Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

This is what I mean...
Hobby King on the left and genuine DJI onthe right, there's a big difference in the amount of material and cross sectional area at the point of breakage.

Can you mount any flight ctrl on the DJI F450 frame, as I've read that it will only take DJI or Naza...?

Yes, I'd just found that but the image they have doesn't seem to match the one Col_M posted above. Theirs looks too thin around the motor mount point which is the one thing I'm trying to avoid.

However, their spare legs appear to be the "right" ones...

Last edited:
Heres my Dji 330 with brushless gimbal and quadframe landing legs and a £1 tub from the bargain shop on top

quadcopter.jpg

Heres a flight video:

Last edited:
pazza

Give us your spec ie which battery, motors and props you are using

On that one:

Frame Dji 330
Motors = Ntm 1200 kv
Esc = hobbyking blue 30 amp (simonk flashed)
Props = graupner 9x5
battery = zippy compact 5000 mah 4s

Rctimer gimbal & gopro
Quadframes us landing gear

flight time = 14 mins.

Its a great little video rig.

Can you mount any flight ctrl on the DJI F450 frame, as I've read that it will only take DJI or Naza...?
You can mount any flight controller on any frame as long as it supports the motor configuration :) All of the major flight controllers support the 450's 'X' motor configuration.

How did you go about flashing the ESCs in as much as securing the connections to the pads on the ESC? It looks like a risky, if not complicated process.

Theres a tool you can buy from hobbyking that makes it easy:

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1079.0
That's the best option :D I soldered some servo cables onto the pads which was just a ball ache, I'm going to buy the tool if I ever need to do it again.

In other news, I got the Orange OpenLRS module for my Taranis and set it up over Xmas. The Rx is going on my 450 so once I've changed the VTx to a lower frequency one I can take it further away and fly behind stuff! Look out for some foresty proximity goodness :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom