****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

Soldato
I've only had 2 issues so far,

One where I loaded a safe and kept falling through the tempest had to load a slightly older save and that fixed it.

Other was it wouldn't load and was stuck on the circle (looks to be a fairly common issue across PC and consoles) again reloading a older safe fixed this.

Man of Honour
Care to elaborate? What "bugs" are you referring too? I mean, this is nothing on the scale of the BF4 release by the way!!

That would be kind of hard - I notice easily a dozen (not an exaggeration) different bugs rated between moderate and game breaking in the first ~1 minute of playing the retail BF4 (multiplayer) on release - including:

Invisible players (that took about 2 minutes to load in models - but could see the gun)
Half the sounds not working properly or missing entirely
Problems navigating simple terrain
Trade kills/rate of fire/update rate related issues
Invisible surfaces absorbing bullets
Weapons randomly not firing or cycling very fast without actually doing any damage
"Levolution" crashing the server
Numerous problems with physics around destructible structures
Completely random KIAs
"netcode" in general being ****
Kills not being registered properly

Why on earth I didn't get it refunded there and then I don't know - probably because I played the beta which generally was in a better shape somehow than the release game.

Would be hard to top that for any game.

Soldato
Interesting to see those so loyal to ME defending MEA yet unwilling to see its faults.

Good video here:

Not sure why it's interesting. Just because it has faults, it does not mean one cannot still enjoy the game. By all accounts, No Man's Sky was terrible, yet I'm sure some really enjoy it. I haven't played that at all btw.

Associate
It's not just the animation it's the narrative. It's an insult to ME1, it's a weak attempt. It's awkward and an attitude of 'that will do'. DAI in space. It has strengths and weaknesses but lacks the magic of ME1.

Soldato
LOL...Tali getting drunk :D

I can kind of see where he's coming from but I wouldn't call it a fault. I also disagree about the lack of personality and "mundanity" of the missions. Personally I've felt like its dragged me in completely. Again, I think this is the typical YT'er who want to give his opinion on the game, which doesn't represent the rest of the gamers and how they feel about the game. It also open more doors for further games, essentially a building block to make the series even more iconic than before.

All the comments I've seen have revolved around "ME2 this, ME2 that" well, clearly there were issues with ME1 which is why they're all pointing to the gameplay/dialogue of ME2 being better. Same goes here, the next instalment after Andromeda can only get better.

Soldato
It's not just the animation it's the narrative. It's an insult to ME1 it's a weak attempt. It has strengths and weaknesses but lacks the magic of ME1.

Again, I totally agree, but I can still enjoy it even if it's not as good as I hoped :) Plus, as a I said a few pages back; it's not like by playing this, ME1 is going to go in a huff and ban me from playing it. I can always revisit the earlier games. I would rather a redo of the ME3 ending than a redo of ME:A :)

Associate
Some of the textures at ultra at worst then ME1 then there's the awkward dialogue and weak story. Yes it's playable but really, 5 years and 40 million dollars and they come up with this. Combat is good, but the charchters and people just arnt likeable or a great story. It's not an RPG. It's some weird mess. I think they've tried to do too much and just made a mess of it.

Bioware is done.

Last edited:
Caporegime
LOL...Tali getting drunk :D

I can kind of see where he's coming from but I wouldn't call it a fault. I also disagree about the lack of personality and "mundanity" of the missions. Personally I've felt like its dragged me in completely. Again, I think this is the typical YT'er who want to give his opinion on the game, which doesn't represent the rest of the gamers and how they feel about the game. It also open more doors for further games, essentially a building block to make the series even more iconic than before.

All the comments I've seen have revolved around "ME2 this, ME2 that" well, clearly there were issues with ME1 which is why they're all pointing to the gameplay/dialogue of ME2 being better. Same goes here, the next instalment after Andromeda can only get better.

No ****... it's not difficult to build on top of something unless you're the lead writer for ME3 and decide your personal decisions shouldn't need vetting by other writers, so you can have a "complex" ending.

Soldato
Some of the textures at ultra at worst then ME1 then there's the awkward dialogue and weak story. Yes it's playable but really, 5 years and 40 million dollars and they come up with this. Combat is good, but the charchters and people just arnt likeable or a great story. It's not an RPG. It's some weird mess. I think they've tried to do much and just made a mess of it.

Bioware is done.

Wasn't it their 3rd team that made this?

Associate
Mostly different team.

I think any true reviewer or fan knows this is a new story, not a reboot or ME4. However MEA2 will have a tall order to undo many of the problems of MEA such as narrative, loyalty etc. Graphics can be fixed, but what truly matters [immersive narrative and RPG] well I'm not sure.

Caporegime
Wasn't it their 3rd team that made this?

Not even the B-grade team was chosen to make this, it has made only one game to date, anything else it did was logistical/support related.

How EA/Bioware thought that handing a franchise like this to amateurs is likely testament to EA's opinion of the franchise now that all the old creative directors are gone, they can just monetise it to oblivion now as there are no dissenting voice to tell them no...

Associate
Not even the B-grade team was chosen to make this, it has made only one game to date, anything else it did was logistical/support related.

How EA/Bioware thought that handing a franchise like this to amateurs is likely testament to EA's opinion of the franchise now that all the old creative directors are gone, they can just monetise it to oblivion now as there are no dissenting voice to tell them no...

Sorry in advance - seeing as you have biggest fraud in gaming history signature and at same time doing "critics" work here.. :D
Im not sure i have enough popcorn for all this saltyness here :D
God forbid if people like MEA and dont agree with some of the "critics" posts here.
I just cant understand people who not playing this and still coming here to post they drivel

Soldato
From what I have read so far the majority of people who are playing it are saying they are enjoying it despite it's well known faults. But the people who are shouting the loudest saying it's awful haven't.

This pretty much, yes it's got issues but what AAA game of the last 2 or even 3 years has launched with no issues or had them fixed sharpish. I'm enjoying my time playing it and I'm only 20 hours into it so far and still got loads left to do.

Associate
I've completed the game and given my appraisal on that experience and wrote meta critic and few retailers sites.

I'd call myself a huge ME fan but I'm not tunnel visioned enough to just support it because it's ME. You don't get trends between magazines reviews, online reviews and just normal gamers, as we are, without there being legitimate rationale. As I said it's a mixed bag but considering the devlopment time and money invested in it, it appears ambition and reality have not come to fruition with MEA.

Back
Top Bottom