Mountain Biking

Caporegime
Soldato
Anyone been up to Wolftrax in Laggan?

Headed there in a few weeks and wondered what it was like!
Been quite a few times, i was last there August. Definitely worth the trip, none of the trails are particularly long but all enjoyable and packed full of features, you can make a good day of it.
The red is split into upper and lower loops, upper loop is a bit of a climb but the down part is fast flowing and nothing too taxing, the lower loop is a bit more technical with lots of rocky slabs and one big open rock face, lower part of the lower red has been redone recently and although it dosnt have the old wooden boardwalk stuff that got wrecked in the winds its still really enjoyable.
There is also the black and orange. The black route, which is accessed from the summit of the upper red, and is pretty technical in parts with lots of awkward rocky sections and with it being pretty dense woods in that section are almost always damp.
The Orange route is a fun fast flowing section with big long bermed turns and plenty of big rollers/tables in the bottom half, the orange is accessed from the main fire road climb on the red.
I'm sure theres a blue or green route, but i've never ventured onto it so couldnt really comment.

Associate
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/park-tool-tubeless-tech-talks-video.html

But rims, tyres, tape (whatever you choose, but I like gorilla tape), soapy water, valves and a pump.

I love my charger pump, but a track pump will work if your keen enough!

Looks a lot easier than I initially thought! Thanks!

Been quite a few times, i was last there August. Definitely worth the trip, none of the trails are particularly long but all enjoyable and packed full of features, you can make a good day of it.
The red is split into upper and lower loops, upper loop is a bit of a climb but the down part is fast flowing and nothing too taxing, the lower loop is a bit more technical with lots of rocky slabs and one big open rock face, lower part of the lower red has been redone recently and although it dosnt have the old wooden boardwalk stuff that got wrecked in the winds its still really enjoyable.
There is also the black and orange. The black route, which is accessed from the summit of the upper red, and is pretty technical in parts with lots of awkward rocky sections and with it being pretty dense woods in that section are almost always damp.
The Orange route is a fun fast flowing section with big long bermed turns and plenty of big rollers/tables in the bottom half, the orange is accessed from the main fire road climb on the red.
I'm sure theres a blue or green route, but i've never ventured onto it so couldnt really comment.

Sounds brilliant! I've always preferred the more rocky/rooty stuff than jumps and drops so the rock face sounds interesting!

2 hour drive but it sounds like it'll be worth it.

Caporegime

It was my first taste of MTB, with work. I was drunk/hungover as **** and pretty much backflipped down that steep rock (or it was steep at the time). That was one of the worst days of my life.

Soldato
Managed to get four rides in in four days :D

Day 1

https://www.relive.cc/view/931855234

9312af10bd6142fca791d336363d4970.png

86fb12482b66490e86b44378469009c8.png

Day 1 Kirkby Mid Way Pano by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 1 Kirkby Mid Way 3 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 1 Kirkby Top Pano by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 1 Seat Pano by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 1 Seat Ridge Line 2 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 1 Lord Stones Pano 2 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 2

https://www.relive.cc/view/933387312

a526f39117494dedba230329fc5d66a4.png

1aa1f793b5fd41ce9fc82696fe2ad165.png

Day 2 Wain Stones by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 2 Ridge Trail to Lord Stones Pano by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 3

https://www.relive.cc/view/935231228

99705916c96946b19dc9a1ca85212a09.png

0147eee477ac4531affd47314b803a90.png

Day 3 Hamsterley Chris' Boardman 2 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 4

https://www.relive.cc/view/936609783

6d3a1546f323475b9f04d00bee74df8e.png

http://image.prntscr.com/image/eb1d10aad07442028d6eb4833b0d0e62.png

Day 4 Clay Bank Pano 2 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 4 Pano from the top by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 4 Moody by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 4 Moody Colour by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 4 Trail at the top 3 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 4 Down from Wain Stones by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 4 Trail to Lord Stones B&W by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Day 4 Trail to Lord Stones 5 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Full Gallery (get a drink, settle down and get comfy before opening!) Enjoy !!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jon_parry/albums/72157682458469106

:)

Soldato
The scenery in day 4 looks amazing! I definitely need to research that route/place.

Off to North Wales tomorrow morning. Not really sure where to ride yet. Thinking of doing that Llanberis trail on Saturday since the weather will be quite good. Perhaps I'll do the Beast of Brenin at Coed y Brenin tomorrow or Sunday.

Soldato
Really looking forward to the release, I like Clay Porters films, a bit over produced but still awesome, and Brendog is easily one of the most stylish riders on the circuit since CG back in the day.

Soldato
Bigger Slice of pie out next week if i remember right. Should be good, watched the original more times than i can remember, good old fashioned ******* about on bikes with mates in the woods caught on camera.

I dunno, I kinda liked Ride your ******* bike, dosnt quite live up to the awesome trailer, however it kinda took me back to the old style MTB films from 15-20 years ago, less serious more fun, bit of everything, from full on DH to street, watched it a few times now, and still enjoying it, as long as you dont take it too serious.
One thing that does bug me about it is the continuous force fed Fox, i'm fully aware its a fox film and its free, I suppose its a great means of advertisement for them, I guess i cant really complain.

Soldato
Yer bike, for me, just tried to cram too much in - the sections just weren't long enough

I was just enjoying them and they'd jump somewhere else

It was fun and not serious, which was fine - just too "bitty" if you know what I mean

Soldato
any idea how much i could get for my superstar build wheels? 650b DS25 BLACK RIMS / SWITCH ULTRA BLACK HUBS 32H (15mm front, 142/12mm rear, shimano freewheel)

seem to be £240 new currently. all straight and no dinks etc.

Back
Top Bottom