****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

Soldato
Thank god for that I thought my gfx card was on the fritz. Maybe I'll wait til 1.06 and a few more fixes before going on

I'm looking forward to the next patch too, as 1.05 as introduced as many annoyances and bugs as it fixed. I'm near the end now though so I'll finish this run through and wait for the next patch before returning to SP.

Associate
Guys I have been playing on 720p with txxa for best performance and no ugly edges. Can you help me out adjust other settings that will give me more fps without loosing to much quality?

Associate
I found this link quite accurate when it came to what settings had the greatest impact and what you could tweak to keep it looking nice and running smooth.

http://www.game-debate.com/news/225...breakdown-and-most-important-graphics-options
I have been using this website, I was hopping for some advice from personal experience. As some setting I have play with have no impact on fps but kills a quality... and is a bit of a mix bag. Can you recommend a good place to try settings out, one that is very demanding so I dont have to worry about lowering thing down when the fight starts.

Soldato
Got the "you can continue to explore after the main story is complete" message last night, so it appears I'm near the very end now. Been a good run, and has taken ~120 hours thus far.

Soldato
Guys, I'm really struggling to understand the 'special' briefed Apex missions. I get that the normal ones are ones that I can send strike teams out on or play myself in MP, however I'm confused about the named ones and am concerned that I've missed out on them like I did with ME3's weekend challenges. "These beautiful killer bots" for example - that is "completed" according to ME:A website as the time frame is up. Does this mean I'll never be able to unlock the rewards/banners/characters etc? I've just completed the new one that came out about an hours ago and all I got was a bronze reward box.
Dont think anyone has answered this yet so here goes..

There are no special rewards for these missions as far as im aware although they may have unique objectives/maps/enemies. I think it was 3 weeks or so ago where a unique enemy was meant to appear but i never saw it as i think there were issues with the mission type. To be honest they all seem pointless to me, i'd much rather the extra content was unlocked so it could appear in regular matches. As it currently stands there are two maps, Paradox and the 'killer robots' arena that aren't selectable. Paradox is something different as its a nice open map but you're not missing much if you haven't seen the arena as its pretty much the same as one of the remnant rooms that gravity wells lower you into.

Soldato
dear god the voice acting is terrible. Spoke to Doctor Arida and she stays still whilst talking, and sounds like a robot. And the woman who runs the nexus. Oh no your dad is dead and reading from a script with no break in tone or full stop- no emotion I'm a Vulcan lol

Associate
reckon its better to upgrade powers with damage bonuses against armour or shields?

e.g. concussive shot level 6 can either choose + 40% damage against armour OR +40% damage against shields.

Im unsure which will become more advantageous throughout the game.

Associate
OP
reckon its better to upgrade powers with damage bonuses against armour or shields?

e.g. concussive shot level 6 can either choose + 40% damage against armour OR +40% damage against shields.

Im unsure which will become more advantageous throughout the game.

I always opt for Armour to help during higher rate enemy fights:)

Andromeda has really split opinion, but I really enjoyed the game even though I agree with a lot of the critical opinions, the first patch really helped and I think there's another due.

As with DA:I the open worlds were a blessing and a curse and I think the lack of urgency or peril was a little jarring coming from the original threat in ME1,2,3 always aware the threat from the reapers was increasing.

Lots of threads have been left without answers ie: who bumped off Garson!!!:eek: who is the Benefactor??? etc hopefully the answers will come in the form of D.L.C.

Over the past four months I replayed the original trilogy and then Andromeda, enjoying the little additions which linked us back to the Milky Way.

I think the ground work is there but hope a sequel will not be put in jeopardy by holding too much back:(

Andromeda is a stunning visual experience but feels as if it needed some more time to polish that and translate it to a whole one. As a fan I loved it regardless but I know others will not be forgiving:(:)

Soldato
Finally got This. About 2 hours in. Meh, it is ok. Not sold on the combat.

Main character is poor, but that is what I expected after Dragon Age inquisition tbh.

Choosing some of the dialogue hints I just find it rather sad. In Bioware games of old(Dragon Age Origins, kotor for example) you had a wide variety of options so you could craft a character ad you wished. All of the 'options' are the same now, when you even get an option.

Soldato
I'm exploring an ancient alien facility that nobody has ever been in before. How come there are boxes that refill my ammo laying around everywhere?

Your omni-tool - the thing on your arm - uses minerals, etc to make ammo for your weapons apparently, so that's what is really in the boxes.

It's mentioned somewhere in-game, but I can't remember where exactly.

Back
Top Bottom