Michael Schumacher 'Hurt In Skiing Accident'

Caporegime
I presume that he could be kept like this for months?

they do it because it reduces the blood flow to the brain and reduces the size of the blood vessels in the brain.

apparently its a good way to prevent brain damage well further brain damage.

I guess he will be kept that way whilst the swelling goes down and the brain tries to repair itself or whatever

Ariel Sharon has been in a coma since 2006 :eek:

but is that medically induced?

Caporegime
He suffered a massive stroke which left him in a vegetative state and he's been connected to a respirator to keep him going.

quite different then, I'd imagine they will wake michael up once his brain no longer needs the protection an artificial coma gives which could be weeks, months or possibly never if his brain is not recovering

Caporegime
Geez, even best case scenario, it sounds to me that there will be extensive rehab involved.

He's not going to jump out of bed two months later and get back to where he was.

I never said he would? I just don't expect them to wake him any time soon

Caporegime
false hope.

everytime the thread is bumped we are hoping for good news.

instead people discussing F1 regulations and rule changes which there is already an appropriate forum for as you likely already knew before I linked it here.

I would suspect you of borderline trolling if you didn't have the "man of honour tag"

Man of Honour
false hope.

everytime the thread is bumped we are hoping for good news.

instead people discussing F1 regulations and rule changes which there is already an appropriate forum for as you likely already knew before I linked it here.

I would suspect you of borderline trolling if you didn't have the "man of honour tag"

Definitely not trolling but it's a sport I know zero about and I find Sports Arena worse than GD.
Don't worry, I won't spoil your thread again.

V F

V F

Soldato
Definitely not trolling but it's a sport I know zero about and I find Sports Arena worse than GD.
Don't worry, I won't spoil your thread again.

Heh, it's ok. That area will be worse tonight after what just happened.

Back
Top Bottom