MOTO GP 2011

Associate
I don't watch BSB very often always forget tbh.

Is Alex Lowes one of the twins? I know one of them was riding like a stock bike in the series and was caining some of the more supported bikes :o

Yup Alex Lowes is Sam Lowes' twin brtoher. Alex was riding in the Evo class (essentially superbike with stock motor and control ecu) and was beating quite a few bikes in full superbike spec.

Associate
bias.jpg

Not much between him and Stacey really, and not sure why it would make him fall off all on his own many laps later...
:D

And the people saying RdP needs to go...you need to have a word with yourself...bet LCR are kicking themselves for dumping him in favour of Elias...

Hey Jane.bda I watched the video and it's evident Rossi ran off the track, then back on, forced Casey wide, didn't even look. Dangerous, reckless, careless.

Pretty stupid thing to re-enter a track like that when you could have caused a collision. Definitely an even sillier thing to defend someone doing it.

Haters gonna hate.gif

Stoner's a great talent, with less drama than Rossi. Your pathetic trolling and slander is getting tiring *yawns*. The riders there should be respected, not mocked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey Jane.bda I watched the video and it's evident Rossi ran off the track, then back on, forced Casey wide, didn't even look. Dangerous, reckless, careless.

Pretty stupid thing to re-enter a track like that when you could have caused a collision. Definitely an even sillier thing to defend someone doing it.

Haters gonna hate.gif

Stoner's a great talent, with less drama than Rossi. Your pathetic trolling and slander is getting tiring *yawns*. The riders there should be respected, not mocked.

Are you talking about rejoining the track on the corkscrew? He didn't have much of a choice lol.

Nothing wrong with Rossi's riding in that race and it's what Moto-gp is lacking these days. If you give Rossi room, he will take it. That's what any racer would do. There was no contact on the final corner, Rossi got the inside line and it's Stoners fault for letting him. He could have braked early and got him on the straight anyway.

Stoner is a moaning ****. Crys at people behind him in qualifying and punches someone for getting in his way in practice? He's a complete dick.

You should take off those patriotic blinkers.

It must be hard for these riders though. Even if they win the championship 2 or 3 times, they will never go down in History like Rossi will. He is already a Legend and he is still getting podiums on a crap bike. Stoner could beat every record there is, but he will always be remebered as a ****.

Last edited:
Associate
Are you talking about rejoining the track on the corkscrew? He didn't have much of a choice lol.

Nothing wrong with Rossi's riding in that race and it's what Moto-gp is lacking these days. If you give Rossi room, he will take it. That's what any racer would do. There was no contact on the final corner, Rossi got the inside line and it's Stoners fault for letting him. He could have braked early and got him on the straight anyway.

Stoner is a moaning ****. Crys at people behind him in qualifying and punches someone for getting in his way in practice? He's a complete dick.

You should take off those patriotic blinkers.

It must be hard for these riders though. Even if they win the championship 2 or 3 times, they will never go down in History like Rossi will. He is already a Legend and he is still getting podiums on a crap bike. Stoner could beat every record there is, but he will always be remebered as a ****.

Rejoining the track without looking. Something an idiot would do, and something an idiot would defend. Could have, should have, would have. I personally wouldn't have done what Rossi did as I felt it was not only dangerous but wrong, and he DID force Stoner wide.

Not patriotic, rather, I'm just not blind or stupid in the sense to deny/ignore what happened. While you're at it, why not bash Rossi for the hypocrisy and drama he fuels? Bias much? Stoner is a great rider, just not as much ego as Rossi. More down to earth.

Stoner will be remembered not as a baby, but rather a talented rider. Quite pathetic to see the trolls still marching the same beat whilst ignoring Rossi's flaws. For what it's worth, that was the final straw for me with Rossi.

Enough about Stoner, I'll be keen to see how you defend Rossi on that one :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not to play devils advocate but you are saying Rossi is an idiot for joining the track without looking when coming off on the downward spiral of the Seca track? I am sorry but watch that video again, that corner is very tight and he has like a nano second to react.

The logical step would to be get back on track, and considering he hadn't ran that ride off the corner and only clipped part of the gravel it is far easier then running well off and just cutting across someone.

You can't slam the brakes on when going off on the gravel can you? He was already around the corner pretty much.
I don't see that as being very reckless or dangerous :s

Last edited:
Associate
Not to play devils advocate but you are saying Rossi is an idiot for joining the track without looking when coming off on the downward spiral of the Seca track? I am sorry but watch that video again, that corner is very tight and he has like a nano second to react.

The logical step would to be get back on track, and considering he hadn't ran that ride off the corner and only clipped part of the gravel it is far easier then running well off and just cutting across someone.

You can't slam the brakes on when going off on the gravel can you? He was already around the corner pretty much.
I don't see that as being very reckless or dangerous :s

I wouldn't have gone into the corner that hot in the first place if I wasn't going to make it. I feel to pass you must pass safely. Rossi was lucky to not take Stoner out.

What about the other video, with Sete and Valentino?

Soldato
I wouldn't have gone into the corner that hot in the first place if I wasn't going to make it. I feel to pass you must pass safely. Rossi was lucky to not take Stoner out.

Seems to me like you have never ridden a bike.:rolleyes:

Here's how it looked for me.

They both went into the corner pretty fast and collided. This upset both bikes and going at that speed, you can't just turn the bike a bit more, you have to make sure you don't lose the front, and this means going wide(Just watch a few races now and again, people do this when no ther riders are involved).

I'm not saying that it wasn't Rossis fault, but you make it sound like he meant to run him off the track.

Moto-GP would be a very boring place if everybody had your point of view. It's already getting boring and isn't a patch on WSBK/BSB for excitement.

Last edited:
Associate
Seems to me like you have never ridden a bike.:rolleyes:

Making a stupid assumption only makes an ass out of yourself :rolleyes:

Here's how it looked for me.

They both went into the corner pretty fast and collided. This upset both bikes and going at that speed, you can't just turn the bike a bit more, you have to make sure you don't lose the front, and this means going wide(Just watch a few races now and again, people do this when no ther riders are involved).

I'm not saying that it wasn't Rossis fault, but you make it sound like he meant to run him off the track.

Moto-GP would be a very boring place if everybody had your point of view. It's already getting boring and isn't a patch on WSBK/BSB for excitement.

Of course Rossi can do no harm in your eyes. If everyone had your view we wouldn't need a championship, you'd just give him the medal at the start of the season and tell everyone else "thanks for coming".

Rossi has and will always continue to push the boundaries and then some (more often than not, not in a good way). If someone has the audacity to point out anything against it, he's immediately shot down. I like fair and enjoyable racing where there is a mutual respect and space is given to riders.

Soldato
Making a stupid assumption only makes an ass out of yourself :rolleyes:

Of course Rossi can do no harm in your eyes. If everyone had your view we wouldn't need a championship, you'd just give him the medal at the start of the season and tell everyone else "thanks for coming".

Rossi has and will always continue to push the boundaries and then some (more often than not, not in a good way). If someone has the audacity to point out anything against it, he's immediately shot down. I like fair and enjoyable racing where there is a mutual respect and space is given to riders.

Not sure what point you're trying to make though.:confused:

Rossi is a dangerous rider? The two examples you have given have been racing incidents. I can find you much, much worse examples from other riders if you wish.

The reason Rossi is the greatest is because he is a racer, pure and simple. Pedrosa is fast as ****, but he isn't one for passing people.

Stoner would be happy if it was just a time trial. He is very fast when he is on his own, but put him with a few other riders and he spits his dummy out.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/user/2008/July/Casey-Stoners-Dummy/

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure what point you're trying to make though.:confused:

Rossi is a dangerous rider? The two examples you have given have been racing incidents. I can find you much, much worse examples from other riders if you wish.

The reason Rossi is the greatest is because he is a racer, pure and simple. Pedrosa is fast as ****, but he isn't one for passing people.

Stoner would be happy if it was just a time trial. He is very fast when he is on his own, but put him with a few other riders and he spits his dummy out.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/user/2008/July/Casey-Stoners-Dummy/

What Rossi did at Laguna Seca was dangerous regardless if it was accidental or intentional. To re-enter the track after coming off and not knowing where the other rider was it could have ended up MUCH MUCH worse. How anyone can't understand this is beyond me:confused:

The incident with Sete was a reflection on Rossi's attitude. I'm not going to spend my time delving through each facet of Rossi's races to find times he has been unsporting. He does remind of Schumacher though and not in a good way.

nice link, trolls gonna troll. Strangely enough the first comment on one of those articles hit's the spot quite nicely and I quote

I'll admit Stoner isn't the world's most engaging personality but, and pay attention people - he did have a right to whinge this time. To all of the Rossi faithful, pots and kettles please! Yes Rossi is brilliant, he is is exteremly talented. He also whinges a lot when things do not go his way - vis-a-vis tyres? Am I also the only one in the world who remembers Rossie knocking Capirossis off the track - seemingly deliberately - to win a 250 title?

I echo those thoughts. Rossi just strikes me as a selfish albeit talented personality.

Soldato
What Rossi did at Laguna Seca was dangerous regardless if it was accidental or intentional. To re-enter the track after coming off and not knowing where the other rider was it could have ended up MUCH MUCH worse. How anyone can't understand this is beyond me:confused:

I stopped reading after this as it is pretty clear you know nothing about Leguna Seca/ riding a bike.

Associate
I stopped reading after this as it is pretty clear you know nothing about Leguna Seca/ riding a bike.

You're obviously pretty clueless about riding a bike if you think it's acceptable to re-enter a track blindly with speed, no matter what circumstance.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Soldato
OP
Your point of entering the track without looking, it happened so quick I am not sure what you expect?

You can not brake heavily on the sand/gravel, he literally cut a corner and ended up back on track, there was no time to look back and check at that speed.

If he had ran off far greater and re entered doing the same, yes reckless but to go off and back on so quickly I am not sure you can do much different.

What if he had braked to stop going any further, front end goes, takes out Stoner. Far far worse outcome. You really haven't picked a great example,
To say people are blind to allow Rossi to do is it not strictly true, you have just picked a bad video and clip to try and emphasise your point.

Associate
Your point of entering the track without looking, it happened so quick I am not sure what you expect?

It's about safety. Things happen quick in motorsport. You have to assess whether it's safe to make a pass for both you and the rival. This pass was very risky considering he had gone off track, then forced his rival wide.

You can not brake heavily on the sand/gravel, he literally cut a corner and ended up back on track, there was no time to look back and check at that speed.

Of course you can't, hence the pass should NOT have been made in the first place. if you can't make the pass safely and fairly, don't make it at all. Very lucky stoner didn't crash into a rossi wandering back on track.

If he had ran off far greater and re entered doing the same, yes reckless but to go off and back on so quickly I am not sure you can do much different.

As above ^

What if he had braked to stop going any further, front end goes, takes out Stoner. Far far worse outcome. You really haven't picked a great example,
To say people are blind to allow Rossi to do is it not strictly true, you have just picked a bad video and clip to try and emphasise your point.

The video is perfectly fitting as said above, you have to assess the situation and make a judgement on whether you can make a safe and fair pass. I'm not going to write an essay on this but Rossi reminds me of a few F1 drivers, with negative traits.

Rather than circling the same territory, explain the Sete incident. Fair in your eyes?

Soldato

Sete fell apart in the end...pure and simple. I like Rossi for the fact he is a one off in this day and age, but he is mean, cold, calculating and as hard as behind all those smiles...as he will prove on track. This wasn't tiddlywinks last time i checked...

Associate
Is this because i called your boy Stacey Moaner perchance?

But is that a response because I called you jane.bda by any chance?

Sete fell apart in the end...pure and simple. I like Rossi for the fact he is a one off in this day and age, but he is mean, cold, calculating and as hard as behind all those smiles...as he will prove on track. This wasn't tiddlywinks last time i checked...

Never looked to me like he fell apart in that race. Looks like he was forced wide, then off track by Rossi. I'm speaking about that specific incident. better get those eyes checked :D

Soldato
Never looked to me like he fell apart in that race. Looks like he was forced wide, then off track by Rossi. I'm speaking about that specific incident. better get those eyes checked :D

Not talking about the race mate, just Sete in general when he got to the top end of MotoGP. How did his return to the class last year go again???

Associate
No, i just seem to remember your lack of love for me not being a Stacey Moaner fanboy before when i called him that in another thread...
:)

I just seem to remember your lack of respect and your continued trolling jane.bda :)

Not talking about the race mate, just Sete in general when he got to the top end of MotoGP. How did his return to the class last year go again???

I wasn't talking about his return class, I was talking about the race. You remember the one right? Valentino forces Sete off track and into the kitty litter. Do you want the link the the video again?

Back
Top Bottom