Michael Schumacher 'Hurt In Skiing Accident'

Could some mod close this thread please.

Was originally about MS skiing accident, but has gradually taken a different track.

Apologies if the thread de-railed from its original purpose. Instead of petty arguments and people picking holes in each other's replies, I thought it'd be useful to help those with little knowledge of F1 because they asked to know more and at least then we had a sensible discussion :)

Dimple - the lead car doesn't have DRS to use, only the trailing car.

For example: Vettel leads Raikkonen by 1.1 seconds, who leads Webber by 0.8 at the end of lap 5 and the DRS zone is the main straight. Webber can use DRS to close to Raikkonen, but Raikkonen is more than a second behind Vettel so he cannot use it. He can apply KERS in an attempt to defend but Webber may have some of his left to gain an even bigger boost. If at the end of lap 6, Raikkonen is within a second of Vettel then he too can use DRS, negating Webber's use and allowing both drivers to rapidly close on the leader.

Drivers also get DRS if they're lapping a slower car and they're less than a second behind them at the activation point. It doesn't recognise race position, it's just a timing beam effectively.

Last edited:
Apologies if the thread de-railed from its original purpose. Instead of petty arguments and people picking holes in each other's replies, I thought it'd be useful to help those with little knowledge of F1 because they asked to know more and at least then we had a sensible discussion :)

If anyone wants to ask questions or learn a bit more about F1 then you could start a Q&A thread in the Motorsport forum? Theres plenty of us motorsport fans lurking about with little to talk about at the moment while we wait for testing to start :).

As for Schumacher, it sounds like no progress is good news as the moment, at least.

Stable = still alive... pretty much.

I would guess that they won't know the full extent of the damage until he is brought to consciousness.

I used to always play as Barrichello just so I could be on the same team as Schumacher and still beat him! :P

Hope he pulls through, excellent driver in his prime, Vettol always reminds me of how he used to drive minus some of the dirty tricks mentioned before! :D

Stable basically mains condition unchanged.
So stable but critical, means his brain is still bruised, they have him in a coma until the body starts the healing process, and they are going to keep him that way until swelling subsides.
Then they will consider options.
Induced coma, means a machine is breathing for him, so barring infections he is 'stable'.

The slight improvements they speak of likely relates to the swelling subsiding to some degree.
Rather than any action by Michael.
The man is in trouble, anyone with such an injury is, only time will tell how much.

..Vettol always reminds me of how he used to drive minus some of the dirty tricks mentioned before! :D

When MSc had a car which was faster than the rest, he didnt pull the dirty tricks. The tricks were only used when he didnt have the fastest car.

Vettel has been lucky that he has generally had the fastest car on the track for the last 4.5 years. Once he gets in a slower car, my belief is that he will drive dirtier than MSc ever drove. Vettel's will to win is insatiable and it is this will to win, which will force him into committing some dirty tricks.

We already saw last year, when he dis-obeyed team-orders and overtook his team-mate AFTER it was agreed he would not. Webber was in cruise mode, then out of nowhere, Vettel overtook him.

I think even MSc or Senna wouldn't make an agreement, then renege on it, like Vettel did.

Webber was the only guy who had a car which could compete with Vettel's and this was the result. Now imagine if other teams also built a car which was as good or better than Vettel's. Think what will happen?

Back
Top Bottom