Military coup in Turkey?

A conspiracy theorist these days is not what the media makes out (ie lizard people, nessie being an alien). Its more about questioning something that doesn't sound right and doesn't make complete sense.

but then often involves joining other dots in a convoluted way to come up with an 'alternative' that has even less evidence than the thing being questioned in the first place

CT types tend to be very selective with their supposed 'skepticism'

A conspiracy theorist these days is not what the media makes out (ie lizard people, nessie being an alien). Its more about questioning something that doesn't sound right and doesn't make complete sense. I always view it as what pieces of the puzzle are missing and what caused this who stood to gain and who stood to lose.

Will be following this with interest if the arrest lists turn out to hold substance. Either way something doesn't sit right about the attempted "coup"

Same here.

Two dictators a sea apart is relatively dangerous, Either Putin or Erdogan might go after one another to 'validate' themselves.

Le sigh... We need to rid ourselves of Turkey's NATO status, but NATO cant possibly "weaken itself" even if a member is a total waste of time and is already weakening the security of Europe regardless.

Putin is predictable, to an extent so is Erdogan. The one that really worries me would be a President Trump.

From Reddit.

Demand for 1577 University Deans resignation

8000 police officers fired

30 governors fired

9000 in Interior Ministry fired

Over 2000 judges dismissed

3,000,000 civil servants banned from going on holiday

Talks of reenabling the death penalty

1500 Finance Ministry officials suspended

103 generals/admirals detained for questioning

15200 Ministry of Education personnel fired

Several news/media outlets broadcast licenses withdrawn

Turkey's spy agency suspends 100 people

492 state religious personnel removed

From Reddit.

Demand for 1577 University Deans resignation

8000 police officers fired

30 governors fired

9000 in Interior Ministry fired

Over 2000 judges dismissed

3,000,000 civil servants banned from going on holiday

Talks of reenabling the death penalty

1500 Finance Ministry officials suspended

103 generals/admirals detained for questioning

15200 Ministry of Education personnel fired

Several news/media outlets broadcast licenses withdrawn

Turkey's spy agency suspends 100 people

492 state religious personnel removed

But, nothing to see here according to the MSM.

I was watching the Parliament channel earlier and there was talk that he is in the process of arresting opposition party members also.

On behalf of our Gov Sir Alan Duncan is apparently on his way to Ankara for urgent talks tomorrow.

but then often involves joining other dots in a convoluted way to come up with an 'alternative' that has even less evidence than the thing being questioned in the first place

CT types tend to be very selective with their supposed 'skepticism'

Not to me. I give you some examples: A heart attack gun was rubbished as bunkum but then declassified intelligence and committee hearings proved they were used. The stock markets being rigged were a CT but then we know they are now.

These days its more questioning a bigger picture. Dr David Kelly has been my recent lookup in full. Again a CT by the media despite ALL evidence pointing to something more sinister. You could take his death further and say oooo he was found dead in a tree circle which is where mainstream meets those convoluted dots.

Some of the Turkish navy missing (Times):

Fourteen Turkish navy ships remained at sea and unaccounted for last night amid concerns that their commanders may be coup conspirators seeking to defect.

Admiral Veysel Kosele, the commander of the Turkish navy, has been out of contact since Friday night’s botched coup, a source confirmed. It is not known whether he was an instigator of the attempt to oust President Erdogan or is being held hostage by collaborators on the run.

The missing ships were on active duty in either the Aegean or the Black Sea on Friday. Although they are likely to be detectable by radar or satellite, the vessels have failed to return to port. Their failure to make contact with naval headquarters has prompted speculation that some vessels may head to Greek ports. Eight Turkish military officers sought asylum in Greece after flying there by helicopter on Saturday.

I hope the Greeks grant them asylum now.

A lot of reports saying that the lists of people to be arrested were already prepared before the attempt and that Erdogan is using the coup as an excuse to again even more control over the country.

Hopefully now will see an end to them every becoming an EU member.

Hope I'm wrong but have a feeling we'll look back on that coup attempt and wished it had worked. If indeed it wasn't engineered or allowed to occur in order to counter twice as hard, as we're seeing now.

These crackdowns are probably just the start because they are still whipping the populace into a fervour, telling them to stay on the streets to protest. Who in their right mind would protest these crackdowns in the current climate? You'd be shot/lynched as a coup plotter/sympathiser.

It stinks and the international community needs to call it as it is. Can see the true conundrum though because if Turkey descended into a Syria style civil war... well, that will get messy fast. No way outside countries won't get dragged in.

Last edited:
Come on dowie we have libor for one. Google it.

See this is the problem, you're just making general noises about things that make no sense in reality.

Libor is a benchmark rate for money markets...

So I'll ask again what exactly you're referring to? It seems to me you've pounced on some random banking stories and then declared the 'stock markets are rigged' which is just backing the point I was making in the first place about conspiracy theorists having to join a bunch of dots in a rather convoluted way.

Back
Top Bottom