Max's Training Log - 1 Year On

Before the next chapter of this log begins (5/3/1 and CBL) I just realised it's been 2 years now since I started doing this.

Here's a new comparison photo :o

Onwards and upwards, will update on Sunday morning :D

Tomorrow it begins:

I've also completed the CBL prep phase, started off @ 89.4kg and finished @ 88.8kg for reference.

My 1RMs I'm using are:

Bench: 90kg
Squat: 110kg
Deadlift: 140kg
OHP: 55kg

Structure is as follows:

Sunday: Bench
Monday: Squat
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Deadlift
Friday: OHP
Saturday: Rest

Backloading will be done after training days, ~175g backloads, 2500calories a day, <30g carbs on rest days.

Not expecting magic tomorrow on the bench as I'm still on low carbs but wish me luck, I will update it each week with the weeks progress :D

Might as well update this now:

Cycle 1 - Week 1 - Day 1

Bench:

55*5
60*5
70*14

Assistance Work:

Dips 5x15
Curlzz 5x15
Pulldowns 5x15

Playing the assistance work by ear at the moment, focusing on the main lift.

Cycle 1 - Week 1 - Day 2

Squat:

65*5
75*5
85*12

Assistance Work:

Split Squat (hngggg) 5x15
Leg Press 5x15
Leg Extension 5x15

Quads were on fire after this :eek:

Cycle 1 - Week 1 - Day 3

Deads:

85*5
100*5
115*12

Assistance Work:

Pulls Ups 5x5
DB Rows 5x15
Lat Pull Down 5x15

That last set of deadlifts was killer!

Cycle 1 - Week 1 - Day 4

OHP:

35*5
40*5
45*10

Assistance Work:

DB Shoulder Press 5x15
Facepulls 5x15
Side/Front Raises 5x15

Not the greatest session, still not found a shoulder exercise I totally get on with, any recommendations?

Cycle 1 - Week 2 - Day 1

Bench:

55*3
65*3
75*11

Assistance Work:

Dips 5x15
Skullcrushers 5x15
Standing curls 5x15

Pretty chuffed with the 11 reps on 75kg :cool:

Cycle 1 - Week 1 - Day 4

OHP:

35*5
40*5
45*10

Assistance Work:

DB Shoulder Press 5x15
Facepulls 5x15
Side/Front Raises 5x15

Not the greatest session, still not found a shoulder exercise I totally get on with, any recommendations?

Klokov pressssss! Also what's your grip like on OHP? IceCreamFitness had a vid the other day talking about grip width and reg. vs. clean/suicide grip and how it relates to bar path etc.

Popping your lats I've found to help for OHP as it removes a little of the end range of motion and I find allows for more emphasis on delts and less on triceps.

Seated DB Press focusing on pivoting from the shoulders feelsgoodman.jpeg too.

Klokov pressssss! Also what's your grip like on OHP? IceCreamFitness had a vid the other day talking about grip width and reg. vs. clean/suicide grip and how it relates to bar path etc.

Another one for the Klokov press: remarkably unpleasant (humbling) lift.

I would start light, however, as it's quite a different experience to the 'normal' OHP... you'll have to make sure your pecs are nice and loose, too.

Watched the IceCreamFitness video, my grip seems to be along the lines of what he's indicating which is good.

Will definitely try the klokov press :cool:

Klokov Press looks pretty joocey.

Just be conscious of shoulder health. Certain variants of presses don't actually offer any more recruitment or activation but can compromise the joints. Generally though most of us here are wise enough to know when this is the case :)

Just gone through the whole thread - very inspiring.

I read your comments you make about skin and marks etc but seriously don't spend any time worrying about it, there are a lot of people out there that would love to have the discipline and results that you've had. There is always going to be something about ourselves we'd want to change but just enjoy the results of your hard work.

I'm 2 1/2 years away from the gym and I'm putting off going back as I feel I'm now starting from scratch (I couldn't afford gym membership after wife gave up work during pregnancy and have had a lot of niggly back issues which all stem from not going to the gym).

Thank you for the encouragement to get back to the gym - going to get back in contact with my old trainer.

Back
Top Bottom