Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes coming to PC!?

Downloaded it before work today and that was a bad idea, ended up playing for half a hour....

Anyway, it looks great, playing on a i5 2400, GTX 970 and 8GB of RAM. I actually play on a 1680x1050 display, and have bumped it up to 2x DSR settings and its still running at the 60FPS on highest settings. Really wish I had a better screen to take this all in better...

However, I sometimes wish the depth of field effects were somehow 'smarter'. Sometimes I actually want to look at Snake when he is pressed up against walls or crouching...

I can imagine Phantom Pain is going to look even better than this though, can't wait. But I think I will stop playing this now, I haven't played the PSP games and want to experience this properly.

Really impressed with the port, other than the graphics options menu.

Phantom Pain is going to be ****ing awesome!

Also, I hope the improve the cover mechanic before PP as well, as it is a bit awkward.

Hi, i have a AMD 8350 @ 4.4ghz and R290 MSI gaming @ gpu 1070 mhz and ram 1350mhz , 8gb ram

running at 1080p , with everything at extra high, when looking at open areas the fps drops to 41, when looking at smaller areas its at 60fps, at 41fps doesn't feel smooth at all,

when i set everything to high it plays 60fps always and very smooth, i tried setting screen filtering to high and low and SAO to High to off, and everything else at extra high it still not smooth and drops FPS, so i just have everything on high and works perfectly 60fps at all times,

guess hoping AMD release some new drivers, and is there really any difference in quality from high and extra high ?

Thanks

Hi, i have a AMD 8350 @ 4.4ghz and R290 MSI gaming @ gpu 1070 mhz and ram 1350mhz , 8gb ram

running at 1080p , with everything at extra high, when looking at open areas the fps drops to 41, when looking at smaller areas its at 60fps, at 41fps doesn't feel smooth at all,

when i set everything to high it plays 60fps always and very smooth, i tried setting screen filtering to high and low and SAO to High to off, and everything else at extra high it still not smooth and drops FPS, so i just have everything on high and works perfectly 60fps at all times,

guess hoping AMD release some new drivers, and is there really any difference in quality from high and extra high ?

Thanks

I also use msi 290 but with i7 2600k @4.4 and 16gb 1600mhz ram @1080p.

My game runs mostly locked at the 60fps on max settings.

The game really is brilliant, but playing the daytime bits... Yeah, the textures look really poor. I hope they improve the PC version for Phantom Pain! And give us more control in the options menu.

The game really is brilliant, but playing the daytime bits... Yeah, the textures look really poor. I hope they improve the PC version for Phantom Pain! And give us more control in the options menu.

I honestly don't get why they released Ground Zeros at all. It's a demo for a game that was/is years from release. It's a demo you have to pay for... and it's not cheap.

I guess I'm just not a fan of episodic content. I like to have it all available from the start and be able to blow through it from start to finish in a couple days continuous play.

I honestly don't get why they released Ground Zeros at all. It's a demo for a game that was/is years from release. It's a demo you have to pay for... and it's not cheap.

I guess I'm just not a fan of episodic content. I like to have it all available from the start and be able to blow through it from start to finish in a couple days continuous play.

It's a cash grab, nothing more, nothing less. Hope this doesn't catch on

Oh I said the same in the console thread when I first played it. I really hope it doesn't catch on....it is a poor show. We didn't have to pay for the Tanker mission in MGS2, or the Virtuous Mission in Snake Eater.

It is an incredible game though.

Polyphony Digital did the same sort of thing with the Gran Turismo prologue on PS3 (must be a Japanese thing?) then GT5 finally came out and it was a disappointment, I hope Phantom Pain does not suffer the same fate.

Just read a review for this and it sounds great but I've never heard of it before. I've been looking for good stealth gameplay since Deus Ex:HR, but not much can come close to that. The review said this game has great stealth play, is that right?

Just read a review for this and it sounds great but I've never heard of it before. I've been looking for good stealth gameplay since Deus Ex:HR, but not much can come close to that. The review said this game has great stealth play, is that right?

It's excellent, although I miss some of the features that the older games had, there really are no contenders in the stealth genre. This one is not a large game (basically just a prologue to the phantom pain) but there's a lot of re-playability in it.

Back
Top Bottom