Mountain Biking

Soldato
Been offfered this for 750 quid.. friend of a friend is a serious DHer and purchased new bike so selling his old..

15874887_10154942540259851_8925980318640919799_o.jpg

Scott Voltage FR20 2012 Frame - adjustable travel 180-160mm (Size - Short)
Rockshox Domain forks with compression cartridge fitted (Medium spring) - 200mm travel
Rockshox Vivid R2C rearshock(300x3.00 spring)
Shimano Saint brakes (203mm rotors)
Saint rear mech / XTR shifter (9 speed)
Superstar bars (780mm 10mm rise)
Superstar Nano pedals
Superstar DH-595 wheels/hubs
Superstar stem
Superstar seatpost
Superstar -2° angle headset
Superstar chainring (36 tooth)
Hussefelt Howitzer cranks
E13 chain device
Nukeproof lock-on grips
High roller 2 tyres
Selle Italia saddle

gonna have a look monday!

Soldato
The Voltage is a great little bike, i have the 2011 FR30 version.
Now as far as downhill bikes go, its not the most progressive in regards to Geo, it came a bit too early to benefit from the more modern push to long and low.
The wheelbase is a tad short and combined with slightly steeper H/A make for a more "lively" character, it wont have the same planted "i can plow through anything" kind of feel that you get with the current crop of DH sleds, but then the Voltage was never marketed as a full on DH bike, its a Freeride bike, its supposed to be fun and lively, and on that it fully delivers, the Voltage puts a huge smile on my face on every ride.

I took mine down a slightly different path, I already have a Gambler for a DH bike, so when i spotted one going for £450 i looked at it and thought with a dropper, wide range 1x drivetrain I could turn it into something i'd happily ride trails all day.
Yes its short in reach and wheelbase compared to recent "Enduro" machines but its a snappy and playful little machine and it dosnt climb half as bad as you would imagine.

Pricey for the age and spec IMO.
i'd agree, with this though, i'd be looking at getting that price down to make it worthwhile.

Associate
Nice bike mate :)

Shouldn't the stand be holding the seat post?

Would this not put any undue stress on the dropper post though?

Went to Chicksands yesterday, for the first time in about 6/7 years. Was awesome to get back out on the trails again...rode the single track, 4x track, dual slalom and the pump track.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would this not put any undue stress on the dropper post though?

i figure it copes with 80 odd kilos of me sat on it, so hanging the 13 kilo bike from it would be fine.

obviously don't hang off the bike doing bolts up or hang it at odd angles (i tend to keep the post vertical).

Soldato
Soldato
yeah those moto bike type mudguards seem like you'll hit them with your feet. Will order the first one.

Seen the mudhugger that looks good, slightly longer but not available from halfords.

Soldato
Mucky Nutz on the front, Ass saver on the rear.

I also have a Mucky Nutz on the swing arm to protect the rear shock but that's not necessary if you have a hard tail.

Associate
Well after a week of trying to buy a Capra... The YT payment system refused to accept my credit card :(

So I popped out to my local Bike Shop and ended up buying a 2016 Cube Stereo 140 for the bargain price of £1600 (was £2300).

Not what i had my heart set on but its the best i could do at such short notice :D

Back
Top Bottom