Military coup in Turkey?

Soldato
I don't think anything major (messy) will come of it. Tomorrow morning Germany will calm them down.

OFC some people are going to die... but its not going to be tanks running over civilians and babies being executed.
You're being quite naive. This could escalate into proper civil war and Germany will be completely irrelevant.

Caporegime
I'm watching Sky News, didn't see anyone being shot.

BBC don't seem to be cutting away when sky are.

Live BBC feed is showing a few more just apparently shot in the same place.

Looks like the anti coup group walking towards the checkpoint and the soldiers firing back until they stop.

Soldato
Just had a text from one of the families I take to the airport, they are flying back tomorrow (should be there another 6days) embassy is telling everyone to leave.

Man of Honour
Yeah I realise that - My point wasn't really what side the reporter is on - More like it seems the civilians aren't on board with the Coup, from early reports.

The live stream I was watching just now seemed to show most civilians not really sure whose side they were on just standing around cheering and looking a bit confused.

Caporegime
Fanatics?

Pretty biased reporting there.

You do realise the military broke the law and have clashed with the police.

biased reporting or perhaps even completely false reporting... could just as easily be a crowd supporting the tank crew... in fact much more plausible even

Erdogan is a bit desperate

Caporegime
Yeah I realise that - My point wasn't really what side the reporter is on - More like it seems the civilians aren't on board with the Coup, from early reports.

Sounds specifically like pro APK(?)/islamists going out. Mosques are also calling people out onto the streets.

Caporegime
You're being quite naive. This could escalate into proper civil war and Germany will be completely irrelevant.

I know exactly what can and cannot happen thanks

I simply do not think it will go that far.

The only thing is if there are some people/Kurds out there taking this to their advantage to do some "terroristic activities"

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Shocking scenes! You'd expect some level of warning shots / scare tactics but this is mental.

Man of Honour
Luke @lukesmithnews 18m18 minutes ago
#BREAKING Turkish army took control of US facilities inside #Incirlik Air Base, the largest nuclear weapons storage site in EU

Oooh lordy

Not sure about that - quick google seems to indicate the US has a reasonably sizeable protection force there which wouldn't just roll over for the Turkish military given the equipment stored there.

Interesting though that all non-essential personnel were evacuated from the base a few weeks ago - does seem to indicate the US had some kind of idea something was coming beyond moderate security concerns.

Soldato
I can't see the reports of an attack on the US / Turk base in Turkey being true. I imagine thats some amazing click bait somebody is spreading.

Back
Top Bottom