• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Melted CableMod 4090 90 degree adapter

Associate
OP
Just to update the thread, I've had a response from CableMod today, who have told me to contact Asus and if they refuse RMA then they will cover the cost of any repairs for the 4090 themselves.
Very helpful and it's good to know if Asus try to wriggle out of a warranty claim then CableMod have your back, can't fault them really.
Will update the thread once I've heard back from Asus

Soldato
Just to update the thread, I've had a response from CableMod today, who have told me to contact Asus and if they refuse RMA then they will cover the cost of any repairs for the 4090 themselves.
Very helpful and it's good to know if Asus try to wriggle out of a warranty claim then CableMod have your back, can't fault them really.
Will update the thread once I've heard back from Asus

Thats good to know that cablemod is taking responsibility, quite thankful that i don't need an adapter and have the updated connector.

Associate
Been using a cablemod 180 deg adapter with my asus 4090 tuff, as of last night after reading this i am not using it again.
Only bought it so i could put my side panel on :rolleyes:....
Hopefully seasonic will bring out a 90 deg cable, till then no side panel.

Caporegime
Been using a cablemod 180 deg adapter with my asus 4090 tuff, as of last night after reading this i am not using it again.
Only bought it so i could put my side panel on :rolleyes:....
Hopefully seasonic will bring out a 90 deg cable, till then no side panel.
Yup, a small price for peace of mind.

Last edited:
Associate
Yup, a small price for peace of mind.
Defo 100%, i've sent cablemod a ticket asking for a full refund as i don't trust it and siad it was black screening :D
Going to try to rma the 4090 while i am at it, as it has bad coil whine.
But think i've left it to late as its 8 months since purchased it, as i was working away till April.

Associate
OP
Well had my first response from Asus this morning and it was exactly as I expected, they've said its a Customer induced case and I will be unable to RMA the card, so basically I've got to send it to a 3rd party for repairs and luckily CableMod are going to reimburse me the costs including shipping once it's finished.

Very poor from Asus, but again I think all the AIB companies would probably do the same. I'll be thinking long and hard before I ever buy a Nvidia GPU again, spent the best part of 2 grand on a GPU with a supposed 3 year warranty and now I'm left with this, Crazy

Associate
Well had my first response from Asus this morning and it was exactly as I expected, they've said its a Customer induced case and I will be unable to RMA the card, so basically I've got to send it to a 3rd party for repairs and luckily CableMod are going to reimburse me the costs including shipping once it's finished.

Very poor from Asus, but again I think all the AIB companies would probably do the same. I'll be thinking long and hard before I ever buy a Nvidia GPU again, spent the best part of 2 grand on a GPU with a supposed 3 year warranty and now I'm left with this, Crazy
Wow, sorry to here that. Did you say you had used the cablemod adapter to asus?

Back
Top Bottom