****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

Soldato
Keep on getting Direct X error, Whole screen freezes, Alt tab out and there's a box saying Direct X error blah blah blah.

Latest drivers for the 1080 Ti, No funky programs running, Windows 10 all updated, Mobo bios all updated, No overclocks on anything, No OSD running.

divr8ZF.png

I had it often too, but strangely haven't had it for about 15 game hours now. Wonder if it has something to do with GPU temp or OC?

Soldato
Well I've finished it today apart from a few scan plants,minerals and few other meaning less side quests which I cant be bothered with tbh, game says 96% complete but once the missions done its done really 86 hours at level 59
overall enjoyed it once the story lines picked up :) not perfect by a long shot but got my £32 from it and give it a 7/10

Soldato
Finished the last mission last night and wow, that was worth playing through for reminded me of doing the suicide mission in ME2 rather than the shocking ending that was ME3. With the little teasers they give in the epilogue I'm looking forward to the next game (hopefully we do get one)

Soldato
7/10 according to dougsnake. Which seems to be about the avarage.

I kind of hope they do not do a sequel to Andromeda and start a fresh game with better storyline and cast. This one sounds so cheese.

Well I am 56 hours in and would give it a 9/10 as I am really enjoying it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Pretty much more of the same, enjoying it just as much and the visuals are very good on this one.
Visuals in places are definitely very good as expected. But story let me down personally. Did not live up to the very high standard set by Mass Effect. But that is my personal opinion of course :)

I mean the father
dies saving son and he becomes path finder. Very original right there from the get go. lol. So much cheese like that.

Soldato
Just finished this last night, will keep my feedback in spoiler tags as I know a bunch of you are still playing through this :)

Well first of all, such a shame that the game was clearly rushed out the door to make the Financial year end for EA. You can see that they probably needed another 6 months to really give it the polish it needed

I've said this in my previous post but they really need to cut down in the amount of fetch and pointless filler quests. When the main narrative gets going the game really shines but it's plagued by soooo many MMO style quests. Please EA/Bioware be more creative!

In my opinion there was a missed opportunity to give some of the choices real meaning. Some of the crew should have been capable of dying in various points in the story. Choices needed to have stronger consequences that could lead on to the inevitable sequel.

There was scope to add urgency to certain missions. Easiest example would be the AI side quest in which the rogue group of hackers think they have cleansed you of SAM. When the 3 E.M.P are planted around the Nexus there should have been a choice to make regarding going to the Nexus asap or if you skip this and go to another planet, the bombs should detonate and give a little consequence to your actions.

Some cool moments were definitely reading about the Kett experiments and unlocking your Dad's memories from the archive. That leads to the mysterious benefactor. Could Cerberus be involved? :)

Combat was spot on. Loads of scope for different combos. Nice being able to switch between combat profiles. Overall probably the best it has been in a Mass Effect game.

I'm actually looking forward to the next game.

Associate
Keep on getting Direct X error, Whole screen freezes, Alt tab out and there's a box saying Direct X error blah blah blah.

Latest drivers for the 1080 Ti, No funky programs running, Windows 10 all updated, Mobo bios all updated, No overclocks on anything, No OSD running.

divr8ZF.png

Had this repeatedly too... Spent ages trying to fix it. Turned out my old 390 was on it's way out, haven't had it once since replacing my card. Maybe you have an unstable card at that clock speed or temps are too high?

Soldato
7/10 according to dougsnake. Which seems to be about the avarage.
Definitely ended up enjoying MeA but based on the fact I think Me2 was a 9/10 and Me3 8/10,its hard to give MeA any more in my opinion.
The very slow start hinders MeA a lot which most of reviews get based on and where most people just give up on but once past that bit it totally feels mass effect despite some of the characters feeling hollow I`ll happily spend money on the next one :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Definitely ended up enjoying MeA but based on the fact I think Me2 was a 9/10 and Me3 8/10,its hard to give MeA any more in my opinion.
The very slow start hinders MeA a lot which most of reviews get based on and where most people just give up on but once past that bit it totally feels mass effect despite some of the characters feeling hollow I`ll happily spend money on the next one :)
Good to know it gets better :)

Soldato
Just gone 'full strings' with Peebee - we're now an item. How I wish she was real :D

The loyalty missions in this are great. The pointless driving around for things to scan or collect (bodies/datapads/canisters etc.) spoil it though. Big open worlds only really work in games like STALKER or Skyrim IMO. Either there needs to be some form of dynamic ecosystem or the planets need to be more smaller and more guided like the original games. I get really bored driving around; would much rather be on a content rich mission.

Back
Top Bottom