MSI Optix MAG272QR 27" gaming monitor release date?

Associate
Looks like Amazon's first shipment instantly sold out for this monitor? Haven't ordered from Overlockers in a year or two, how are they for returns etc?

Never had to, myself, but they seem to a very good rep for handling things promptly and properly.

But then I guess they would round these parts, these are their forums!

Associate
Just received a reply from MSI regards flicker and blue light, for anyone interested:

'MAG272QR has new technologies to reduce flickering but it is not guaranteed to be zero flicker. You may still experience flickering when the framerate is too low ( <20 fps) or when you are in loading screens of the games. For blue light filtering, there are predefined levels which reduces emitted blue light from pixels, greatly reducing eye strain and fatigue. When activated, colors will shift slightly according to filter level selected.'

Not sure what is meant by low fps flicker, hopefully means at a normal frame rate (30-60) there isn't flicker but I don't know enough about screen tech. Would this screen use PWM then?

Associate
Seen a review on Newegg that mentions some backlight bleed... Think I'll go ahead and order from Overlockers, surely if there is backlight bleed I can just return it?

Associate
Nothing yet, the vendor I ordered through are still showing stock as due today, but I can't say I'm holding out any great hope. Everywhere else is still just "Pre Order" or "Register for stock notification"

They seem to have been available in the US for a few weeks, so presumably we're just waiting on a shipment or something.

Associate
Nothing yet, the vendor I ordered through are still showing stock as due today, but I can't say I'm holding out any great hope. Everywhere else is still just "Pre Order" or "Register for stock notification"

They seem to have been available in the US for a few weeks, so presumably we're just waiting on a shipment or something.

Presumably you used SCAN? that and Overlockers seem only place to be saying stock soon but both charge delivery fees unfortunately :(

Any staff from OC got a date for delivery?

Associate
Dammit, no communication on my order either, just that change in date. FFS.
Amazon also now showing mid-march to mid-april delivery.

That's really annoying. I need this so I can get my second monitor back from my other half!

Can get one shipped from the US in a week, with 60 quid shipping(!), and then if there was anything wrong with it I'd be liable for return shipping *and* up to 25% restock fee. Nope.

Might be time for another look at the AOC AGON AG273QX, though it's more expensive, it does seem to actually be available in a few places.

Last edited:
Associate
Dammit, no communication on my order either, just that change in date. FFS.
Amazon also now showing mid-march to mid-april delivery.

That's really annoying. I need this so I can get my second monitor back from my other half!

Can get one shipped from the US in a week, with 60 quid shipping(!), and then if there was anythign wrong with it I'd be liable for return shipping *and* up to 25% restock fee. Nope.

Might be time for another look at the AOC AGON AG273QX, though it's more expensive, it does seem to actually be available in a few places.

Yeh I was looking at Amazon US but couldn't justify that shipping haha, poor form of Scan to change it the day it's supposed to be in stock.

Associate
OP
Ye was gutted scan changed the date but overclockers has it for pre order now so hopefully they start arriving soon. Seen the AOC version but not seen many good reports on their monitors so want to stick with msi, plus I would like to get 2 curved 1080p monitors in the future to go either side of this one and this way they will all look the same. Hope it's due in soon,
Fingers crossed overclockers staff can keep us up to date with delivery dates for stock.

Associate
MSI have delayed this monitor until the end of the month. Stock is due to hit the UK in late Feb and the distributor has advised that we should receive stock on or before 03/03/20.

:(:(:(:(

Associate
OP
Ye I contacted msi a d they said early March so fingers crossed. Was all excited for a nice new monitor and then delayed :(

Soldato
Been available in the US for some time, but you're right, it's been a good 3 month lead time, which is ****.

3 months? That tells you they knew they weren't getting them any time soon. Just happy to take your money and lock you in, less likely to spend elsewhere on something else, OCUK can't lose.

It's not "pre-odering" its "pre-customering".

Associate
3 months? That tells you they knew they weren't getting them any time soon. Just happy to take your money and lock you in, less likely to spend elsewhere on something else, OCUK can't lose.

It's not "pre-odering" its "pre-customering".

Oh I didn't order it here, I ordered it once from amazon, who cancelled on me, and now have an order in elsewhere. I blame MSI this time, not OcUK

Back
Top Bottom