Motorsport Manager

Caporegime
hmm not sure what happened here
lAlNcue.jpg

the guy sucks though... thought I would get a crap driver and skill him up... but the idiot flat spots all the time

Associate
Im guessing you either know now, because its told you a few screens later (they're injured, temporary -2 all stats) or they had a perk giving them +2 to all stats, so what your seeing is -200% (2 stats) + a smidgin gained from experience.

Caporegime
Im guessing you either know now, because its told you a few screens later (they're injured, temporary -2 all stats) or they had a perk giving them +2 to all stats, so what your seeing is -200% (2 stats) + a smidgin gained from experience.

I didn't notice any :confused:

my league just voted to ban driver aids :D

Man of Honour
We still of the thinking that a cheap chassis is best? Even worth spending money on the dilemmas? Then upgrade HQ and churn out car parts.

Also, say I have good brakes and the best I can build are good. Any point in still building them in the current season?

Caporegime
We still of the thinking that a cheap chassis is best? Even worth spending money on the dilemmas? Then upgrade HQ and churn out car parts.

Also, say I have good brakes and the best I can build are good. Any point in still building them in the current season?

doesn't it affect how much you can improve the car parts? one of the stats is improvability so if you start with a lemon there's not much room for improving it?

Man of Honour
doesn't it affect how much you can improve the car parts? one of the stats is improvability so if you start with a lemon there's not much room for improving it?

I can't seem to improve it much anyway with my HQ. The idea was posted a good way up. A cheap chassis certainly leaves a lot of cash spare.

Edit: improvability seems very important with the new patch. So take any options for that I guess.

Last edited:
Associate
I didn't notice any :confused:

my league just voted to ban driver aids :D
Yeah, ive tried looking to find out what exactly driver aids are, because there doesnt appear to be any reference to them in the game beyond the rule book, because its not something you manufacturer.
Theres a fair amount of info where im not entirely certain what it means, particularly traits like wonderkids +50 potential (is the the unfilled star?), i saw one that was something like 'fast learner' which didnt impact any skills nor show up if you hovered over a skill to say +0.5% fast learner, +0.025 test track etc.

@capt
I'll be building a half-decent chassis for S02 in WMC, not the best (unless i happen to have that money going spare), and thats largely because when im on mediums to do 2-stop, the competition is on softs and they're getting similar wear (possibly managing tyres to do so) and are quicker. In lower series i could do 2-stop softest while they 3-stopped mixed tyres, and push a fair bit and win. I have absolutely no hope of that in WMC, and maybe thats because im setting goals higher than i should be and they simply have a far better car, but i cant build parts any faster so a better chassis is one option i'll have.
I'll get ~40-50m in prize money for certain, 20m for the new chassis, and have 1m+ income to keep churning out new parts. I want the final factory upgrade, and then its just the legendary HQ bits really. So for WMC, it might be viable to compete for podiums in the 2nd season, and i'd rather have that fight than buy the final few tiers of buildings to unlock legendary tier when i cant possibly legendary all parts in a season.

Earlier tiers, i think you can brute force results easier elsewhere, and you can have OP drivers like RR. In WMC, Not-Ferrari & Not-Mercedes etc have far better drivers and thats one less advantage you're used to having that they now have over you... and im still on the fence with spending on a chassis.

Man of Honour
Just saw an interesting tip about alternating the season target by telling the boss i'm going to finish 8th so i get extra money when I know I have little chance. If you start with 100% morale with your boss and answer various interview questions correctly your job will be safe and if it gets too low by the end of the year, accept the lowest target for the following year to build it back up again.

Associate
I read a dev comment on improvability last week, and it didnt convince me it was significant.

From what i understand, if the chassis you built had +10 points beyond basic (cheapest = 0pts) then the new parts you build that season would have an improvement modifier of +10.

IIRC, if you hover over the bar which shows the base & max specs of what your about to build, or somewhere on that screen on the right side, it says something like:

100 base (what you started the season with)
+20 components
+10 designer skill (designers skill building that part so +0-20)
+8 improvability (chassis improvability bonus)
etc

So the first part you build using those specs would be:
100+20+10+8 = 138 base value (screw max for here)

If the 'good' part meant adding +10 base, +25 max, you'd have:
100+30+10+8 = 138 (and max too)

So its not every single time you build a better part your gaining that chassis buff, but once, and i'd imagine we're talking about paying 3-4m for a 5-8pt supplier. Its not a huge amount, but is even 10pts of performance on 6 parts (4 with spec wings!) worth paying 3m for?? IMO its not. Double it, and maybe i'd think differently.

@capt - I actually thought you didnt get that payment if you failed to meet that target as a team that weekend, im not 100% sure its correct (and i wish i hadnt opted for 8th in my first Asia season cos i won with ease and was losing ~400k even with winning bonuses!), but im not sure how much of an impact underperforming would have and at what point you'd get the boot. Not 100% sure on this though, but do regret not having been more optimistic, but i was certain i'd get £0 if i failed to meet that goal, which hurt far worse than getting 50% more if i did hit that goal.

Caporegime
Just saw an interesting tip about alternating the season target by telling the boss i'm going to finish 8th so i get extra money when I know I have little chance. If you start with 100% morale with your boss and answer various interview questions correctly your job will be safe and if it gets too low by the end of the year, accept the lowest target for the following year to build it back up again.

or just do like I did get promoted to the asia league to early, get owned by all the teams and lose your job.

then get a job with a better team in that league :D (the game isn't over when you get fired just apply for another job elsewhere)

I took over a team that had an awesome car every part was over twice as good as mine were :O

no wonder my team sucked so bad when everyone else seemingly had twice the performance on their parts :mad:

domating every race now though :D but want to upgrade more buildings before I go to fake formula one I think

Caporegime
wow managed to win the first race of a season by 4 seconds even though I had to add 30seconds of part repairs to one of my stops :O
ran the whole race of normal engine setting as well so my car must be immensely fast this season :D choose not to be promoted twice already after winning every race almost for 2 seasons lol

Man of Honour
wow managed to win the first race of a season by 4 seconds even though I had to add 30seconds of part repairs to one of my stops :O
ran the whole race of normal engine setting as well so my car must be immensely fast this season :D choose not to be promoted twice already after winning every race almost for 2 seasons lol

First races are always really fun. I had the same, a car took over first place and started building up a lead, then went up in a cloud of smoke leaving me with a 30 second lead and 1st place. Has happened in later races too...really great when it does :D

I worry about RR when he goes, he is the only thing keeping me near the top at the moment. Saving money to develop the car in season 2.

Associate
Managed to get Rear wings changed to Spec in next seasons WMC, along with Suspension from the previous vote. I think i used +5 and +4 votes to do so, but thats 2 less parts i'll need to concern myself with next season, letting me focus on stuff i'd already been working on (engine, gearbox, brakes & front wing). Next vote is for only top-5 to get points, and im hoping the rest of the grid recognises thats not in their best interest as its top-10 currently and im still only a 50/50 chance of getting my 2nd driver into the points.

Currently clinging onto 4th in the constructors, which would be a 10.9% share of the £500m prize fund, a tidy 55m which would pay for the final factory upgrade and help ensure i can build the best chassis too - though i might opt for some final HQ upgrades to unlock the Legendary row.

I've been hovering around 6th with 1 driver, the other anywhere between 8th & 12th, they never seem to be too close to each other even though their cars are pretty similar as are their own stats, and one race it'll be my 2nd driver doing well, the next its my 1st driver. I did manage to pick up a very fortunate 2nd thanks to passing 3 cars in the last few laps (they'd bunched up behind a backmarker and i somehow flew past them) and the winner being DQ'd after the race. Still picking up the odd good qualifying result, but sadly a lot of results dont feel all that satisfying when its because of flaws in the race engine. Picking up pole in mixed conditions is extremely easy, twice ive seen weather coming and realised it'd wreck my lap so ive brought them in and in most cases sent them out very shortly after as the shower passes, and thats without a weather center built to show me a decent forecast (started it recently though). The AI just seem to go out when its their turn, and they definitely have an unofficial exit order, based on what the weather says right now, they dont see weather until they're driving in it, which makes them flawed, same in races when they'll pit a lap or 2 before you know a heavy shower is coming in.

Soldato
Yeah the race engine definitely needs tweaking. I've had the same where I was 2nd and ended up 10th thanks to my driver staying behind a broken down 20th while lapping them

Associate
Just had 3 sponsors expire (2 performance, 1 fixed), and the first fixed offer that came in was a 16x 650k deal and i was rather pleased with that, waited a little longer and got a 6x 1.25m offer. Mental.

Also picked up a double podium in the previous race, the top driver has a knack of getting DQ'd, -14 places this time :D

Soldato
Turned Kitano right round. Smashed the last season, finished the first three rounds of this season as P1, P2. Best engine, gearbox and third on the rest.

Has anyone else noticed it can upgrade your parts in the factory during car design phase in pre-season?

Back
Top Bottom