Military coup in Turkey?

But, nothing to see here according to the MSM.

I was watching the Parliament channel earlier and there was talk that he is in the process of arresting opposition party members also.

Why do the mouth foamers keep banging on about "Msm" not talking about these subjects? - I'm typing this message while listening to radio 4 talking about exactly these things?

Why do the mouth foamers keep banging on about "Msm" not talking about these subjects? - I'm typing this message while listening to radio 4 talking about exactly these things?

I am talking about BBC News, Sky News, etc etc, more of the general public watch those rather than listen to Radio 4, which i also listen to but is not exactly MSM is it.

And mouth foamers?

Idiots will troll.

e: Also, foreign news channels like Russia Today or France 24 are reporting it in a lot more depth compared to our media in the UK (BBC News\Sky) which there is hardly anything mentioned.

Last edited:
I am talking about BBC News, Sky News, etc etc, more of the general public watch those rather than listen to Radio 4, which i also listen to but is not exactly MSM is it.

And mouth foamers?

Idiots will troll.

e: Also, foreign news channels like Russia Today or France 24 are reporting it in a lot more depth compared to our media in the UK (BBC News\Sky) which there is hardly anything mentioned.

Most "MSM" report what they think people want to know about. Once the coup attempt was over it drifts down the importance scale. There are only so many events that can be reported. That's not a coverup, it's called life. At the moment we have BREXIT, new government, opposition falling apart, Nice terrorist attack and a multitude of other more local new that people are more interested in.

If this had happened at another time i'm sure the media would have been all over it. As it is it happened at a time of a particularly large number of major news stories. The last month certainly hasn't been "slow news month"!

I would think what is going on in Turkey is pretty much in the top 3 news stories and is probably the most worrying of all those you have listed.

So no, i don't think the BBC and Sky have got better things to do and report on, i think they are ignoring it for now.

And mouth foamers?

Idiots will troll.

Erm R4 is pretty much as mainstream as you can get if you want news and serious in depth discussion in the UK broadcast media.

There is a limited amount of time they can spend on anything so they prioritise newer/bigger/major local stories and tend to keep things short for the specific news broadcasts on non news channels..

Having said that the news channel is now doing a bit about Turkey now.

See this is the problem, you're just making general noises about things that make no sense in reality.

Libor is a benchmark rate for money markets...

So I'll ask again what exactly you're referring to? It seems to me you've pounced on some random banking stories and then declared the 'stock markets are rigged' which is just backing the point I was making in the first place about conspiracy theorists having to join a bunch of dots in a rather convoluted way.

Is Libor a market? If it is (and we both know it is) and Libor was rigged and who knows how many more times small and intrinsic elements have been altered a fraction to make huge sums.

Its not making noises. The markets are rigged or have been and could still be again.

I am not advocating all markets are rigged all the time if that's what you mean of course not. But there are instances when rigging takes place eg deliberately lowering values, insider trading etc.

It's certainly worrying to us, but most people just don't care. Out of sight, out of mind. If it were happening in France or Spain, then it would be all over the news all the time.

Out of interest why do you think it isn't in their interests to report this? If it's not just a reduced priority what is the cause of them not reporting it?

EDIT: To Arazi

Erm R4 is pretty much as mainstream as you can get if you want news and serious in depth discussion in the UK broadcast media.

There is a limited amount of time they can spend on anything so they prioritise newer/bigger/major local stories and tend to keep things short for the specific news broadcasts on non news channels..

Having said that the news channel is now doing a bit about Turkey now.

Again i was talking about the average Joe, most people go directly to BBC news or Sky News, people like you or me don't and others, i know full well what radio 4 is all about and i wasn't ****ging the station off, i even listen to radio 5 a lot.

Oh, BBC news just managed to give 30 seconds of what is really going on in Turkey, they must be reading this thread.

Last edited:
Again i was talking about the average Joe, most people go directly to BBC news or Sky News, people like you or me don't and others, i know full well what radio 4 is all about and i wasn't ****ging the station of, i even listen to radio 5 a lot.

Oh, BBC news just managed to give 30 seconds of what is really going on in Turkey, they must be reading this thread.

BBC news is just plain awful tho.

Apart from their obvious bias, they'd rather do stupid magazine shows, or interview nobodies on the street, than actually provide decent coverage of news-worthy events.

You'd be better off getting your news from Twitter or something.

It's certainly worrying to us, but most people just don't care. Out of sight, out of mind. If it were happening in France or Spain, then it would be all over the news all the time.

Out of interest why do you think it isn't in their interests to report this? If it's not just a reduced priority what is the cause of them not reporting it?

EDIT: To Arazi

Honestly, i don't know, but it was something i noticed again, not reporting what was fully going on, they have done it on other stories recently, not reporting the truth or are very slow at it.

And i disagree about your out of sight out of mind view, Turkey is really popular with the UK, over 2 million holiday there a year, i have been 3 times, fantastic place.

So i would expect a lot of people would take more interest than lets say if it was Turkmenistan.

e: Actually, maybe they don't want to report the fact that Turkey is not far off becoming an Islamic Authoritarian country with another Dictator at the top.

Last edited:
Fairly sure Erdogans thinking behind this is that he's bent to the EU's will for the past 10-15 years and after all that hard work the Eurozone appears to be crumbling and isn't so appealing with member states voting to leave.

So now he's thinking right sod that EU idea. I'll go and do what ive always wanted - run my own traditional Islamic dictatorship and purge the ranks of anyone who remotely supports liberal tolerant western belief systems.

Apart from their obvious bias, they'd rather do stupid magazine shows, or interview nobodies on the street, than actually provide decent coverage of news-worthy events.

I know :)

I am sure the BBC are getting off over the Russian drugs scandal, it is not stop.

I switch between around ten news channels, and notice the obvious difference and biases in reporting between the UK based ones and the foreign, all foreign one's reporting Turkey, UK one's hardly anything.

I mostly look online for news though, it is interesting comparing the different ways each source reports a story, or not.

Fairly sure Erdogans thinking behind this is that he's bent to the EU's will for the past 10-15 years and after all that hard work the Eurozone appears to be crumbling and isn't so appealing with member states voting to leave.

So now he's thinking right sod that EU idea. I'll go and do what ive always wanted - run my own traditional Islamic dictatorship and purge the ranks of anyone who remotely supports liberal tolerant western belief systems.

Yes, i think hes decided **** you EU, and we are now seeing his real plans.

There isn't a news source in the world that does not have a bias
The BBC will have its slant on things, but at least its not the view of a crusty old Australian billionaire, the Qatar royal family, or Putin

The problem here is that people would rather just make up their own facts to fit there own personal biases, and then disregard actual proven journalists

Jeremy Bowen and John Simpson are reason enough to watch / listen / read beeb stuff

- This is the thing I am talking about though - certain individuals just like to moan constantly about the BBC or Obama or whatever in every single thread, never mind the actual subject that maybe its Erdogan thats at fault here? you seem annoyed that the BBC isn't parroting your made up opinion that is based on nothing other than your own imagination? have you considered that maybe they only report on the facts rather than your opinion?

whats also funny is that every time one of these posters mentions how the "MSM" isnt reporting x - someone finds an article or whatever on "MSM" reporting exactly that, only for the excuses to roll in "ah yes but it wasn't the headline" or it was "not on the front page" or "PM on radio 4 only gets millions of listeners every night, its hardly Mainstream..."

Last edited:
Is Libor a market? If it is (and we both know it is) and Libor was rigged and who knows how many more times small and intrinsic elements have been altered a fraction to make huge sums.

Its not making noises. The markets are rigged or have been and could still be again.

I am not advocating all markets are rigged all the time if that's what you mean of course not. But there are instances when rigging takes place eg deliberately lowering values, insider trading etc.

I simply asked what stock market you believe is rigged and what you mean by rigged - so far you've not even been able to explain that... now you've instead decided to talk about LIBOR(nothing to do with any stock market). Your claim now seems to have been backtracked to sometimes insider trading happens... well no **** but that isn't a conspiracy theory, it is well known that insider trading happens on occasion and we've got court cases relating to it. It is a bit of a leap to go from insider trading happens sometimes to 'the stock markets are being rigged' but it does illustrate nicely what I was criticising about conspiracy theorists in the first place so thanks for that :)

Last edited:
I simply asked what stock market you believe is rigged and what you mean by rigged - so far you've not even been able to explain that... now you've instead decided to talk about LIBOR(nothing to do with any stock market). Your claim now seems to have been backtracked to sometimes insider trading happens... well no **** but that isn't a conspiracy theory, it is well known that insider trading happens on occasion and we've got court cases relating to it. It is a bit of a leap to go from insider trading happens sometimes to 'the stock markets are being rigged' but it does illustrate nicely what I was criticising about conspiracy theorists in the first place so thanks for that :)

They just dominated by flashboys innit, Uncle Dowrie :cool:

Back
Top Bottom