****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

Man of Honour
I hope they make the scanner obsolete in any sequels. It's just not fun to do, and doesn't feel fluid at all. You can't scan while running so you have to keep stopping to scan things and means you're always looking through a damned orange filter.

Soldato
I hope they make the scanner obsolete in any sequels. It's just not fun to do, and doesn't feel fluid at all. You can't scan while running so you have to keep stopping to scan things and means you're always looking through a damned orange filter.

I wouldn't go that far myself, but it does need improvements. The bits where you have to follow pipes etc. are far too easy. Long gone are parts of games where you had to look for things; now there is a quest icon precisely on it, so it is just a mundane, pointless drive to said location. Would be much better if you had to use your noggin to work out where the next step might be etc.

Soldato
Guys, I'm really struggling to understand the 'special' briefed Apex missions. I get that the normal ones are ones that I can send strike teams out on or play myself in MP, however I'm confused about the named ones and am concerned that I've missed out on them like I did with ME3's weekend challenges. "These beautiful killer bots" for example - that is "completed" according to ME:A website as the time frame is up. Does this mean I'll never be able to unlock the rewards/banners/characters etc? I've just completed the new one that came out about an hours ago and all I got was a bronze reward box.

Soldato
Neither could I. Then I bought it and got a refund. It simply wasn't polished enough to warrant the price imo. Patches may have corrected some of the issues since, but I'm going to wait until it's sub £20 before I buy it again.

Soldato
I got sucked into the s*** throwing at Mass Effect on release but once Ive got stuck into it,its a really good game. Very much enjoying it around the 15-20 hour mark now.
Neither could I. Then I bought it and got a refund. It simply wasn't polished enough to warrant the price imo. Patches may have corrected some of the issues since, but I'm going to wait until it's sub £20 before I buy it again.

Will probably do the same.

I got sucked into the s*** throwing at Mass Effect on release but once Ive got stuck into it,its a really good game. Very much enjoying it around the 15-20 hour mark now.

110 hours in so far, and I'm getting towards the end now I think. It's not the same, nor as good as the original three, but I'm loving it so far. I'm struggling to enjoy the profiles though. I liked having to choose a class and being proficient in one. The concept of profiles (I'll not explain them as it could be a spoiler) is pretty cool though; I just wish they weren't limited to only three powers.

Soldato
I'm struggling to enjoy the profiles though. I liked having to choose a class and being proficient in one. The concept of profiles (I'll not explain them as it could be a spoiler) is pretty cool though; I just wish they weren't limited to only three powers.

never bothered with profiles just used soldier changed some of the powers towards the end but gimmie a sniper rifle and an assault rifle im happy lol :p

Soldato
Try increasing your pagefile size?

I had my pagefile fixed at 1gb & was getting the same errors. Googled it & came across a few threads that suggested upping the pagefile to 2-4gb as a fix.

Set initial size to 2048 and max to 4096. I've been error free since.

Soldato
I tried that. When I change it to anything else, I get the directx device removed errors :/
Not had issues myself but remember ME2 recently didn't like my windows 8.1 and gave me similar errors until I changed compatibility mode to windows 7 ,don't know what windows you have but just a thought if you have say windows 10?
You could also try deleting your local profile and let origin replace it with the cloud saved one? used to work for battlefield3/4 since its same engine might work...
Kind of clutching at straws fixes but worth a go maybe?

Soldato
I can't get the game to connect online, want to test the multiplayer but nothing seems to work, anyone had same problem or know of a fix ? cheers.

Man of Honour
Not had issues myself but remember ME2 recently didn't like my windows 8.1 and gave me similar errors until I changed compatibility mode to windows 7 ,don't know what windows you have but just a thought if you have say windows 10?
You could also try deleting your local profile and let origin replace it with the cloud saved one? used to work for battlefield3/4 since its same engine might work...
Kind of clutching at straws fixes but worth a go maybe?

No dice. Appreciate the suggestions though.

Oddly the game worked fine for me prior to 1.05. My only hope now is hoping that it somehow starts working again if/when they release a 1.06.

Sadly as it used to work fine, I've played it far beyond the point of a refund which sucks. As it stands now I was effectively renting the game.

Soldato
Did anyone else flashing white screens on the remove the heart mission on the ice planet? When you're inside the kett base turning off the consoles? I started using fxaa instead of taa - could that be it??

Soldato
Did anyone else flashing white screens on the remove the heart mission on the ice planet? When you're inside the kett base turning off the consoles? I started using fxaa instead of taa - could that be it??
Me too; it rendered that entire area unusable. At one point I was stuck on the platform as I didn't know which way was back in and kept falling off the cliff ha. Never found a fix but I've never needed to return so it hasn't broken the game.

Soldato
Me too; it rendered that entire area unusable. At one point I was stuck on the platform as I didn't know which way was back in and kept falling off the cliff ha. Never found a fix but I've never needed to return so it hasn't broken the game.

Thank god for that I thought my gfx card was on the fritz. Maybe I'll wait til 1.06 and a few more fixes before going on

Back
Top Bottom