Mountain Biking

Soldato
CRC sale sucks.

nothing good in stock (and their annoying "only show in stock item" option does NOT work).

ended up spending my xmas tokens on an over priced tyre lol

Caporegime
My Christmas treat to myself replaces my very good Diamondback Mission Pro:

http://imgur.com/a/F6od1

Apologies for the poor photo - iphone 7!

Lovely :)

CRC sale sucks.

nothing good in stock (and their annoying "only show in stock item" option does NOT work).

ended up spending my xmas tokens on an over priced tyre lol

I spend mine on a full (well I treated myself :) ) to a bargain full XT groupset for £300 :D

Soldato
Nice one! Let us know how you get on with it, hopefully you find it as much fun as i do! Where you riding?

I'm beginning to feel the withdrawal setting in from the DH bike, been about two months since i had it out properly, its in pieces at the moment, havnt had a chance to get it round to the LBS yet, and it'll take a while when i do hand it to him till i get it back.
Half tempted to stick the 40's on the Voltage and head up Descend at the weekend, place is looking great since Danny took over, looks like a lot of money and attention has already been sank into it.

Associate
Nice one! Let us know how you get on with it, hopefully you find it as much fun as i do! Where you riding?

I'm beginning to feel the withdrawal setting in from the DH bike, been about two months since i had it out properly, its in pieces at the moment, havnt had a chance to get it round to the LBS yet, and it'll take a while when i do hand it to him till i get it back.
Half tempted to stick the 40's on the Voltage and head up Descend at the weekend, place is looking great since Danny took over, looks like a lot of money and attention has already been sank into it.

I used to DH many years ago (until both my bikes got stolen grrrr) but TBH I'm yet to find a track an enduro bike won't take. I mostly ride at BPW and my old Diamondback Mission took all the black lines in it's stride but it's lighter, can pedal up (if you're that way inclined) and is more agile in tighter turns!

Can't wait to take the new Canyon Strive down the same tracks :)

Soldato
but TBH I'm yet to find a track an enduro bike won't take.
Yeah they are quite capable bikes these days, but the problem there is, no matter how capable, riding a full on DH bike on a DH trail is just more fun in my opinion, geometry is what it is on a DH bike for a reason.
I tryed the one bike for everything "thing" a year or so ago, I lasted about 10 months before i came to the conclusion that it was never going to work for me, just didnt enjoy it for more DH/aggressive riding.
I've now got the Gambler for a DH bike, the Voltage for a freeride/play/trail bike and i'll hopefully add to the stable this summer with a hardtail/short travel trail bike.

Associate
Yeah they are quite capable bikes these days, but the problem there is, no matter how capable, riding a full on DH bike on a DH trail is just more fun in my opinion, geometry is what it is on a DH bike for a reason.
I tryed the one bike for everything "thing" a year or so ago, I lasted about 10 months before i came to the conclusion that it was never going to work for me, just didnt enjoy it for more DH/aggressive riding.
I've now got the Gambler for a DH bike, the Voltage for a freeride/play/trail bike and i'll hopefully add to the stable this summer with a hardtail/short travel trail bike.

The only place I can think of that truly would need a full DH bike is Fort Bill. There are a couple of bits of BPW that would benefit from one for sure, but then the rest of the trail is much better on a more nimble bike - especially tight switchbacks!

The Strive I have has the shapeshifter which changes the geometry at a switch of a button and a funky move. Not into a DH bike of course, but a very capable machine (With the right rider of course!).

Unless you ride every summer in the Alps?

Back
Top Bottom