***Max Payne 3***

Caporegime
OP
I wouldn't bother with the multiplayer for a while, all the major games suffer lag and various bugs until a couple of months afterward when the majority of things have been ironed out. Plus one of the biggest draws of Max Payne is the narrative. :)

Caporegime
OP
I'm in the Favela, really enjoying it so far, think I'll attempt it on the hardest difficulty on my second playthrough, though there are some parts on medium which I've had to replay at least 3 or 4 times. Turned off the automatic aiming as it felt like I was using an aimbot with perfect hedshots every time. :D

Caporegime
OP
I think you have to finish on hard to unlock hardcore and old school.

I finished it on Hard first time but it was rage inducing in parts, with my controller barely making it out alive.

Hmm... I might not have the patience for that. There's only been one part where I've felt a bit cheated though.
When you're trying to get the computer geek to the server room and loads of those guys drop down through the ceiling.
I died about 5 times in a row, raged, then managed it on the next attempt really easily.

I don't fancy the Payne of anything harder... :p

Oh you! :D :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Don't want to quote the spoiler ^^^ but yeah I was raging on that bit, turned my xbox off for a bit, went back on and did it straight away lol

Hah yeah, I was just dying over and over, I tried going to different ends of the room but the enemies don't hang about, they'll just come at you from two different directions and then you have one of them throwing grenades at you trying to flush you out, super tough. :mad:

Took me about 2 hours to finally do it. Those who've finished it will know what I mean and on hard with free aim its like being rogered with a cactus...probably. :o

I'm so glad you added that word. :D

Caporegime
OP
I'm also near the end, the explosions shaking the screen are more than annoying, then to top it off one of those dudes with the machine gun and the body armour shows up. Of course I have almost no ammo and no painkillers, old skool gaming at it's best and most frustrating. :p

Caporegime
OP
Pretty much like an english man walking into a scottish pub :p

:D

In places the single player is very much trial and error, or so it seems. There've been a few occasions where I've died 5 or 6 times only to find a hidden room or piece of cover which I missed every other time though, so maybe it's just me.

Haven't even touched the MP yet. Still trying to finish the final chapter. :mad:

Caporegime
OP
Aaaargh! This game is broken is some ways.
I'm on the last level and got quite far into it and died. The game then restarted me without a weapon in my hand and I couldn't select a weapn either. Got killed and it did it again. Decided to restart the checkpoint myself to see it worked. Guess what? It didn't! So i've had to start the entire level again :mad:

Sucks to be you! :(

I only found out yesterday that you can toggle the attachments on a weapon, that you can roll in any direction by double tapping A/X and that you have a melee attack! :o

Caporegime
OP
Just completed this. Such a good game. Now to give the mp a go :)

I completed it yesterday evening, I'm going to tidy up some of the single player trophies before I move onto the multiplayer though. I wish there were more unlockable skins, it'd be awesome if you could play the whole game using the character model from the flashbacks.

Caporegime
OP
I only remember using a scoped weapon on three occasions, the first was in the football stadium, the second was in the Favela when I picked up a random scoped rifle and the third was near the top of the derelict hotel. Can't even remember seeing any other scoped guns in the game.

Caporegime
OP
Finally got this finished. After my initial hatred I quite enjoyed it. Although it made me proper rage on quite a few occasions. I don't think it deserved all the hype though. The story was good but gameplay was repetitive.

That part at the very end of the game is super annoying, no? :p

HERE'S A HUNDRED ENEMIES.

Back
Top Bottom