MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

Soldato
What differences dies it make? Whether he was particularly invoking a nasty bunch of racists with an effective social media operation or simply repeating their rhetoric, his viewpoint is the same.

I think it does make a fundamental difference, he may have just being saying 'put Britain first' as a statement about the importance of British sovereignty and nothing to do with the group called 'Britain First' or their rhetoric.

Like Bentley and 'Let him have it' saying, grammar is all important ;)

eats shoots and leaves.....

Soldato
TBF if i was him, i would feel my safety is at risk after announcing that Britain First was heard. I would probably retract my statements made to the media, deny media claims and just tell the police and say you are concerned for your safety.

Soldato
I think it does make a fundamental difference, he may have just being saying 'put Britain first' as a statement about the importance of British sovereignty and nothing to do with the group called 'Britain First' or their rhetoric.

Are you suggesting that 'Britain First' doesn't have any interest in the importance of British sovereignty?

Soldato
Don't think anyone would disagree, but to connect it directly with Brexit is lolworthy.

To connect it to the campaign and to suggest that the anyone in favour of Brexit holds a similar view is lolworthy.

It's not so unreasonable to suggest that he might have done what he did because he held that view.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/yen-holds-firm-post-boj-050915562.html

Traders think the referendum may be postponed, I would imagine if Downing Street does think people are going to change their vote because of this murder they will be very tempted to postpone it.
If Cameron does postpone the referendum for a purely selfish reason then things could get real ugly.

It makes no sense for no.10/Cameron to postpone the referendum because if anything, it will swing the vote in Remains favour.

Soldato
Are you suggesting that 'Britain First' doesn't have any interest in the importance of British sovereignty?

No, I'm just saying his 'alleged' use of those words might have been a coincidence and not connected with the group.

Then again, it might have direct connections...I'm trying not to jump to conclusions - which is what we ask others to do in other incidents and wait for the facts

Associate
It makes no sense for no.10/Cameron to postpone the referendum because if anything, it will swing the vote in Remains favour.

Of course it will so to get as many people as possible changing their mind because they have longer to think about it a postponement would only help Cameron.

Soldato
Typical media reporting how it was a lone nutter.

I have no doubt the years and years of constantly reporting our country is going down the pan played some sort of role in this, whether 'Britain 1st' was shouted or not.

Additionally because its a white male, the papers are changing their tune, if it was a muslin they would no doubt be shouting that from the roof tops along with 'leave the EU close our boarders' - we all know they would.

This kind of reporting should be banned.

fg.jpg

Soldato
Typical media reporting how it was a lone nutter.

I have no doubt the years and years of constantly reporting our country is going down the pan played some sort of role in this, whether 'Britain 1st' was shouted or not.

Additionally because its a white male, the papers are changing their tune, if it was a muslin they would no doubt be shouting that from the roof tops along with 'leave the EU close our boarders' - we all know they would.

This kind of reporting should be banned.

fg.jpg

Whilst I agree that they shouldn't always leap to "terrorist" when it's a Muslim perpetrator, I also think that it's right that they don't get all "herpderp terrorist" on this guy.

Soldato
I doubt this will swing any voters - just makes the Remain campaign seem even more grubby. The Police need to clarify what happened asap as we shouldnt be getting our news from some shopkeepers window.

Soldato
No, I'm just saying his 'alleged' use of those words might have been a coincidence and not connected with the group.

Then again, it might have direct connections...I'm trying not to jump to conclusions - which is what we ask others to do in other incidents and wait for the facts

Oh, I agree with that. I think the point was more that it doesn't matter whether he was affiliated with them or not; whether he said it in connection with the group or as because it's line touted by the campaign doesn't change the fact that he killed for his beliefs. No one suggests his actions are reflective of any group at this point.

*this is of course, if he said it :p

Back
Top Bottom