*** Mass Effect 3 ***

Leviathan is a must IMO. No amazing gameplay but it adds crucial background as to were the reapers game from etc.

Omega was good, not amazing but probably not as bad as some people make it out to be.

Citadel was a must, but very much IMO. Some great humour in it.

If you absolutely must only have one DLC, then yeah Leviathan is it. While I don't think it's as long as the other two, it's impact on the story is far greater, and it's more interesting. I actually felt it was more interesting than the overarching Save Earth storyline of ME3. It's just good.

Of the other two, Citadel is probably the best second choice. It has more optional stuff and more stuff to do with your crew (Omega is solo in terms of your existing crew) as well as the area always being available to you.

Omega focuses more on developing T'loaks character, and although it's less interesting I did enjoy it, and it gives you arguably the best bonus power in the game, so if that's important to you you might be best off with that.

All three are amazing though, some of the best DLC I've ever played.

If you absolutely must only have one DLC, then yeah Leviathan is it. While I don't think it's as long as the other two, it's impact on the story is far greater, and it's more interesting. I actually felt it was more interesting than the overarching Save Earth storyline of ME3. It's just good.

Of the other two, Citadel is probably the best second choice. It has more optional stuff and more stuff to do with your crew (Omega is solo in terms of your existing crew) as well as the area always being available to you.

Omega focuses more on developing T'loaks character, and although it's less interesting I did enjoy it, and it gives you arguably the best bonus power in the game, so if that's important to you you might be best off with that.

All three are amazing though, some of the best DLC I've ever played.

Agreed fully.

I played a platinum game the other night. **** me it was mental. We got wiped out on Wave 10 which was really unfortunate, but I'm surprised I go that far to be honest! Loving the Cabal Vanguard character.

Quick question, i bought the trilogy of mass effect and have just completed mass effect one, after some time spent trying to get a controller to work. Finished mass effect one to then fight with me2 to get it to run for 3 hours and then realize it does not have controller support either even though it is a god damn mother ****ing port of the xbox version. Please tell me me3 has controller support, all the Google results i get are from 2012 was wondering if it had been patched to work in 2013?

Nope no controller support in 3. I used xpadder I think it was called to use my Xbox pad with it.

Stupid that they don't have it but it is EA.....

I
Don't
Even
Believe
It

Mass effect one i expected no controller support, 2 i was surprised, but 3? Are Bioware stupid, why would they make the game for the console port it to pc and remove controller support it doesn't even make sense. To add to this me2 is a nightmare to get to work on pc, took me 3 installs at 21gb each to get the game to work with a controller, run at all due to physx and to use my ME1 save. I hope 3 gives me no more trouble other than the damn controller

Edit: and with using a modified config file in mass effect 2, the powerwheel for biotic abilities and weapons have no UI and you have to rely on text, the start menu when scrolling is inverted i.e. top left is bottom right and so on

Last edited:
I used pinnacle on all three games and the pad worked fine, felt like it was official. You get a month trial of pinnacle game profiler but if you want it forever you've gotta pay. Worth it though as it adds every function to any game and pinnacle make the profiles for you (you can do your own also) and have a big database of profiles.

Playing through atm. Played 1 and 2 and now on to 3. I have just done Omega, and it is absolutely terrible!....now I am starting Citadel which I have not played before(a 'new' enemy, seriously???).

One thing I am noticing on this playthrough- I hate Admiral Hackett popping up every few minutes.

3 was a let down for me after 2.

This is my third playthrough, and I have found it a little more palatable than last time, though I still raged during the Earth section, and every time Hackett turns up, or the crucible is mentioned. I have not played any of the dlc before bar Leviathan, so it feels quite different.

Omega doesn't fit in anywhere, and the game feels much better without it in the game for many reasons( why would you even care to do it?...and you can't even take your squad because of 'reasons'). Leviathan is very good. Citadel seems ok so far, but if I understand correctly, adds nothing to the main story. I have MEHEM installed so that I don't have to go through the ending at least, though I have seen some people saying that it is a good idea to use MEHEM, then play Citadel as if it is happening after everything else....I might try that at some point

I used pinnacle on all three games and the pad worked fine, felt like it was official. You get a month trial of pinnacle game profiler but if you want it forever you've gotta pay. Worth it though as it adds every function to any game and pinnacle make the profiles for you (you can do your own also) and have a big database of profiles.

That Pinnacle profiler has mucked up my system and I cannot get it to work again now.

Any game that I used it for will not work with the Keyboard now. Mass Effect 3 when it says "Press any key to continue" you cannot use the Keyboard. The only way to play is to re-install pinnacle and use the controller.

I have tried removing the game and re-installing but it still will not work.

It's a right pain..

So i have finished mass effect 1 and 2, 21 hours in 1 and 31 hours in 2. 52 so far on one character.....dear help me. Hopefully today i'm gonna start mass effect 3 after i find what version of physx it needs, other than controller support are there any other bugs i should expect on the pc? like 2 had a few that i would expect from a game that had just been released such as bumping into a wall and beginning to levitate, npcs on the quarian flotilla lining up into a 4x3 formation and when im walking i bump into invisible objects as the npcs arent where they should be. so i assume me3 is the same?

Also when i finished 2 i chose to keep the collector base in 1 piece, i assume that is going to come back and bite me in the ass when martin sheen takes over the galaxy with it or something?

Collector base makes no difference at all to anyone but the most lazy player, in fact you would have to work very hard to play badly enough for it to make any difference.

The only thing that is really worth thinking about choice-wise in the whole trilogy is keeping people alive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom