*** Mass Effect 3 ***

Soldato
Keeping them alive only gives you war assets anyway. Even if you kill them, the Reepers some how get them back to make Ravagers and Swarmers.

Soldato
Does anyone still play this online? I've started to play it again and its still a blast. I only have a few ultra rares to collect now so progress on my gear is slow....very slow :p

It's definitely worth a go if you have never tried it provided you have a reliable internet connection. There's nothing worse than spending ~20 minutes to get to the extraction wave only to disconnect with a minute left.

Caporegime
I've uninstalled it as I needed the space on my SSD but I agree the multiplayer Horde style co-op is good fun and a nice change from BFx. I did get very frustrated at getting a whole load of rubbish in the crates for characters or new weapons I would never use. A shame they didn't open up the upgrades so you could pick whatever you wanted. I used to run an N7 Adept (I think!) with only a Geth assault rifle for the power recharge. Biotics all over the place!

Soldato
I've uninstalled it as I needed the space on my SSD but I agree the multiplayer Horde style co-op is good fun and a nice change from BFx. I did get very frustrated at getting a whole load of rubbish in the crates for characters or new weapons I would never use. A shame they didn't open up the upgrades so you could pick whatever you wanted. I used to run an N7 Adept (I think!) with only a Geth assault rifle for the power recharge. Biotics all over the place!

After 350 hours of MP, gaining my BOTB banner but still no harrier, I finally caved in a earning credits from "other means".

Soldato
Just started a new SP play through of the trilogy, with intention of going all out renegade. Sadly ME1 starting to show its age a bit now compared to 2 & 3 and in particular rather tempting to skip all the tedious side missions which involve running around the Citadel carrying messages etc.

The same three or four designs for planet side buildings or mine shafts must have inspired Egosoft for X-Rebirth - ha!

Mako still fun though particularly the Thresher encounters but TBH I just want to push through and get back into ME2 then ME3.

Soldato
Just started a new SP play through of the trilogy, with intention of going all out renegade. Sadly ME1 starting to show its age a bit now compared to 2 & 3 and in particular rather tempting to skip all the tedious side missions which involve running around the Citadel carrying messages etc.

The same three or four designs for planet side buildings or mine shafts must have inspired Egosoft for X-Rebirth - ha!

Mako still fun though particularly the Thresher encounters but TBH I just want to push through and get back into ME2 then ME3.

Nah the Citadel stuff is the best! I hate driving around and up vertical cliffs in the Mako. Every planet I land on, I load up on Mass Effect Wiki so I can see a map of all the locations. Save so much time.

Soldato

I have just finished a trilogy playthrough, and found the opposite. I spent the most time on the first game by a mile, and loved mopping up all of the side quests.

Also, a complaint that people have about planets being the same, and structures being the same...whilst I agree, it just shows how poor BW have become the way they deal with it- people thought the mako was difficult to control, instead of improving it, we will remove it completely. People think all of the buildings are the same, instead of improving them, just take them out:(

Soldato
That's what everyone thought when ME3 was released.

Regardless of what you do in 1 or 2, the storyline in 3 is the same and everything happens the same.

That is exactly why I haven't bothered picking it up. I enjoyed the MP while it was in the demo and would've loved to have played that more but my enthusiasm for the story dropped to zero after the way all your decisions from the first game had absolutely zero impact in the second game. Some of the DLC they released was brilliant. The last one they released was utter trash by all accounts that tunneled you into what they wanted and really set the tone for what ME3 was going to become.

Do people still play the MP in ME3?

Soldato
Idk, im like an hour into 3 and im already seeing my choices from 1 appearing e.g. liara looks at me with this death stare every time i talk to another woman. Ashley is alive rather than kaiden. when i went to speak with liara the shadow broker vi is there (before people say that happens anyway, its nice to remember it from 2) and then you continue your relationship with her again. i'm looking forward to finding wrex and all the crew members from too, which i saved every last one of them.

For those that say that the ending, the last 30 minutes were a let down. Its another choice just like the rest of the game. is me3 not meant to be the ending to the Shepard story, i.e. the entire game not the last 30 mins sure she talks about the reapers coming back in one, again in 2 and in 3 oh look who the **** showed up

THE
REAPERS

The ending is defeating the reapers and that is what 3 is you finishing the 3 part long series and depending on what you did in 1 and 2 certain things (mainly socially and to do with who is alive and who isnt) will be different, not the entire game.

Associate
^ Completely agree with Leprechaun. Yes the original ending was dire, but the choices made in earlier games shaped the remainder of ME3 and made the journey personal, if not the ending.

I've recently replayed the trilogy and found that Leviathan, Citadel and the extended cut at least resulted in ME3 making more sense.

Soldato
^ Completely agree with Leprechaun. Yes the original ending was dire, but the choices made in earlier games shaped the remainder of ME3 and made the journey personal, if not the ending.

I've recently replayed the trilogy and found that Leviathan, Citadel and the extended cut at least resulted in ME3 making more sense.

I havent seen the ending but i have a friend who has played the original and aparently the ending cut scene introduced characters who shouldnt have been places and it literally made no sense. but from playing 1 and 2 and beginning 3 before getting to the end, it seems to me that the entirety of 3 is the ending not the last part

Back
Top Bottom