Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Have read it all now, if true, extremely embarrassing and stupid.

Feel sorry for children etc involved who may be hurt by fallings out and also for anyone in the team who likely will be impacted by it all. After all, there’s thousands of people working tirelessly to build these cars who now have this weighing over them.

Obviously the latter part most on here don’t care about, as they’re solely focussed on hating team X of person Y and forget the “little” people behind it all working away.

Very good points.

Soldato
I don’t think any outlets worth their salt would be interested in printing the messages/pictures. They can just refer to messages leaked that allege to be between Horner etc. Nobody can stop them doing that surely.
Imagine if they are proven to be genuine, I imagine many journalists have dropped everything and are all over this, I would wager this could become quite a problem ( even more than it already is)

Caporegime

Feel sorry for children etc involved who may be hurt by fallings out and also for anyone in the team who likely will be impacted by it all. After all, there’s thousands of people working tirelessly to build these cars who now have this weighing over them.

For his children it will be very difficult. This is why it's a really ****** thing to do when you are such a high profile and well known person (well, its a ****** thing to do anyway, but more so in this instance). No doubt his children will end up seeing these images/texts at some point in the future from classmates/on the internet etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
For his children it will be very difficult. This is why it's a really ****** thing to do when you are such a high profile and well known person. No doubt his children will end up seeing these images/texts at some point in the future from classmates/on the internet etc.
Yep and the fact that the man is riding it out shows his real character.

Man of Honour
The leak could be fake, but at this stage I really doubt it. There would be very little to gain by fabricating messages and pictures like that.

It still reads like a typical affair though, until near the end when she asks him to stop.
The only thing fakes would do is just stir up public interest, the actual people in the know at RB / investigators will know the score, I guess the challenge is assuming its real and they cleared him of charges, they now have to deal with pressures from sponsors/exec etc. A big issue is he is aside from Max the face of Red Bull and arguably one of if not the biggest name in F1 that isn't a driver. Heck he's probably more well known to casual fans than half of the grid.

My guess is someone on the inside was flabbergasted he was cleared so put this in the public domain to force the hand of senior management, even if it's deemed not enough to 'convict' him him internally, if there is too much of a media storm / public opinion they may need to take action anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you wish to think they come from a reliable source that is entirely to you but you seem to be stating one thing with the barrister and another with these, possibly faked, posts, and contradicting yourself.

What contradiction? I’ve not said the leaks are real or even that I think they’re real. All I’ve done is acknowledge they exist.

Do they cast doubt on the investigation and so the Barristers independence? Yes. Should they? That’s a much harder question to answer and does depend in the validity of screenshots.

But instantly dismissing them as fake to tow the Red Bull company line of an INDEPENDENT Barrister found no wrong doing is just as bad as stating as fact the Barrisrer wasn’t independent.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
For the avoidance of doubt (and to avoid any possible legal implications for OcUK, however remote they may be) - please do not link directly to, or embed any of the content here.

Thanks

To be fair, the memes are way better than the content itself.

That said, RB’s response increasingly suggests they aren’t fake.

Last edited:
Soldato
ults?
What contradiction? I’ve not said the leaks are real or even that I think they’re real. All I’ve done is acknowledge they exist.

Do they cast doubt on the investigation and so the Barristers independence? Yes. Should they? That’s a much harder question to answer and does depend in the validity of screenshots.

But instantly dismissing them as fake to tow the Red Bull company line of an INDEPENDENT Barrister found no wrong doing is just as bad.
However those are the facts we have, like it or not. Until there is evidence to the contrary then anything else is purely cloud cuckoo land. I get it though, some just really hate the fact that Horner has been found not guilty of any impropriety and will just make it up to support their agenda.
it is a very sad world we live in..

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Obviously the latter part most on here don’t care about, as they’re solely focussed on hating team X of person Y and forget the “little” people behind it all working away.

Agreed. Horrible for all involved.

Soldato
Exactly. This power dynamic is exactly why people like Weinstein got away with it for so long. And it’s exactly why companies will not allow it in this day and age.

I’d say I’m surprised that RB fans are defending this type of alleged behaviour - but I’m just not surprised at all actually. The RB fans’ responses were already becoming Trumpian before this kicked off properly, and I called it out then. Now it’s just lols. :rolleyes:

I too find the behaviour truly bizarre. Complete denial of the situation and who/what Horner is. I imagined close friends/family/his mum would be the only people defending him, but here we have a forum with a select few that will clutch at any straw to defend the man. In fact, I'm surprised Lewis Hamilton and Toto aren't being talked about more by Red Bull fans. Usually in such scenarios the natural defence mechanism is to start having a pop at them.

Soldato
ults?

However those are the facts we have, like it or not. Until there is evidence to the contrary then anything else is purely cloud cuckoo land. I get it though, some just really hate the fact that Horner has been found not guilty of any impropriety and will just make it up to support their agenda.
it is a very sad world we live in..

Oh to live in such a simple black and white world where you're on Team Red Bull unless you have any sort of questions of doubt which instantly means you're on Team Hater. I bet you and Scam would get on brilliantly if you weren't on opposite sides.

Associate
In fact, I'm surprised Lewis Hamilton and Toto aren't being talked about more by Red Bull fans. Usually in such scenarios the natural defence mechanism is to start having a pop at them.
Interesting isnt it, RB fans not being petty.

Took the bad years on the chin and got on with it. Merc has one bad season and RB are cheaters X Y Z.

Soldato
Oh to live in such a simple black and white world where you're on Team Red Bull unless you have any sort of questions of doubt which instantly means you're on Team Hater. I bet you and Scam would get on brilliantly if you weren't on opposite sides.
Haha, I very much doubt if I'm on any side. Mine is from the perspective of not making it up as I go along because I'm unable agree with a fair and INDEPENDENT decision.
I don't support Red Bull either.
By the way we now know that the barrister involved was a member of the King's Counsel, one of the highest legal positions in the UK.
So take your pick https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:British_King's_Counsel

Last edited:
Soldato
Well the scales have tipped since yesterday. I've seen the drive contents in full.

It's not totally for certain but i'm finding it hard to believe that the messages and content are fake.

The cope is hardcore in here it seems but it doesn't really matter whether anything is written into his contract. You cannot act in that way in business and survive, especially if it becomes public. It brings everything into disrepute (workplace conduct/culture, brand reputation, leadership example to name but a few). Bar a miracle, his job and most likely his marriage are toast.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well he's turned up at the race track and is in business as usual mode. I wonder whether there will be another file drop during live quali :O
FIA chiefs to meet about the situation "today".

Soldato
Well he's turned up at the race track and is in business as usual mode. I wonder whether there will be another file drop during live quali :O
FIA chiefs to meet about the situation "today".
I saw a story on the BBC as of 16 minutes ago that he is *still* denying allegations of inappropriate behaviour… (despite the latest leak.)

Absolute balls/will of steel. :D :o

Caporegime
Horner is to meet with Ben Sulayem over the situation. I also saw a report Domencali is flying out to Bahrain because of the leaks. Meanwhile, the Daily Mail - which I'm sure we all regard as a beacon of unimpeachable truth - is reporting that Geri has cancelled her flights out to join him and has told friends she is contemplating ending things with Horner after he lied to her.

Not sure he can cling on through this.

Caporegime
I find it unlikely that such a large collection of messages and photos could be drawn up so quickly unless they were genuine. Surely Horner is toast? And it casts huge doubts on the impartiality of the barrister/lawyer hired by Red Bull GMBH in Austria. There are usually rules for senior staff to be involved with lower level staff, and for good reason. This stinks of a cover up and a power play within Red Bull.

Back
Top Bottom