US: Mr. Robot

Associate
well if under the dome can make it to 4 seasons anything can.

haha

must admit i was drifting in and out of season 1, and dont really have any urge to watch season 2 as a result.

i thought this had some real potential after the first few episodes.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Long predicted "unreliable narrator" twist finally happened, many forums discussing this scenario since episode 2 must be celebrating right now. I still enjoyed it though. Well presented, well delivered. The "unreliable timeline" is back as well, as in - everything that we've seen since ep 1 must be after the darknet site resolution, not during. So just keep that in mind - what Elliot narrates to us as "right now" doesn't have to be literal here and now...

Soldato
Long predicted "unreliable narrator" twist finally happened, many forums discussing this scenario since episode 2 must be celebrating right now. I still enjoyed it though. Well presented, well delivered. The "unreliable timeline" is back as well, as in - everything that we've seen since ep 1 must be after the darknet site resolution, not during. So just keep that in mind - what Elliot narrates to us as "right now" doesn't have to be literal here and now...

Did I miss something in the episode that made that the case?
He has been trying to get rid of his father and only since the Ecorp crash, was he going through his routine, which is where he met the Darknet guy.
Seems like a consistent timelime to me.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Did I miss something in the episode that made that the case?
He has been trying to get rid of his father and only since the Ecorp crash, was he going through his routine, which is where he met the Darknet guy.
Seems like a consistent timelime to me.

How do I put this without spoiling stuff for the people that haven't seen episode 7 yet:

Elliot is at "his mother" since the beginning of season 2, doing the routine, dining with Leon, watching basketball, participating in prayer circle etc because of the way he resolved Darknet server scenario. His routine, as seen by us, is the result of meeting Ray, not how he meets Ray...

Soldato
How do I put this without spoiling stuff for the people that haven't seen episode 7 yet:

Elliot is at "his mother" since the beginning of season 2, doing the routine, dining with Leon, watching basketball, participating in prayer circle etc because of the way he resolved Darknet server scenario. His routine, as seen by us, is the result of meeting Ray, not how he meets Ray...

I don't understand. The routine was to rid him of his father, which he says on many occasions. To meet ray do the darknet thing and then start the routine would imply he was either seeing him as another figment of his imagination at the basketball games on the benches. Which doesn't really add up. I might have to rewatch it

Last edited:
Soldato
Latest episode was just awful imo, probably the worst yet across both series!

Absolutely loved series 1, and it suddenly picked up last week but then the latest episode felt like pointless padding and really did drag. Cant say i care about any of the characters in the team and i think the show is trying to hard to make us, dunno just feels odd to me

Soldato
I feel that some people really don't understand what this show is about because they're focusing too much on the "hacking" and technology and missing everything else.

Soldato
Caught up on S2 last night. There are some great moments, but I'm completely lost in Elliot's story. They've done so many imagination threads its feels like all filler to make up some episodes. I've stuck with it as S1 was superb, but if S3 looks more like S2 then I'm out. They need a strong editor to slap some coherence into the script writers, this is just disappearing up its own bottom at the moment.

Caporegime
Oh my, this thing is terrific!

Episode 9 and 10 really dialled it up.

The music is something else as well. That last quarter of episode 10 felt so claustrophobic and tense.

I love it!

Soldato
I think it is wonderful, watching everyone else falling apart.
The inter relationships, the other mental illnesses being displayed by virtually everyone in the show, just different types, all taken to extremes.
Beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom