Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes coming to PC!?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Looks like it's stellar: http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/p...-report-metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-r168

Some things to note about the minimum and recommended specs; first is that a quad core is recommended even at the lowest level. This is because the game is brilliantly multi-threaded using my 8 cores almost perfectly evenly. This works out for everyone, for Intel users with their higher performance quadcores and AMD users with their lower performance hexa/octocores.
Secondly, DirectX11 is required. While there are no features like tessellation or HDAO (at least not specified in the options menu), this may mean some people might not be able to play MGS straight off the bat and will need to upgrade. Make sure your card is compatible before purchasing the game to avoid disappointment.
Thirdly, the 4GB VRAM requirement on the minimum is almost definitely a mistake on their behalf. During my tests, just over 2GB VRAM was being used at the highest settings at 4k. On top of that, the memory usage of the game hovered very closely to an incredibly lean 1GB of RAM, so 4GB should be totally fine.

Well that's me buying this I suppose!

Associate
Not full game more like a Demo with a fancy name..

Fed up with reading that. Numerous people report that this holds it's own as a standalone game, even though it's just over 2 hours on a first play through.

I quite happily pay £11 to see a 90 minute film at the cinema. £11 for 2 hours of Metal Gear is value in my eyes.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Guys check the link I posted earlier... That guy did the testing and it boils down to Kojima's folks most likely mislabelling that spec, the game uses nowhere near that 4GB.

Soldato
The game is very short, I have it on PS4 and played it to death. It's still very good and will appeal to fans of the series. Newcomers might moan it's very short but that's the point, it's a taster to the phantom pain later next year.

Expect the whackiness of Kojima's story telling mixed in with the tactical espionage gameplay. It's a great little game to max out by completing all the objectives/achievements but don't expect lots and lots of content from what is essentially a polished tech demo / prequel type thing. For £11 quid it's not going to break the bank.

EDIT: I'm such an MGS geek I doubled dipped with Ground Zeroes on PS4. I have the English spoken Keifer Sutherland version and the import Japanese spoken with English subtitles version.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fed up with reading that. Numerous people report that this holds it's own as a standalone game, even though it's just over 2 hours on a first play through.

I quite happily pay £11 to see a 90 minute film at the cinema. £11 for 2 hours of Metal Gear is value in my eyes.

You can complete it in 10mins, its a demo either way you look at it..

Associate
You can complete it in 10mins, its a demo either way you look at it..

The person that completed it in 10 minutes was intentionally doing a speed run after playing the game a number of times through :rolleyes:

Clearly they were doing that to demonstrate that the game is "too short". If you master super mario, you can speed run that in 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys check the link I posted earlier... That guy did the testing and it boils down to Kojima's folks most likely mislabelling that spec, the game uses nowhere near that 4GB.
How about 21:9 support mate is it native?

Soldato
mrk iv heard its not working properly on 21:9 yet it zooms in.
Think ill wait till that's fixed first before I give this a try.

Associate
This is some port. Spec is in my Sig and I have everything turned up at 1920x1200. It's running at at least 30fps though I haven't checked with fraps yet. Impressive considering an I7 860 is 6 years old...

Edit: With all graphics settings as high as they will go at 1920x1200, I am seeing 41 FPS minimum, 50 FPS average. If I knock lighting down to just High (not Ultra) I get a minimum of 50 FPS, but regularly see 60. If I knock shadows AND lighting down to just High, it's sitting at 60 all the time.

Okay, it's a £200 graphics card (R9 290), but I built the rest of this PC in August 2010. Well happy :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom