• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 290/290X Gaming Edition Thread

Soldato
The sapphire is crazy loud at 100%, not comfortable to sit next to at all ;)

So you have the sapphire 290/290x with the tri-x cooler then? think you're getting confused with the reference cooler sapphire 290/290x(all reference 290/290x regardless of asus/msi/sapphire/gigabyte/etc all had the same cooler).

Last edited:
Associate
Slightly off topic question here: does anyone know how to get MSI Afterburner OSD to work in BF4? It's working in every other game for, just no this one.

Caporegime
Cheers for the link mate
a solid 40 mins of BF4 and no black screens :)
Oh, and sweet sweet card :)

Good man. Any more problems?

Hi there

For anyone with a MSI 290 Gamer struggling to clock ram beyond 6000MHz try flashing a regular Asus 290 bios, none X as this is just an AMD bios, for some reason I can now get 6800MHz memory OC on the regular 290. Have MSI done something in the BIOS to hold the regular 290 back OC wise I wonder?

So not good ram OC, try it. :)

The AMD BIOS is also far better for undervolting too.

Maybe the 290X is similar, but I never tried it's stock BIOS as I flash all 290X always to the Asus 290X bios for extra voltage. :)

Gibbo ive got two of your VTX 290's. Will i void my ocuk warranty if i flash the bios to the Asus one you mention?

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom