Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
Sorry yes! Tanned Nappa with Metal Mesh Trim :rolleyes:

We stuck with Artico in the new Merc, after having the leather for two years in the other vehicle, it didn't wear as well as expected with significant daily use sadly. Mercedes said that it requires "respectful resting, and maintenance" to keep it looking it's best.

Soldato
Well my brother inlaw put down a deposit on an E class 220d se today. Quite a nice car, I didn’t drive it but was sat in the rear and I couldn’t tell it was diesel from inside and it had quite a lot of go in it. No crashing over bumps but then it is an se.

All in all I was quite impressed. Looked at some of the other cars they had in the showroom, they started up a c43 and it sounded fantastic, wish they had had a c63 as that must be nuts.

Soldato
Decided after not even a year, I’m not a fan of BMWs, so chopped in my 15 plate 640d M Sport Gran Coupe for a 17 plate Mercedes E43 AMG. Its nice moving back to petrol, although you certainly notice the extra thirst. :D Haven’t taken any pictures yet as it’s been chucking it down all day, but am very pleased with it.

12k miles, Selenite grey metallic, nappa leather, 20” wheels, with Premium plus pack, night pack, memory pack, mirror pack, HUD, Intelligent high performance LED headlights, air balance.......

Last edited:

daz

daz

Soldato
I've been very pleased with the engine in my GLC 43 - I was prepared for AMG-lite but it's got a really nice tone and the presumably engineered in pops and bangs are a nice touch as well. Averaged 20.1 MPG over the first 2000 miles though. :D

Soldato
I've been very pleased with the engine in my GLC 43 - I was prepared for AMG-lite but it's got a really nice tone and the presumably engineered in pops and bangs are a nice touch as well. Averaged 20.1 MPG over the first 2000 miles though. :D

Haha enjoying putting your foot down, it does make a nice noise. Only problem is that the car makes you want to drive round like a hooligan.

Some dealer potato cam pics until the weather picks up so I can take some myself

8AD35AD1-0544-40DA-9419-8137697E2A89_zpsuxvwr973.jpeg

7BB79007-3895-48F3-A241-5045A51B6ECC_zpsngycpazw.jpeg

1E6388BB-1218-456A-A8AB-9B7228A27C68_zpsj4cvrway.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato

If it's any consolation, I have a GLC 350d as a longish term courtesy car at the moment and round town I average 25-26mpg, on an 80mile motorway run commute I can just achieve mid 30s with combined 27-30 mpg overall. The absolute best MPG combined I have managed is 31 over 120 miles.

Considering the performance from the GLC43 in comparison the fuel economy isn't relatively that poor.

Compared to my 67plate E220d which does high 50s to low 60s on a run and absolute worse case mid 40s round town but typically still high 40s to mid 50s.

@Bear, very nice and that is the car I would have aa a daily if I didn't do my commuting.

Associate
Haha enjoying putting your foot down, it does make a nice noise. Only problem is that the car makes you want to drive round like a hooligan.

Some dealer potato cam pics until the weather picks up so I can take some myself

Great looking car with a great spec. Am I right in thinking the only black interior is the one with all the red accents? Really not a fan of those... Does yours have the HUD?

Enjoy it and please post more pictures and your views on it!

Soldato

Be a rare beast soon those E43's now they've discontinued them, not quite sure if the E53 is actually better but it's more expensive. Enjoy the new vehicle!
We are waiting on the new EQ range, or going with another manufacturer if they don't appear in 2019.

Soldato
Great looking car with a great spec. Am I right in thinking the only black interior is the one with all the red accents? Really not a fan of those... Does yours have the HUD?

Enjoy it and please post more pictures and your views on it!

Thanks. I think you are correct, the black interior has red accents with red seat belts which you can change to black ones if you wish, I’m with you on that one it’s not my thing either. Yes it has the HUD, it was one of the things I really liked on the 640d so wanted it in my next car.

Soldato
Be a rare beast soon those E43's now they've discontinued them, not quite sure if the E53 is actually better but it's more expensive. Enjoy the new vehicle!
We are waiting on the new EQ range, or going with another manufacturer if they don't appear in 2019.

Thanks. From what I can gather, the E53 will change engine from the usual 400bhp 3l v6 to a 435bhp 3l straight 6 which has some electric compressor and hybrid drive of some sort which accounts for the extra cost

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom