Military coup in Turkey?

At least we have some new modern war film material.

Synopsis: During a Navy SEAL training event,A military coup attempt takes place in modern day Turkey. Sergeant Rory Gunner (Channing Tatum) is on the ground as the clock ticks down. Can he restore order and prevent the breakout of World War 3 before it's too late?

Two dictators a sea apart is relatively dangerous, Either Putin or Erdogan might go after one another to 'validate' themselves.

Le sigh... We need to rid ourselves of Turkey's NATO status, but NATO cant possibly "weaken itself" even if a member is a total waste of time and is already weakening the security of Europe regardless.

EU commissioner said today that it appears the Erdogan government had arrest lists drawn up before hand and were just waiting for a moment to use them.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-eu-hahn-idUSKCN0ZY0EA

Starting to wonder if a war with Turkey would save the EU from collapse. Merkel and co want to let in cheap Turkish labour anyway, might as well kill two birds with one stone.

EU commissioner said today that it appears the Erdogan government had arrest lists drawn up before hand and were just waiting for a moment to use them.

Starting to wonder if a war with Turkey would save the EU from collapse. Merkel and co want to let in cheap Turkish labour anyway, might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Some claims as well that about an hour before it kicked off bus loads of men were turning up near some of the military bases - then its portrayed in the press that hero "local" people noticed "suspicious" activity at the bases and got together to force their way onto the bases and "arrest" plotters while on twitter, etc. the locals are saying (a) wasn't us (b) the people who did it were waiting for it to kick off.

At least we have some new modern war film material.

Synopsis: During a Navy SEAL training event,A military coup attempt takes place in modern day Turkey. Sergeant Rory Gunner (Channing Tatum) is on the ground as the clock ticks down. Can he restore order and prevent the breakout of World War 3 before it's too late?

He'll just do what he always does, and Channing all over their Tatums.

Why are MSM still going along with the fact that this is a coup?

It seems rather clear that it is the work of the dictator Erdogan, i just do not understand how the MSM especially the BBC are mainly reporting it as a coup against democracy, when a lot of us on here and out there see that this is not the case.

The amount of people arrested, beaten up and sacked etc etc smells of what a dictator would do.

Being a reporter in Turkey can be a death warrant.

I still firmly believe the two western reporters killed a year or so ago were killed by Turkish intelligence because they uncovered strong connections with ISIS.

Amazing how quiet the media has been on that since despite evidence being recovered almost daily in recaptured parts of Syria. Anyone would think they have an agenda lol

Two F-16s intercepted Erdogan's jet but didn't open fire on the day of the coup.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-plot-insight-idUKKCN0ZX0Q9

did wonder how he got away with letting the entire internet know his position, wasn't clear what side the F16s were on and it seems some were on different sides... potentially quite messy. Saved by the pilot claiming it was a passenger plane allegedly.

I think he's likely had contingency plans for a coup attempt for a while... he's already purged parts of the armed forces before this happened. I do wonder how serious he was about joining the EU or if part of that was just an excuse to implement reforms to the armed forces that benefited him.

Though a coup isn't really a god thing to happen generally a failed coup like this is also a bit of a disaster, he's potentially going to turn Turkey into a cross between Pakistan and Russia and full of the sort of corruption and stifled economic growth that goes with it. No doubt some posters on here won't see that as a bad thing but in the real world it certainly isn't good.

Last edited:
I must admit, I'm often one of the first to mock the tinfoil hat brigade but this whole thing just stinks.
It's almost like Europe are trying to arrange a deal with the devil.

I must admit, I'm often one of the first to mock the tinfoil hat brigade but this whole thing just stinks.

A conspiracy theorist these days is not what the media makes out (ie lizard people, nessie being an alien). Its more about questioning something that doesn't sound right and doesn't make complete sense. I always view it as what pieces of the puzzle are missing and what caused this who stood to gain and who stood to lose.

Will be following this with interest if the arrest lists turn out to hold substance. Either way something doesn't sit right about the attempted "coup"

While it is anecdotal there are a lot of comments on twitter, etc. from people who claim for instance that bus loads of men who later performed pro-Erdogan actions were already in place before it kicked off.

What I find surprising is that none of the coup F16 pilots tried to head to other countries once it went sideways - in most other events like that you normally see them defecting or seeking asylum, etc. something really does seem off IMO.

Back
Top Bottom