Mountain Biking

Associate
so despite the frame manufacturers claims, the headtube isnt semi-integrated its integrated. but there's two integrated sizes, which vary in size by 1mm :o never knew picking a headset could be so difficult! 90% sure i've bought the right one now

Soldato
Headsets are the only thing worse in standards than bottom brackets. Why can't there just be 3 surely with today's manufacturing capabilities there is plenty of scope to make it as strong and adjustable from just 3.

Caporegime
So did you get out yesterday? How was the wrist?

No, I was in between shifts and the weather was awful.

I was defiantly over confident about the healing. I can barely hold a cup of coffee :p

It's healing though, hopefully a week or so it'll be fine.

Yours 100% yet?

Associate
I ended up at Cannock on Sunday in the end, me and my brother just session'ed the Lower Cliff section over and over again :D

Probably the best part of Cannock if I'm honest, was lots of fun.

Soldato
Anyone been up to Wolftrax in Laggan?
Headed there in a few weeks and wondered what it was like!

Well worth the trip.
It was closed for a while a couple of years ago when loads of trees blew down in a storm and blocked all the trails. I've not been since it reopened but I think it's mostly the same as before.
There's a nice cafe there now as well.

Soldato
No. And the signage at the centre is crap! Didn't know anything about it until we got there. The free ride area is a worth a pedal up the fire road, do that and then down the diversion.

Thanks :) I ended up doing both trails. The diversion seemed pretty short, and that final descent into the car park is just so awesome.

Associate
My new xt m8000 brakes worked flawless yesterday. I was very apprehensive as read nothing but problems, the new iterations i have seem to have solved all that though.

Soldato
Thinking of mk3 flows rather than the rather pricey arcs, just as good as earlier flows?

supposed to be an improvement on the mk2's, wider anyhow

I have the hope enduros now (from flow mk2s) and they are great, easy to get hold of, cheap enough and work good, if you want wider (read trendy :D) go flow mk3 on hope hubs

edit : hope do wide now too!

Associate
Probably been asked a million times but how simple is it to go tubeless? Fed up of getting stupid little punctures. The rims I have are Giant XC-1's and the tyres are Schwalbe Nobby Nic's.

Soldato
With the right parts (proper tubeless rim strips, valves, pump, etc) it's really easy.
Bodging it together with tape, valves cut out of old inner tubes and trying to inflate without a proper pump is more difficult.

Caporegime
Yep, proper tubless rims and tyres and I've never had an issue. I use gorilla tape though, and it works a treat. But then so did the mechanic in the park video.

Heard loads of people complain it's a faff. But normally because their using some old non TR rims and tyres with tape they found in a drawer. Do it right.

Soldato
I found it a bit of a pain because the bead on my Maxxis Shorty tyre is ridiculously stiff. It took two of us to get it into the rim, but it sealed up perfectly on the first attempt.

Back
Top Bottom