Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes coming to PC!?

Only played a for a few minutes but this really puts the Ps4 version to shame.

Maxed out it looks very nice, miles better than what I remember. I was getting around 50fps when in the middle of the base, pretty much 60fps everywhere else, I checked the nvidia settings a few minutes ago and the new update had disabled my SLI, so there's hopefully even more of a performance boost coming for me later.

360 controller support straight from the start with no messing about, I'd bought the Ps4 for titles like this in the future but this has impressed me quite a bit....

The Fox game engine supports 21:9 in Castlevania Lords Of Shadows1 but not 2 so its hit or miss if it supports 21:9.

I think I will wait for confirmation before buying as fed up of all these recent PC games ignoring 21:9 yet many older games have native 21:9 :(

Okay so 21:9... The game has no native 21:9 support so at 3440x1440 the view crops in as opposed to what other games do and stretch 16:9 to 21:9. This is fine in some respects but not others as some text and HUD hints are cropped off frame lol but at least stuff isn't stretched...

Will wait for a patch before playing further.

Game runs smooth and flawless, lighting detail and post processing is great. Noticed some reticle glitching which you can see in the video I am about to upload to Youtube (native 3440x1440, 60fps).

Played a bit on Extra High everything, got solid 45+ fps with VSync on. No apparent mouse lag either which is neat. I connected my wireless 360 pad and sat it behind my back in the little recess on my chair because rumbles and explosions give a sort of faux force feedback lollll :D

The KB and mouse controls are definitely not suited to PC, you can tell the weapon and game UI is geared toward a gamepad. KB and mouse works though, it's just a bit of a faff holding 1 then pressing Y or Q etc to switch weapon attributes and whatnot.

My spec:
3770K @ 4.5GHz
GTX 980
16GB 2100MHz RAM

The game barely used 2GB of system RAM and all 8 cores were utilised but they all fluctuated up to around 50% at various times. Well optimised for sure. My GFX card's TwinFrozr V fans barely even spun up :p

Last edited:

"With the unrestricted power of the PC, Kojima Productions is finally able to show the world Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes as originally intended. More detail, better lighting, richer shadows, longer draw distances, and improved cinematic effects expose Ground Zeroes' detail as originally designed, coming together to create the most graphically advanced and immersive Metal Gear seen to date"

PC gaming :D

I'm gonna shock you all by confirming that this looks better than the PS3 version I played!

The lighting is great, but the texture work is still pretty poor tbh.

On a slightly related note, why on Earth has every developer forgotten how to do graphics options?....Effects detail. What the hell is that? Be Specific!! There isn't even a description of the settings.

This is some port. Spec is in my Sig and I have everything turned up at 1920x1200. It's running at at least 30fps though I haven't checked with fraps yet. Impressive considering an I7 860 is 6 years old...

Okay, it's a £200 graphics card (R9 290), but I built the rest of this PC in August 2010. Well happy :D

Yeah you gotta pretty beast graphics card there as you admit so I'm not surprised it runs well.

I really think that even if you had the latest CPU it would not be a big difference as once you have a Nehalem i5/7 at a decent OC there usually isn't too much variance in fps unlike with GPUs.

The game may be short with just a single 'campaign' mission and map, but the extra missions in addition to the ranking system and hard mode add value for completionists. IMO, it's worth picking up for the current sale price if you've ever really enjoyed an MGS game.

Some of the more intentionally realistic textures (and the foliage) may be a bit underwhelming, but in stylized game like this I don't really care much (i.e. some textures are unrealistic by design). I'm not big on staring at grass and rocks in games anyway :p.
The lighting does look fantastic, especially at day time... feel like I can almost breathe the air. Great port too, runs surprisingly smooth on my now quite modest machine while at mostly high settings.

I'm looking forward to seeing how The Phantom Pain turns out.

Just bought it hopefully someone fixes 21:9 support....its actually a lot more than 2 hours gameplay has around 4 missions each taking part at different times of day so the gfx change drastically I reckon at least 6-7 hours gampelay & 50 hours to max it all out for the rewards ;)

After you complete the first mission after the end credits you get another and so on .....;)

I went and bought it for the £11 can't really argue.. On the highest settings at 1080p and single 290 @977/1250 and i7 2600k @4.4 the game avg around 50-55fps that's unreal seeing how good it looks.

Very happy with performance.

21:9 is essential the game does not need much to support it as the aspect ratio scales the correct FOV based on resolution + fullscreen,window,windowed borderless so it will just take a skilled modder to find the memory addresses to alter the camera focus to pull away a little from the action as the game already supports the correct FOV.

The developer could have provided a virtual camera slider for this its a little lazy of them actually!

Back
Top Bottom