****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

Associate
Having got the Collectors Edition all through the original series (I-II-III) on the XBox 360, I would normally be the first in line to grab this one too. But changes in how things are required to play as well as those final 5 minutes of the original release of III burned me out of the ME Universe. Will wait this time. If I hear good things, I may rejoin the ME Universe earlier, otherwise it's bargain time waiting.

Yes, I'm still bitter and angry (or maybe it's confused... Hmmm, I dunno) from those original five minutes. I shrug it off now as I did back then, but can never get my head around why it was made as it was. Was just... Meh. *shrug*

Hope to hear more good things so my interest is sooner reignited.

Caporegime
I notice now that the powers' cooldown are back to being how they were in Mass Effect 1. Each power has an individual cooldown instead of a global one. So no more waiting to do biotic combos, I should imagine.

Associate
OP
I kind of don't want all the races from the originally trilogy in save some room for new ones

I'd hope there's room for both old and new to be honest.

I agree that Andromeda has room for both old and new and also hope to see a reconnection with the Milky Way... makes me think of StarTrek: Voyager and all the possible scenarios:cool: how Bioware could do this and please everyone is another story:eek::D

Hope to hear more good things so my interest is sooner reignited.

I think the next month will see the marketing kick in Monk, so I think there'll be something to tempt you back:) In the mean time here's some eye candy:cool:

GoknXDE.gif

I notice now that the powers' cooldown are back to being how they were in Mass Effect 1. Each power has an individual cooldown instead of a global one. So no more waiting to do biotic combos, I should imagine.

That's great to hear:)

I just completed a ME1 play through and enjoyed every minute... onto ME2 with the intention of saving everyone. I remember there's the part where someone has to go into the Duct to open the door later in the collector base... who to send??? I guess that's what saves are for:o;):D

Soldato
I can't decide if I should play through the triology befor this. Loved them all but can't be bothered the Mako on the first game :p

If your planning on starting ME:A on launch day then I'd doubt you've got enough time to get through all 3 games unless you skip a lot of the exploration and side quests.

Soldato
I can't decide if I should play through the triology befor this. Loved them all but can't be bothered the Mako on the first game :p
I LOVE ME1, probably my joint favourite game of all time (with Baldur's Gate II), but really struggled to replay it ahead of Andromeda. It's a combination of its age and the sheer number of times I've replayed it: I know how the conversations play out before talking to people for example.

So instead I'm giving ME3 another play through, as I realised I only played it once then shunned it in disgust over the ending :D

Caporegime
If your planning on starting ME:A on launch day then I'd doubt you've got enough time to get through all 3 games unless you skip a lot of the exploration and side quests.

:p no way. I can barely play one game at a time, took me almost a year to recently finish MGS 5 after several breaks and I have just installed GTA V for a second play through. I am going to try and hold off Andromeda..............try.........

Soldato
Did you finish it before they padded the ending after the outlash?
Before, but I replayed the end with the extended cut. It improved it substantially but in my opinion they'd need to put the game back in the oven for another year to fulfil the promises they set up in the first game (e.g. making your decisions across the games mean something more than war points and a different coloured light show).

Still, people often forget that games are about the experience and not just the payoff at the end, and overall it was an entertaining game.

Soldato
Before, but I replayed the end with the extended cut. It improved it substantially but in my opinion they'd need to put the game back in the oven for another year to fulfil the promises they set up in the first game (e.g. making your decisions across the games mean something more than war points and a different coloured light show).

Still, people often forget that games are about the experience and not just the payoff at the end, and overall it was an entertaining game.

It did feel like a huge let down compared to how the rest of the game was. Hopefully they've learnt from that mistake and we get a proper ending / setup for the 2nd game this time.

Associate
I just completed a ME1 play through and enjoyed every minute... onto ME2 with the intention of saving everyone. I remember there's the part where someone has to go into the Duct to open the door later in the collector base... who to send??? I guess that's what saves are for:o;):D

I used..
...Kasumi

I was pretty gutted about the ending at the time, but found the extended cut and Leviathan helped make more sense of it all. On a second playthrough of the trilogy I also came to the same conclusion as you. Whilst the ending was not effected much, the decisions made in 1 and 2 helped shape the journey through 3. With that in mind I'd consider the trilogy a unique and wonderful gaming experience.

Associate
Without going too far off back over the ending in 3, the main issue I had over the ending was the lack of any resolving of the basic logic involved in it, even with extended cut and Leviathan it was lacking resolution of really obvious points that would have thrown the whole ending into a "What were you smoking?" and "Are you even trying anymore?" deal. At no point have I ever said that the journey wasn't fun and memorable, but that "original" ending. Wow. That managed to sour the whole saga for me (I replayed 1 and 2 got to 3 and always stop playing after a bit because I know the ending is coming up and simply can't stomach the ending).

Soldato
Replaying the games too, now on to the 2nd. Tbh, I think I had a bit more rose-tinted googles for ME1 but still damn good (annoying HUD issues with ultrawide tho, sigh; better in ME2) - much shorter than I remember even doing all the planet scanning and hunting. Already missing the heat-system for guns tho, this thermal clips nonsense is aggravating.

Associate
If I do rejoin early, I won't be replaying the ME series anyway, as the XBox 360 died a year or two back. And the PC I don't have all the same DLC available whereas I had everything over on the console, so will restart from scratch in Andromeda.

Hmmm... Thinking about it now, it does sound more appealing in that sense to restart anew. *starts looking into min requirements* :)

Associate
Without going too far off back over the ending in 3, the main issue I had over the ending was the lack of any resolving of the basic logic involved in it, even with extended cut and Leviathan it was lacking resolution of really obvious points that would have thrown the whole ending into a "What were you smoking?" and "Are you even trying anymore?" deal. At no point have I ever said that the journey wasn't fun and memorable, but that "original" ending. Wow. That managed to sour the whole saga for me (I replayed 1 and 2 got to 3 and always stop playing after a bit because I know the ending is coming up and simply can't stomach the ending).

Completely agree, I should have actually said "the DLC made slightly more sense of it". The original ending was like a joke - not because it wasn't the usual happy joy joy ending, but due to the gaping WTF plot holes.

Associate
OP
I used..
...Kasumi
Thanks for the reminder Zola, I think that's who I used originally but I thought they ended up squished??:D must be a memory glitch:o:D

REVIEWS ARE SURFACING AND SOME SEEM FULL OF SPOILERS SO BE WARNED...

In general the early reviews based on an unfinished build seem very positive:cool::D

Apparently it is a huge game with the ambiguity of choice (no Renegade/Paragon) adding to the immersion:cool:

An early review did mention some dodgy animations especially Sara's expressions. hopefully the final build will have corrected this:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom