Milo/UC Berkley protestors stop 'hate speech' by using violence and hate...

Soldato
Oh that is what you're objecting to, why didn't you just say?

So, to clarify, I'm not under the impression - nor am I trying to give the impression that all SJW types are reacting violently. Perhaps I should have inserted the word 'some' into my OP.

Fair enough, don't get me wrong - I know for certain there are those liberal types who would commit violence to get their point across, but they are a minority as are the Trump supporters who are racists.

Associate
I think the far left are starting to get a worse reputation than the far right. When someone says they hold left wing views, I think:

a) You hate Jews. [Insert comparisons to Nazi's here].
b) You hate free speech as anyone disagreeing with you is labeled a racist, sexist, homophobe.
c) Democracy is great only so long as the vote goes your way, otherwise, the side that lost "needs to be listened to and respected".
d) Christianity is evil, Christians are bigots, but Islam is great and should be respected.
e) Britain has nothing to be proud of and the sooner its history, traditions, and communities are replaced by multicultural diversity and historical revisionism, the better.

Soldato
i think the biggest problem we have at the moment is the death of moderates. You either a full left SJW or a full right mouth foaming immigrant hater. It seems politics isn't 'reasons why you should vote for my party' but 'look how bad the other side is, vote for us'. Which just devolves into a bunch of **** slinging between the two.

Soldato
i think the biggest problem we have at the moment is the death of moderates. You either a full left SJW or a full right mouth foaming immigrant hater. It seems politics isn't 'reasons why you should vote for my party' but 'look how bad the other side is, vote for us'. Which just devolves into a bunch of **** slinging between the two.

It's likely just the internet amplifying the opinions of both sides. Moderate opinions don't generate discussion.

Caporegime

Yep I'm a big believer in finding balance/middle ground between two extremes. I think the trouble at the moment is that the left have been running rampant in the west for years and now that things are heading back towards the middle they're crying fascism and acting like huge fascists themselves. Anyone situated anywhere to the right of the extreme left are branded fascists these days.

Last edited:
Caporegime
New Garrison out on this subject:

C3wDpCVVUAA-yY8.jpg

Soldato
There was a lot of collectivism and command economy under the Nazi's

If you want to see an example of a full on Nazi state today, Look to China.

No, they are not rounding up everyone who's not Chinese and putting them into camps. Full on Nazi state today is North Korea

Caporegime
No, they are not rounding up everyone who's not Chinese and putting them into camps. Full on Nazi state today is North Korea

They are however forcing disparate peoples to be Chinese, or face being shut off from the world.

And if you dare tell them that Tibetans/Taiwanese/Hong Kong aren't Chinese, they go mental.

Man of Honour

I think that's worse than ever because most people get most of their information from businesses (Facebook and Google in particular) that are geared towards gathering data on their users and showing them only things like the things they've already seen and opinions like the opinions they've already chosen to watch to the end and, where possible, express their approval of.

It's extremely conducive to promoting bias and division and it's now running on a scale far beyond anything that has existed before outside of a handful of propaganda-laden tyrannies.

Back
Top Bottom