Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Associate
I only see it as some sort of stick to beat Horner with. (If the whole Jos complaining about him is true.) He'd be mental to go to Mercedes when Red Bull are where they are currently. I guess Red Bull could call his bluff and get rid of him?! :eek: :D That would be a twist in this already wild story. :D
If the rumors that Ford are looking to pull out of the engine deal are true, then he might think Red Bull won't be very good in 2026 and Mercedes are a better long term bet.

Soldato
I don’t know why Max would move to Merc anyway. They’re clearly struggling to put a car together.

Also can’t see how Ferrari will ever be competent enough to win a championship again, even with a good car.

RBR have been the most consistent team so I can’t see why any driver would want to leave.
At the current velocity of where we're heading, RBR won't even have an engine in two years' time...

Associate
I don’t know why Max would move to Merc anyway. They’re clearly struggling to put a car together.

Also can’t see how Ferrari will ever be competent enough to win a championship again, even with a good car.

RBR have been the most consistent team so I can’t see why any driver would want to leave.

New engine regulations come into play in 2026. Merc and Ferrari are expected to have an initial advantage over Red Bull given they have years more experience developing their own engines than RB.

Last edited:
Soldato
Max leaving RB is nonsense - he would be mad to do that. Adrian Newey is a proven winner - his cars are rockets that just win, proving the adage that F1 is 80% about the car and 20% about the driver. Put Lando in an RB and Max in a Mercedes and Max ain't winning races anymore.

Associate
New engine regulations come into play in 2026. Merc and Ferrari are expected to have an initial advantage over Red Bull given they have years more experience developing their own engines than RB.
Will have to see; conceptually the engines aren’t that different and the simplification should help development.

Maybe they’ll have their aero sorted by then too.

Associate
Max leaving RB is nonsense - he would be mad to do that. Adrian Newey is a proven winner - his cars are rockets that just win, proving the adage that F1 is 80% about the car and 20% about the driver. Put Lando in an RB and Max in a Mercedes and Max ain't winning races anymore.

Adrian Newey is at the tail end of his career, he's 65 years old and came out of retirement not long ago. Based on what Newey has said over the past few years id be surprised if he is still in F1 in 2026. What else is there left for him to achieve? The only box that won't have been ticked is working for Ferrari.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Adrian Newey is a proven winner - his cars are rockets that just win, proving the adage that F1 is 80% about the car and 20% about the driver.

There's no doubting Newey's talent, but even he hasn't banged out winner after winner. Merc's recent record is also very, very strong; and if RB fall out with their engine supplier they may be in for another long period of weakness.

Soldato
Nothing lasts forever (especially in F1) and you have to think this Horner, Marko, Newey triumvirate is heading towards its last dance. Might not be this or next season but it's nearer the end than the beginning that's for sure.

Soldato
Associate
I expect someone said similar in 1992-3...and then Todt took over.
I’d also change my opinion if someone competent took over, and while I think Vasseur is a personality improvement, Ferrari need bigger changes.

Just look at how pathetic the head driver engineers are; they should have been replaced years ago.

Soldato
Caporegime
Yeah, that's not true, workplaces account for around 1 in 9 these days:

That's US data - I couldn't find the figures for the UK in the time I was willing to spend on it, but it's not likely to be hugely different.

Yeah I just found the Diary Of a Ceo podcast that had the stats and I was wrong. They state 1 in 3 now start in the workplace. The 70% was how many have had a relationship with someone at work at some point, rather than the current one.

The stats around cheating in the workplace are high though from everything I've seen. Tbh when I went from an all male dominated environment to an office environment I've been staggered by the amount of extra curricular activity that goes on.

Back
Top Bottom