Motorsport Manager

Soldato
Knew I shouldn't have bought this until xmas. It stole most of my Sunday and Monday evening. Last night I lost the constructors championship in the final race :(, we won the drivers though by one point :D.

Associate
Very close to winning the European series, but with the 9th best car it seems a little early to move up.

• Run first season to the end use it to develop the car as much as possible.
  • Hire RR just before the last race on a 3 year contract.
  • Run in Euro for the next 3 years - aim to win the second year with car upgrades.
  • Third year build your factory/HQ up.
  • 4th year save as much as you can for next years car and aim to win the championship.
  • At the end of the 4th year RR's contract will be up and he will want to go up a formula.
  • Accept the promotion at the end of the season. Renew RR contract for another 3 years.

Soldato
Knew I shouldn't have bought this until xmas. It stole most of my Sunday and Monday evening. Last night I lost the constructors championship in the final race :(, we won the drivers though by one point :D.

I did this in my seconds season. Last race of the year and I focused too much on RR in the final few laps, left El thingy on full fuel use and he ran out with 3 or 4 corners to go and got passed by 4 or 5 cars, I missed the constructors by 1 point... :rolleyes:

This year it's almost silly. I had a 1/2 in race 8 by a good 30 or 40 seconds. I'm around 60 points clear in the constructors and RR could probably not bother with the last two races and still with the title...

Caporegime
Just read a tip about getting a pay reserve driver and running them in the practice session only. Didn't think of that!

i had a nice paydriver in my game :D was getting 983k a race and paying him 400k a race :D

he was almost as good as my main driver too.

pitty you cant filter drivers by traits to find them easier or be able to set a scout to find them by trait even if it takes a few weeks

Man of Honour
i had a nice paydriver in my game :D was getting 983k a race and paying him 400k a race :D

he was almost as good as my main driver too.

pitty you cant filter drivers by traits to find them easier or be able to set a scout to find them by trait even if it takes a few weeks

I was looking for a number 2 pay driver only to find that my driver pays me already!

Caporegime
Is this a bug or something? Surely they shouldn't be paying you for a spot?

happens in real life, the mighty schumacher paid jordan with mercedes money for his first race ;)

pedro diniz was paying for his ride with money from his dads supermarket chain. usually these days they just bring sponsor money with them though

Man of Honour
Well it looked like I was going to win season 2, but one of the other teams have dominated the second half. At l least I will soon be able to built great parts for nearly all part types.

Soldato
Now I'm, in the Asia cup, I see what you guys mean about qualifying. Pain in the bum. First race I did okay and got 6th and 13th or something. Managed to win that one with the help of some rain. (Whilst I find the AI is okay at timing their change, it doesn't plan ahead well, like coming in for new inters 2 laps before it dries up...)

The second race I saved it during quali and thought I would play about a bit to see how you could best fit in a lap. One time I got 4th, I don't know how, as all other times I couldn't get better than about 15th and 19th. In the end I just carried on with an 18th and 19th, expecting to just scratch this race and move on. I'm still not entirely sure how I did it, but I got 3rd and 4th... then my one +1 risk part on RR's car got him a 2 place penalty... still 3rd and 5th keeps me 2nd in the constructors.

What kind of positions do you get if you let it auto do it. Might just do that next time.

Man of Honour
picked this up the other week.
far far to many floors in it, to simple in a lot of areas, far to many cheaty unbalanced picks.
and generally hasn't been improved from the mobile phone version. ]

it has potential, but all they've done is a port, and it doesn't deliver at all. its like an early beta and is unlikely to be developed how it needs to be.

Back
Top Bottom