Mountain Biking

Soldato
Damn!!! it looks a bit blowy at the top of lourdes!!!:eek:
Thats going to have big implications for the top riders, Fayolle may have his first win on the cards here is the weather dosnt clear up a bit.

Soldato
Disappointing first round. Was hoping Tahnee would pull out the win and was hoping for a bit of a mens battle.

In other news t-rex tape does a good job of sealing rims. Much better than my superstar tape ever did.

Caporegime
Still suprised at Gregs time, what 11 seconds behind? Compared to everyone racing at the same time, he was a lot faster. Expecting a win from him this season. Heres hoping for some better, or the same, conditions at Fort Bill.

Associate
Can anyone offer any advise on removing a bearing.

I'd noticed everything wasn't properly aligned on my rear suspension and on closer inspection a bearing in the quad link has disintegrated. the other 3 aren't in great condition either. I was thinking that I can probably press them out with a few appropriately sized washers and a nut and bolt. Is this a terrible idea?

Associate
Anyone been to Tidworth Freeride? Might take a trip there at the weekend.

Also is there an easy way to size a new chain if you don't have an old one to measure off?
Fitted a new SLX 11sp set up at the weekend and just used all 114 links that the chain came with, but think it could possibly have a bit more tension in!

Soldato
quite enjoyable at tidworth, short fun tracks, easy push to the top enough variety to keep you going all day, however if there has been any rain give it a miss, turns into an ice rink with the slightest moisture (DEADLY).

Soldato
Disappointing first round. Was hoping Tahnee would pull out the win and was hoping for a bit of a mens battle.

In other news t-rex tape does a good job of sealing rims. Much better than my superstar tape ever did.

It doesn't seem as fun to watch any more. Some characters like Ratboy gone and Rob is nowhere near as enthusiastic since Claudio started commentating with him. I tend to just skip a lot of the races now and watch a few, whereas a few years ago i'd watch the entire thing :(.

Associate
Anyone been to Tidworth Freeride? Might take a trip there at the weekend.

Also is there an easy way to size a new chain if you don't have an old one to measure off?
Fitted a new SLX 11sp set up at the weekend and just used all 114 links that the chain came with, but think it could possibly have a bit more tension in!

I'm not an expert at chain fitting but as long as the derailleur pulley has tension on the chain on the smallest chainring it should be fine. If you go into the largest chainring and see the derailleur can still pull more tension then you can shorten the chain.

Doesn't the slx derailleur have a tension switch tho?

When I shortened/fit my chain I just removed 1 link at a time until the derailleur kept tension on the smallest chainrings

Back
Top Bottom