Military coup in Turkey?

Man of Honour
Meh. Nothing to see here.

Hopefully not but has potential to go sideways if momentum builds behind it - remember that crowd on the bridge at the height of the coup attempt weren't entirely intimidated by gunfire and the forces at this base have a mandate to protect certain areas/assets against any threat - if they start testing if they will open fire on civilians it will get very messy.

Soldato
Hopefully not but has potential to go sideways if momentum builds behind it - remember that crowd on the bridge at the height of the coup attempt weren't entirely intimidated by gunfire and the forces at this base have a mandate to protect certain areas/assets against any threat - if they start testing if they will open fire on civilians it will get very messy.

Have you seen these orders written?

Soldato

Have you seen these orders written?

Isn't this the base that the US has nuclear missiles at?

If so they are a reason why such an action would be justified.

Associate
Isn't this the base that the US has nuclear missiles at?

If so they are a reason why such an action would be justified.

Yup according to wikipedia there is about 80 variable yeild nukes at incerlik.

Scary thought realy if that erdogan guy goes all postal and tries to take over the base either by civilian incursion or other means.

Wouldnt put it past him if all the talk about him orchestrating the coup is true

Man of Honour

Scary thought realy if that erdogan guy goes all postal and tries to take over the base either by civilian incursion or other means.

Wouldnt put it past him if all the talk about him orchestrating the coup is true

Can't really see it - atleast as far as anything nuclear goes he doesn't really stand to gain anything. As mentioned above it is probably to put pressure on the US to hand over Gulen.

If they tried to take the base by force either civilian or military it would get very messy.

Soldato

That's why they have an all costs order. Maybe the US will question keeping nukes in nations of high volatility. Maybe that's the plan:confused:

The nukes we intended for the Rooski's anyway.

Terdogan has large support in Turkey is the only problem. There is the ISIS connection too but that's being swept away by powers that be

Associate
Lets face it.. I believe the conspiracy theorists that this was all stage managed to help the president to really firm his position, get rid of any detractors and put friends in the right places. Sorry but to me this just stinks. The speed that he has identified all of the 'enemies of the state'. Damn he should be the one hunting ISIS at that rate.

By the way he is treating the Media, Soldiers (Who were following orders, most of which were most likely vague), educators and other professionals makes me think. Welcome to the cultural revolution..

Soldato
Lets face it.. I believe the conspiracy theorists that this was all stage managed to help the president to really firm his position, get rid of any detractors and put friends in the right places. Sorry but to me this just stinks. The speed that he has identified all of the 'enemies of the state'. Damn he should be the one hunting ISIS at that rate.

By the way he is treating the Media, Soldiers (Who were following orders, most of which were most likely vague), educators and other professionals makes me think. Welcome to the cultural revolution..

Its not a conspiracy theory to believe more happened than meets the eye when evidence is provoking. Was the coup stage managed.aybe. Its not conclusive but some things just don't add up.

Turkey has been working with ISIS for a long time against the Kurds. I believe two journalists who uncovered this were murdered, most likely by the Turkish state.

You are correct, controlling the media and by extension the information which goes out is the sign of a dictatorship (we never do that in the UK :D). If not a dictator a very authoritarian regime.

Soldato

Indeed, the way this dictator is taking the country is scary, i believe he is and ISIS\Islamist fan, he has rumoured to have been helping ISIS\Terrorists also, the whole thing stinks.

Turkey's population is ~75,000,000. I'll be conservative and say a third support him, that is ~25,000,000 ISIS\Islamist\Backwards scum supporting him, and from some of the things i have seen in various media they are the same people that will do anything for their dear leader.

I feel sorry for the people who just want a normal none violent peaceful life.

Man of Honour
he has rumoured to have been helping ISIS\Terrorists also, the whole thing stinks.

I believe the resupply of Jabhat al Nusra (now Jabhat Fateh al-Sham which is barely different from ISIS in interpretation) has been pretty conclusively linked to the upper levels of the hierarchy in Turkey. (If indeed Turkey has any say in ISIS I suspect we will shortly see the devolution of it into 2-3 smaller groups one of which will be absorbed into the previous mentioned rather than any kind of hard stand by ISIS).

Last edited:
Soldato
I believe the resupply of Jabhat al Nusra (now Jabhat Fateh al-Sham which is barely different from ISIS in interpretation) has been pretty conclusively linked to the upper levels of the hierarchy in Turkey. (If indeed Turkey has any say in ISIS I suspect we will shortly see the devolution of it into 2-3 smaller groups one of which will be absorbed into the previous mentioned rather than any kind of hard stand by ISIS).

I actually caught the last of the press conference they gave yesterday saying they are changing name's and what not, i actually didn't watch it properly and it was subtitled and missed most of it.

I just put it down to change name but still same underneath.

Thanks for sharing your view on it.

Soldato
Truth be told we know no groups positions other than with the exception of the Kurds they are all consistently extreme.

The US provided materiel to these groups and highly likely continue to do so in order that we can have another CoD game in 15years

Back
Top Bottom