Military coup in Turkey?

Soldato
theres something that makes me wow at the chopper opening up. We've all seen it in war, but when it's in a city and civilians running around, there's a very different feeling to it.

Noam Chomsky talked at length about the power of the apache gunships sold to the Israelis. How those gunships could level a town with the cover of night in a way that tanks never could.

Caporegime
17 police officers killed so far, but guess that's OK and some are happy as long as they get to see the back of the elected leader right ....

You're not really making much sense, who is happy about that exactly? Whether pro or anti Ergogan I don't think anyone wants to see deaths of civilians.

Soldato
theres something that makes me wow at the chopper opening up. We've all seen it in war, but when it's in a city and civilians running around, there's a very different feeling to it.

Life imitates art?
bf4.jpg

Soldato
Surreal isn't it.

That first video of the chopper opening up a few miles distant, while some kid just swings back and forward on a swing set, completely oblivious. Utterly surreal, one of the most contrasting things I've ever seen.

Caporegime
Then why were you saying it in such a simplistic manner as if they were the same?

I wasn't, you're just making assumptions and then attacking your own assumptions.

Free press and demonstrations are rather useful though if we actually place much value in democracy.

Soldato
Al Jazeera showing civilians forcing the military back in Taksim Square.

The soldiers are firing into the sky in futility whilst backing away.

Back
Top Bottom