Mountain Biking

Associate
Any 27.5 tyre recommendations for my MTB? Can run tubeless but currently don't, I have some fairly gnarly tyres that came on the bike (Schwalbe Magic Mary / Hans Dampf) and want something with less gnar so the light trail/road manners are improved as currently that's where most of my riding happens.
I'd like to keep the same chonk look so I guess 2.3-2.5 width would be preferable, not too fussed in the rolling resistance imparted from the wider tyre!

Soldato
Any 27.5 tyre recommendations for my MTB? Can run tubeless but currently don't, I have some fairly gnarly tyres that came on the bike (Schwalbe Magic Mary / Hans Dampf) and want something with less gnar so the light trail/road manners are improved as currently that's where most of my riding happens.
I'd like to keep the same chonk look so I guess 2.3-2.5 width would be preferable, not too fussed in the rolling resistance imparted from the wider tyre!

the step down would be stick the HD on the front and get a Nobby Nic for the back

personally didn't like NN as its not grippy enough for me on the fun stuff but better rolling resistance I guess...

Soldato

Can't fault the Schwalbe Land Cruiser plus tyres I bought for my MTB for the exact same reason as you.

Wanted something more usable on the road and light trails which is where I do my biking.

Soldato
I bought the Horizon V2 wheelset in the end and set them up today. The hubs are really nice with a quick engagement. The styling is understated and they setup perfectly for tubeless with no dramas.

Looking forward to testing em at Innerleithen this weekend.

Caporegime
Lookin at the tracks, probably hit them all apart from Slab lol. That just looks like I'd die.

Main race track is really good. Slab track is pretty gnarly, I wouldn't redo it in the wet!

New track looks far out of my limits for sure, those I'd just case everyone of those jumps!

Soldato
What's the drops and roadgap like on race track? Can't help but feel bitten off more than we can chew. I know you can avoid them but... if you're there, gotta hit em
We've not done a bike park and it looks bonkers

Soldato
Thought you meant Angry Sheep and was going to say that's tame for Innerleithen... Just watched a video of Angry Bird. NOPENOPENOPE!

That looks mega steep even on Go pro!! :eek:

Yeah if it wasn't for peer pressure among friends I doubt we would have ridden it. Was hilarious though. Great fun. Think we all fell off about 3 times on that run.

It's also called "Not for Homophobes" .

Angry sheep is a walk in the park in comparison lol.

Caporegime
What's the drops and roadgap like on race track? Can't help but feel bitten off more than we can chew. I know you can avoid them but... if you're there, gotta hit em
We've not done a bike park and it looks bonkers

Theres a few gaps I wouldn't do, few car lengths that are avoidable. But there is a few drops that aren't avoidable - I done them and I'm a **** bag. One in particular that I was in before I knew it was there, but that's the advantage of these places they are built so good that you just kind of accept your fate.

Soldato
Theres a few gaps I wouldn't do, few car lengths that are avoidable. But there is a few drops that aren't avoidable - I done them and I'm a **** bag. One in particular that I was in before I knew it was there, but that's the advantage of these places they are built so good that you just kind of accept your fate.

Nice one, just ordered some goggles for me and my mate. Really lookin forward to this after watching some newbies go down racetrack. The drops look doable and think I may even have a crack at the roadgap too :p

Soldato
Was talking to a few mates last night and one of them said the camera makes it look steeper than it is and to try nae spleens and 2nd base at Golfy.

I need to get myself a big bike again.

Caporegime
Nice one, just ordered some goggles for me and my mate. Really lookin forward to this after watching some newbies go down racetrack. The drops look doable and think I may even have a crack at the roadgap too :p

Effort if you do, I've seen some guys **** out of it who will casually jump 10ft gaps every ride normally. One of them is horrible, looks a drop but its a gap. Friend landed to flat on it, and I've seen a few videos of guys breaking themselves on it.

Soldato
Effort if you do, I've seen some guys **** out of it who will casually jump 10ft gaps every ride normally. One of them is horrible, looks a drop but its a gap. Friend landed to flat on it, and I've seen a few videos of guys breaking themselves on it.

Yeah I think I know which one you're on about, I've seen a vid of a guy land to flat on it and he was shaken lol. Will post pictures from the hospital bed when I **** it up :D

Associate
So a friend has sent me the info the for Hope PMBA Enduro series next year and I have to say I'm tempted to enter, for the first stage at Gisburn at least. Never done a race or ridden really off-piste so it'd certainly be a challenge but all part of the fun.

Back
Top Bottom