Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Commissario
That F1Academy race victory being removed is a bit hilarious. Imagine not knowing the race had finished. :D
She definitely won’t do that again I guess. Harsh to be demoted down to 9th, but I guess that is quite dangerous.
You’d think that she’d have seen the chequered flag being waved and the team would have told her on the wireless. She only stopped because they threw out the red flag after she’d done one extra lap at full speed and showed no sign of slowing down.

That means Abbi gets the win though, woo-hoo!

Man of Honour
You’d think that she’d have seen the chequered flag being waved and the team would have told her on the wireless. She only stopped because they threw out the red flag after she’d done one extra lap at full speed and showed no sign of slowing down.

That means Abbi gets the win though, woo-hoo!

That sounds like a comedy of errors lol, 'goes off to find highlights of the ending'

Associate
That F1Academy race victory being removed is a bit hilarious. Imagine not knowing the race had finished. :D
She definitely won’t do that again I guess. Harsh to be demoted down to 9th, but I guess that is quite dangerous.
Oh no! Hadn't seen the second race, such a shame especially as they're trying to solidify their reputation as a series.
I did watch the YouTube stream of the first race on Friday happy to add to the viewer stats and planned to catch up on the second during the week.

Caporegime
Having seen the on board from Pin's car on the final lap the chequered flag is next to impossible to see. It's no wonder she missed it but the team should have been counting down the laps with her as well as telling her when she finished the race. There have been plenty of races and racing drivers who have lifted off believing the race is over when there's still a lap to go. IMO this is more the team than her and her penalty is unduly harsh.

Soldato
Agreed. I was watching it live and they played her team radio showing that the team never advised her the race was over - not even a 'Well done, you won' message.

A financial penalty for the team or grid drop for the next race would have been a more fair outcome.
Yeah, 100% should have been a team penalty. I guess losing the race win is a team penalty, but pretty savage for the driver to be punished. Can't imagine what you'd feel like after that.

Commissario
Never heard of a team not talking to their driver in a moment like that.
It’s not just the lack of a “You’ve won” message, it’s the lack of them counting down and telling her that she’s on the last lap that I really don’t understand.

The driver always carries personal responsibility for obeying flags.
This as well. If a driver doesn’t obey a yellow flag or a red flag or whatever colour flag, they’re punished. This is no different.

Caporegime
Doesn't look like Ricciardo's position at AlphaTauri is secure, this is direct from Marko:

Yukis Qualifying-Performance war sehr gut, und Ricciardo muss sich jetzt bald einmal etwas einfallen lassen.​

Which I translate as "Yuki was very good in quali, and Ricciardo must very soon improve". He talks up Lawson elsewhere in that article too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom