MSI Optix MAG272QR 27" gaming monitor release date?

Associate
Been told by Amazon will be delivered the 27th. Forgot I still had it ordered and had bought a Dell 32inch curved in the sale though that's got backlight bleed so going to return it anyway.

Feel bad not ordering from OCUK but can't ignore free delivery :(

Associate
Does it not come with one? I thought there would be one in the box. Can you let me know for sure as I'll need to order one to arrive tomorrow with the monitor...

Good news Jimmy, to my surprise it has one in the box, along with another lead, USB 3.0 to something that looks like the old printer port but with another section added to it (not really up to speed on all these damn connector types :D)

Associate
Sooo any first impressions?

Not really, only had about half hour on Modern Warfare last night. Selected the mode "FPS" but everything looks a little greyed out, even this forum background goes grey(ish) rather than the blue. So just switched back to "user" mode and dropped the brightness down a bit (think it was default 90) to about 60 IIRC. There's a lot more settings in the menu than I had with my Asus: HDR/Professional/something about anti-motion blur I think, etc . Going to have to search the web for some recommended settings.

Associate
Finally! A screen without backlight bleed, literally can't see any bleed at all on my unit which is great. I'm using default pictures settings.
Also:

- No ghosting that I've seen so far
- To my eye great picture quality and colour reproduction.
- No speakers :( Not a deal breaker but would have liked some crappy ones atleast.

So far really happy with purchase! My first monitor with usb's, very useful for charging devices.

Edit: Stand also feels solid with tilt, swivel, rotation and height adjustment which is nice. Thought it might look a bit 'gamery' but think it looks smart personally.

Associate
OP
Cool, mine is at home still in the box. Arrived today but working 12 hour shifts till the weekend. Wil set it up sat night I hope and get a blast. I'll be doing a video review in a couple of weeks after using it for a bit. Looking forward to 1440p gaming tbh.

Associate
We have unboxed ours. Gonna run the Flying Saucer ghosting test thing tomorrow sometime, will post results here and in one of the VA threads, so people can see how a brand new high-refresh VA panel performs.

I'm hoping I get to say "see, it's fine!" to all the folks who say VA is a no-go for them because of it.

Associate
So this is looking good so far, in general.

We've not figured out how to get the back-lights working, as neither Dragon Centre nor the MSI Gaming OSD utility actually activate them (though both claim to be able to...) so that's to be investigated at some point (low importance)

When we had g-sync switched on in the nvidia drivers and HDR activated in the windows settings, WoW (her mainstay game) looked really shiny and good, but whenever she clicked on something in the browser on the other screen, WoW would flash black, down-res itself to 1920x1080 and the colours would go crap. Clicking back on WoW would make the same thing happen in reverse. We switched both those things off and it's OK (though apparently slightly less shiny), but I'd like to find a real solution to this at some point. I suspect that is down to having dual monitors with very different capabilities rather than this particular model being weird/bad, as her second monitor is an older IPS, 1920x1080, no HDR, no sync, 60Hz etc etc

Looking like hardcore messing-with-it will take place tomorrow when my other half isn't trying to spend her day off levelling up some sort of fox creature. I dunno, not my bag, I'm in it for the tech :)

Associate
............when my other half isn't trying to spend her day off levelling up some sort of fox creature. I dunno, not my bag, I'm in it for the tech :)

Haha...the days of WoW, when my lad lived with us, all he played was this damned game, never saw the point tbh, as every time I went in his room, his character was just walking somewhere. I used to call it the walking game :p

Back
Top Bottom