Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Associate
so who should appoint the independant investigator? it's nothing to do with FIA, FOM or other teams, might as well say Sainsbury should have appointed them. tbh whatever is said there will be people who will say he's guilty at the worst level,some who will say he's guilty of being a total muppet and should lose his job and others who accept the findings because they don't have all the facts due to not being part of the investigation/complaint....whichever camp you sit in i'm sure that opinion wont change.

Soldato
Assuming this is all real, it sounds like she's just as bad as him and has been complicit in a lot of this, I wonder how many messages / images have been omitted from her side that reveal a lot more about her actions. Technically I can't see anything in there that would warrant being sacked which aligns with the external investigation however from a PR point of view it's certainly not a good look. I hope he doesn't therefore get sacked due to the social media witch hunt / pressures.

Again, assuming it's all accurate and real then you'd hope Geri sees sense and walks out the door, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
so who should appoint the independant investigator? it's nothing to do with FIA, FOM or other teams, might as well say Sainsbury should have appointed them. tbh whatever is said there will be people who will say he's guilty at the worst level,some who will say he's guilty of being a total muppet and should lose his job and others who accept the findings because they don't have all the facts due to not being part of the investigation/complaint....whichever camp you sit in i'm sure that opinion wont change.

Well it's safe to assume he did have an affair with an employee/a PA and whilst it seems consensual and equal at first, the PA clearly decided against it eventually and tried to cool things. Christian didn't seem to like that so much and kept flirting etc.

I mean ofcourse it's nothing illegal, but having a relationship with a very low ranking employee if you are the head manager is generally frowned upon business/HR wise and isn't good. He's also damaged his own reputation, and by extension the brand.

Ultimately it's up to Red Bull, but he's damaged goods now.

Soldato
Assuming this is all real, it sounds like she's just as bad as him and has been complicit in a lot of this
Uhh this is exactly why you shouldn’t have relationships with your own staff. The power dynamic is very difficult. As the messages apparently show, she tried to cool it and he wasn’t happy. For all else know he was enjoying his bit in the side and threatened to sack her if he didnt have his way with her twice a week. Maybe that’s why she started the complaint.

Soldato
Uhh this is exactly why you shouldn’t have relationships with your own staff. The power dynamic is very difficult. As the messages apparently show, she tried to cool it and he wasn’t happy. For all else know he was enjoying his bit in the side and threatened to sack her if he didnt have his way with her twice a week. Maybe that’s why she started the complaint.

It takes two to tango. She's just as complicit as he is. There's messages of him offering her to stay in different hotels or to move to a different role when the 'fling' seemed to cool down.

Not sure why you are jumping to conclusions of threatening to sack her? Oh wait yes I do, you hate anything Red Bull.

Soldato
I just read all the newly posted stuff including 70+ message exchanges and will say this... I don't see him surviving this. She's clearly told him to stop and that it's inappropriate. He continues. He asks her to delete the chat history multiple times. Multiple blatant sexual messages. Pictures of his nipple sent. Intimate chats. That he finishes himself off in the bathroom one time.
It's damning. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him later today.
Link? Source?

Associate
Not necessarily, they cleared him of acting in a controlling manner. If the leak is genuine then he was clearly having an affair of some kind which isn't quite the same thing.

This is my take on it too.

Regardless, if true, it’s disappointing and lots of people get/have been hurt. Both individuals but also spouses, children and colleagues.

Too most F1 is a circus, a drama to enjoy. To others it’s how they feed their families etc. None of it should be taken lightly.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
Assuming this is all real, it sounds like she's just as bad as him and has been complicit in a lot of this, I wonder how many messages / images have been omitted from her side that reveal a lot more about her actions. Technically I can't see anything in there that would warrant being sacked which aligns with the external investigation however from a PR point of view it's certainly not a good look. I hope he doesn't therefore get sacked due to the social media witch hunt / pressures.

Again, assuming it's all accurate and real then you'd hope Geri sees sense and walks out the door, but I doubt it.

I am not sure you understand the power dynamic at play here. You get your dream job in F1, great salary, travel, mixing with powerful people and good prospects. You get a little flirty with a senior official (not a great idea, sure, but as you said, it takes 2 to tango) and now you have a total imbalance of power.

Its not just a simple cheating situation here, work is involved, and now you have to try to balance your job with trying not to upset the man you had a little fling with for fear of losing your dream job.

Soldato
Can't believe some of the defence for Horner here if these leaks are true ..........

Why does it not warrant sacking??

Why does it warrant sacking? The messages have only showed two consenting adults so far. Should she also be sacked?

Employees of different seniority getting together happens in almost all companies. the vast majority of the time it is not an issue, if there was evidence of Horner abusing his seniority would the investigation not have found him guilty of controlling behaviour?

Soldato
It takes two to tango. She's just as complicit as he is. There's messages of him offering her to stay in different hotels or to move to a different role when the 'fling' seemed to cool down.

Not sure why you are jumping to conclusions of threatening to sack her? Oh wait yes I do, you hate anything Red Bull.

Pretty sure she's been dismissed

He is head manager why couldn't he be professional and not entertain it ? Pretty sure sports stars get this ? By the way he is married

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't believe some of the defence for Horner here if these leaks are true ..........

Why does it not warrant sacking??

If there’s nothing in his contract about dating subordinates then most of the leak suggest it was consensual so what would they fire him for?

Now it’s all been leaked maybe for bringing the company in to disrepute. Which is maybe what’s hoped for given the rumours of power struggles within upper management.

Soldato
I am not sure you understand the power dynamic at play here. You get your dream job in F1, great salary, travel, mixing with powerful people and good prospects. You get a little flirty with a senior official (not a great idea, sure, but as you said, it takes 2 to tango) and now you have a total imbalance of power.

Its not just a simple cheating situation here, work is involved, and now you have to try to balance your job with trying not to upset the man you had a little fling with for fear of losing your dream job.

Perhaps, but unless there is evidence of Horner abusing this situation then we can only go off of what we have seen so far. I've not seen any evidence to the contrary. All I'm seeing is hearsay.

Soldato
If there’s nothing in his contract about dating subordinates then most of the leak suggest it was consensual so what would they fire him for?

Now it’s all been leaked maybe for bringing the company in to disrepute. Which is maybe what’s hoped for given the rumours of power struggles within upper management.

Think she's been dismissed right ?
Companies reputation the best team in F1 whilst we at it not great look for F1 this isn't just gonna go away now

Back
Top Bottom