh in at a hefty 4Gb, so it's a sizeable DLC, going to be interesting to see how this final DLC plays out.

Embark on one last adventure with your team in Mass Effect 3: Citadel.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/downloads/citadel/

When a sinister conspiracy targets Commander Shepard, you and your team must uncover the truth, through battles and intrigue that range from the glamour of the Citadel's Wards to the top-secret Council Archives. Uncover the truth and fight alongside your squad – as well as the cast from the original Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, including Urdnot Wrex!.

Released on 5th March.

ME3DLCC1_zpsd142a23b.jpg

The Reckoning.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/downloads/multiplayer_packs/#reckoning

Prepare for the Reckoning! Newfound allies join the multiplayer war for survival in Mass Effect 3: Reckoning. The Geth Juggernaut, Female Turian Raptor, Talon Mercenary, Alliance Infiltration Unit, and more take up arms to stop the Reaper threat. Smash your enemies with the Biotic Hammer as you lay waste to the battlefield as the Krogan Warlord.

Wield 7 new weapons for multiplayer, including the Geth Spitfire Assault Rifle, Venom Shotgun, Lancer Assault Rifle, and amplify your arsenal with new equipment and weapon mods featuring the Geth Scanner and Assault Rifle Ultralight Materials.

Mass Effect 3: Reckoning launches on February 27th worldwide on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, at no additional cost.

ME3DLCR1_zpsd9d4e068.jpg

Those using human vanguard online, what weapons and mods are you using? I'm trying to use just a good shot gun to keep my cooldown times low. Using the Krogran Spike rail shotgun thigy, seems alright.

Love using charge and nova :D I'm getting a lot better with my biotic skills now that I've read up on them. Instantly getting 40% shields regen when charging a target is a real nice bonus. Great for escaping hairy situations by biotically "leap frogging" from one target to another :)

It's very arcady and very simple, but I really like it. Something really satisfying about it all. I need more practice though; I'm only getting about 35k points per round on Bronze.

I agree with what someone said a few posts up about the dodge and cover system. Really boils my **** when you try to get away and you just pin to another surface. I've got many hours in ME2 (probably ~100) and I still can't get used to it. The worst is when you try to release from pin and instead you jump over the cover right infront of the enemy you're trying to hide from. Died many times because of that lol

Last edited:
You'll only get Wrex if you kept him alive, other wise you'll get another Krogan in his place.

Just seems weird that they would market the dlc with a character who I thought was dead by default in ME2.

Then again, going by ME3, making sense is not one of their concerns.

Those using human vanguard online, what weapons and mods are you using? I'm trying to use just a good shot gun to keep my cooldown times low. Using the Krogran Spike rail shotgun thigy, seems alright.

Love using charge and nova :D I'm getting a lot better with my biotic skills now that I've read up on them. Instantly getting 40% shields regen when charging a target is a real nice bonus. Great for escaping hairy situations by biotically "leap frogging" from one target to another :)

It's very arcady and very simple, but I really like it. Something really satisfying about it all. I need more practice though; I'm only getting about 35k points per round on Bronze.

I agree with what someone said a few posts up about the dodge and cover system. Really boils my **** when you try to get away and you just pin to another surface. I've got many hours in ME2 (probably ~100) and I still can't get used to it. The worst is when you try to release from pin and instead you jump over the cover right infront of the enemy you're trying to hide from. Died many times because of that lol

If you're using a charge>nova spam build, then you generally wont use weapons too much anyway. If you really want to use a shotgun and get good cooldown times, use the disciple. If you've only just started playing then the cooldown will probably still be too long(the weapons become lighter as they level up). I would just stick to an avenger or predator for the time being.

For a charge>nova spam build you should go:
Charge - 6, 2 additional targets @ 4, power synergy @ 5 and either bonus power or 100% barrier recharge at 6
Nova - 6, Damage(you could go either I guess) @ 4, Power recharge @ 5, and Pierce @ 6
Alliance training - 6, power damage @ 4, power damage @ 5 and either weapon weight or weapon damage at 6
Fitness - 6, just pick shields all the way down, go for melee damage boost at level 5 if you like to melee stuff as vanguards generally dont need shield recharge.

If you want to keep shockwave, I would go atleast up to level 5, chosing damage at level 4 and combo damage at level 5. Then drop the last point in alliance training and the last 2 points in fitness. Shockwave is a good detonating skill but it relies on another biotic being in the team and in most situations you will probably just use charge or nova to detonate anyway, even if the explosions are weaker.

The general idea is to charge>roll to the side>nova>charge>roll to the side>nova ad infinum. It wont work so well with units that can sync kill but cant be staggered but even those units wont be able to sync kill 100% of the time, you just need to know when they're vulnerable. With the power damage bonus from charge and the recharge bonus from nova you will be unkillable provided you don't get sync killed/staggered as you're immune to damage throughout most of the power animations.

Last edited:
What do challenge points get you? I haven't actually completed any yet, but I see you get them for completing the challenges.
Complete challenges and unlock banners to display in the lobby. Hidden "best of the best" banner once you've unlocked all the others.

Some are a pain in the backside - the promoting one immediately springs to mind. That and 200 waves for some characters.

Some just happen over time, like the melee one, or the faction challenges.

Pointless mechanic or not - you decide.
Since getting the nomad banner, I don't care for unlocking any of the others.

If you're using a charge>nova spam build, then you generally wont use weapons too much anyway. If you really want to use a shotgun and get good cooldown times, use the disciple. If you've only just started playing then the cooldown will probably still be too long(the weapons become lighter as they level up). I would just stick to an avenger or predator for the time being.

For a charge>nova spam build you should go:
Charge - 6, 2 additional targets @ 4, power synergy @ 5 and either bonus power or 100% barrier recharge at 6
Nova - 6, Damage(you could go either I guess) @ 4, Power recharge @ 5, and Pierce @ 6
Alliance training - 6, power damage @ 4, power damage @ 5 and either weapon weight or weapon damage at 6
Fitness - 6, just pick shields all the way down, go for melee damage boost at level 5 if you like to melee stuff as vanguards generally dont need shield recharge.

If you want to keep shockwave, I would go atleast up to level 5, chosing damage at level 4 and combo damage at level 5. Then drop the last point in alliance training and the last 2 points in fitness. Shockwave is a good detonating skill but it relies on another biotic being in the team and in most situations you will probably just use charge or nova to detonate anyway, even if the explosions are weaker.

The general idea is to charge>roll to the side>nova>charge>roll to the side>nova ad infinum. It wont work so well with units that can sync kill but cant be staggered but even those units wont be able to sync kill 100% of the time, you just need to know when they're vulnerable. With the power damage bonus from charge and the recharge bonus from nova you will be unkillable provided you don't get sync killed/staggered as you're immune to damage throughout most of the power animations.

Just seen this post mate. More excellent advice, thanks for your help!

I just read this about the last dlc -

"The team has poured heart and soul into Mass Effect 3: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3: Citadel," said executive producer Casey Hudson in a statement released to press. "As the launch of these chapters near, the feeling around the studio is bittersweet."
...and I had to laugh to myself. They said the ending to ME3 was bittersweet, so I don't even want to think about what it is like in the Bioware studio atm:eek:

Back
Top Bottom