Military coup in Turkey?

There isn't a news source in the world that does not have a bias
The BBC will have its slant on things, but at least its not the view of a crusty old Australian billionaire, the Qatar royal family, or Putin

The problem here is that people would rather just make up their own facts to fit there own personal biases, and then disregard actual proven journalists

Jeremy Bowen and John Simpson are reason enough to watch / listen / read beeb stuff

- This is the thing I am talking about though - certain individuals just like to moan constantly about the BBC or Obama or whatever in every single thread, never mind the actual subject that maybe its Erdogan thats at fault here? you seem annoyed that the BBC isn't parroting your made up opinion that is based on nothing other than your own imagination? have you considered that maybe they only report on the facts rather than your opinion?

I'll take your post as a dig at me to.

Those two are not on BBC news though, your going off on one now, if you go back to my original post i said BBC NEWS. So why are you naming people who don't appear or present on BBC News?

And the BBC and facts, really?

I'll take your post as a dig at me to.

Those two are not on BBC news though, your going off on one now, if you go back to my original post i said BBC NEWS. So why are you naming people who don't appear or present on BBC News?

And the BBC and facts, really?

eh? John Simpson is the World affairs editor for BBC News
Bowen is BBC News Middle East editor

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

and yes, facts - IN FACT the BBC is regularly a few minutes behind the news curve, because they are so desperate to only report things they have verified,
Sky news is a great example of the kind of rubbish you get when you just blurt every twitter based rumour onto live rolling news tv, without any verification because they want the "scoop" and then 2 minutes later have to backtrack - which just confuses things nicely

Last edited:
eh? John Simpson is the World affairs editor for BBC News
Bowen is BBC News Middle East editor

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

and yes, facts - IN FACT the BBC is regularly a few minutes behind the news curve, because they are so desperate to only report things they have verified,
Sky news is a great example of the kind of rubbish you get when you just blurt every twitter based rumour onto live rolling news tv, without any verification because they want the "scoop" and then 2 minutes later have to backtrack - which just confuses things nicely

They still have not been on BBC News reporting it, i haven't seen them on the BBC News regarding the real issue at all.

e: Tell Cliff Richard about the BBC and facts.

I simply asked what stock market you believe is rigged and what you mean by rigged - so far you've not even been able to explain that... now you've instead decided to talk about LIBOR(nothing to do with any stock market). Your claim now seems to have been backtracked to sometimes insider trading happens... well no **** but that isn't a conspiracy theory, it is well known that insider trading happens on occasion and we've got court cases relating to it. It is a bit of a leap to go from insider trading happens sometimes to 'the stock markets are being rigged' but it does illustrate nicely what I was criticising about conspiracy theorists in the first place so thanks for that :)

Stolen:

Definition: LIBOR is the benchmark interest rate that banks charge each other for overnight, one-month, three-month, six-month and one-year loans. It's the benchmark for bank rates all over the world

How is that not linked to stock markets. We are talking about vast sums exchanging across banking markets including stock markets.

Again to clarify they aren't rigged all the time but there are occasions when big interests need a thing or two and they rig the market to be of favour.

They still have not been on BBC News reporting it, i haven't seen them on the BBC News regarding the real issue at all.

e: Tell Cliff Richard about the BBC and facts.

HA! nice direction change, when did I say those two specific reporters are currently reporting on Turkey? I said they were respected reporters who work for the BBC

anyway - we don't know what "the real issue" is that you talk about (hint - because its your opinion remember?) but never the less BBC news front page has an article about the worrying "purge" that seems to be going on, the Europe page has 7 stories about Turkey without even having to scroll down! including one about how the Coup may have been staged by the Turkey Govt? what are you even complaining about???

lol why would anyone defend that Cliff Richard mess? they went full DERP on that one!
im just pointing out that you lot whine about the BBC for things which you haven't even bothered to check out first

Last edited:
Stolen:

How is that not linked to stock markets. We are talking about vast sums exchanging across banking markets including stock markets.

Again to clarify they aren't rigged all the time but there are occasions when big interests need a thing or two and they rig the market to be of favour.

you're confusing money markets and equities markets for a start

after several posts you still haven't been able to explain what you meant by your claim that stock markets are rigged

though again you're just further illustrating the point I made about conspiracy theories... you've grabbed the news story about LIBOR extrapolated from it and made a vague claim with no evidence

The good news is that since Friday, there were zero incursions of turkish fighter jets into Greek airspace. Less pollution, less noise, minimum danger of accident with a passenger jets and above all, economy in fuel.

ofcourse i am kidding, anyway Erdogan is going full crazy, i was hoping he would show some self-restraint but...

you're confusing money markets and equities markets for a start

after several posts you still haven't been able to explain what you meant by your claim that stock markets are rigged

though again you're just further illustrating the point I made about conspiracy theories... you've grabbed the news story about LIBOR extrapolated from it and made a vague claim with no evidence

Have markets been rigged. Yes or no.

Y1 question.

Have markets been rigged. Yes or no.

Have some markets been rigged at some points in the past - yes...

Yet that doesn't really help much with your claim/statement that you're unable to even define properly let alone provide any evidence for.... do you want to have a go at trying to do that or have you realised yet that it was probably a dubious claim to make? Still it did illustrate nicely the criticism I have of most conspiracy theories :p

Last edited:
Wonder if there is any link to the fact that by all accounts Russia are about to support a major offensive against jabhat al nusra who have been heavily reinforced lately by sources linked to Turkey - would make the job much easier for them if Turkey had its hands full with other matters.

TURKEY: Deputy PM says country to suspend European Convention on Human Rights for a while - @CNNTURK_ENG

7,000 prisoners bound and being stored naked inside cattle houses and no more human rights...

Are you going to clarify your previous claim or provide any evidence for it? So far you seem to have backtracked from it once called out.

reminder:

my criticism of most CT theories

but then often involves joining other dots in a convoluted way to come up with an 'alternative' that has even less evidence than the thing being questioned in the first place

CT types tend to be very selective with their supposed 'skepticism'

Not to me. I give you some examples: [...]The stock markets being rigged were a CT but then we know they are now.

What do you actually mean by that? Which stock market is 'rigged' and how is it rigged?

You're still to explain what you mean by the 'stock markets being rigged', what the conspiracy was and what evidence there is for it now.

So far you've pointed out that LIBOR was rigged which isn't really relevant... rather a large difference between public stock exchanges with thousands of participants and an interbank market controlled by a handful of people.... still it has been a couple of days and you're seemingly unable to even explain what you meant in the first place let alone provide anything to back up the vague claim.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom